“authentic and good”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Traditional Hungarian Restaurant serving old fashioned Hungarian dishes following family's recipes.Open every day:11:30AM-3:00PM (LAST RESERVATION AT 2:00 PM!)6:00PM-11:00PM (LAST RESERVATION AT 10:00 PM!) Between 3:00PM-6:00PM is CLOSED! RESERVATION IS REQUIRED!
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a new restaurant near the Parlaiment so a 15 min walk from the centre. It is in a quiet street so feels away from the Tourist hourds.We had an excellent Hungarian meal -not cordon bleu or Michellin star but good simple Hungarian food very well presentedwith attentive service.
this is the ideal place to eat if you ate in budapest for a hort break and want authentic food in pleasant surroundings at a very reasonable price. You will need to book.

Susan H, Proprietario at Hungarikum Bisztro, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Susan

Write a ReviewReviews (7,751)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very nice and informal place, prefect for a lunch or an every-day-dinner. Decorated in a basic but warm way, obviously for tourists, but it's really worth tasting!
Grat duck leg, goulash soup, langosh and cabbage salad.
Basic wines and desserts selection, could improve.
Great, quick and nice service.
If I'm back in Budapest, i will come back for sure, and I hope they'll be still doing as well as they're doing now!

Dear Agnieszka,

Thank you very much for you nice comment. I hope to see you again. Next time if you come at lunch time, you'll find only locals here. :-)

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I visited Budapest this past weekend, and after reading reviews here, we knew we had to have 1 of our meals at Hungarikum Bisztro. We are sure glad that we did! I had the menu of goulash soup, crispy duck leg, and apple pie while my husband opted for a bowl of the goulash soup and Loin of Pork with Paprika Sauce and Bacon Sour Cabbage Dumplings. All of the food here was exceptional! I left with a full stomach but told my husband that I wanted more because the food was that delicious, especially when paired with a cold Hungarian beer.

Besides the food being wonderful, the thing that impressed me the most was the service. Everyone that was working made us feel welcomed. They were all friendly, and showed that they truly cared about their customers, and their dining experience. If I could give a higher rating for service I would.

I would recommend that you make reservations in advance to ensure that you don't miss out.

Hi there,

Thank you so much! There are no words to thank you! I hope to see you again!

Sincerly yours,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to the restaurant on a Sunday late noon, and it was great. Went there not that hungry and got out of there with an appetite for more. Had a goulash soup, and it was just as a goulash soup should be. Then I had the crispy duck leg (first time I taste a Hungarian style crispy duck) which was very tasty. The prices were also very reasonable.
The very nice waiter/owner invited me for a palinka shot at the end which sealed the whole meal as a success.
Go there, it's worth it!

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked this restaurant vase on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The starters were fairly basic but ok. For main we both had the pork tenderloin with dumplings which was delicious. The pudding was again fairly basic, but this was made up for by the lovely friendly staff. The restaurant is also great value so worth a visit.

Kind Regards,