1,035 results
All reviewsgreat locationbunk bedsprivate bathroomkey cardruin barsjewish districtdeak ferenc terlobby areabars and restaurantsnight lifecentral locationtourist attractionsmain attractionsthe air conditioningwombatswifiroommates
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Honestly one of the best hostels- great location, helpful staff, clean rooms/bathrooms and modern looking lobby/bar/dining area and all for about 10-15 euro a night. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm with a private bathroom, and couldn't have asked for anything more. Breakfast was great (1000 Hungarian forints), free welcome drink and cheap bar made for a great stay.

The only negative was the rooms had quite poor ventilation (or our shoes were really smelly...) and we often had to open the window to ventilate the room, which obviously led to us being really cold. Also walls were quite thin and friends complained of being woken up many times at night by other guests coming home.

Will be returning if I visited Budapest again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for new years. It was a really nice hostel with a great atmosphere in a good location. However the biggest problem was that you could hear absolutely everything that was going on in the hall ways. Every door that was closed banged so loudly and could be heard louder being in the room than out. Due do this we had about 3-5 hours sleep each night. We wouldn't go back because of this.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Judyyeh
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed in many hostels across the world and have to say that Wombats is probably top of the list. The location is excellent with only a short walk to the metro and a number of the main attractions in the city, the staff are very friendly and helpful and can offer advice on what to see and do when in the city. The room we stayed in was a 6 bed dorm with shared bathroom, the room was very spacious, could even have fitted another bunkbed in their and the bathroom was very clean, we were even asked by one of the cleaning supervisors if we were happy with the cleanliness of the room - something that has never happend to me before in a hostel. The breakfast offered at the hostel is also very good value for money and is worth a look and the bar has a good atmosphere in the evening with good drink offers. Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Budapest!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Fantastic location near the metro, in the Jewish quarter right beside all the best restaurants with great prices. Short walk to many main attractions (Eg. The Synagogue, St Stephen's, The Danube embankment). Staff are so friendly and accommodating, helped us plan what we were doing each day, gave good directions. Particularly helpful when I left my phone at the front desk when I left for the airport!! I rang them and they arranged for it to be couriered to the terminal before my flight boarded. I was very grateful for that.The rooms are modern, Bathrooms are modern with good showers (ours could have been cleaned more thoroughly.. not to say that it was very dirty though)

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Very nice and modern hostel. The only thing that make you realiza that you are in a backpackers is that you share rooms. Nice bar and recreational spots. Very good service and location, very clean. Honestly since now the best hostel i've ever stay in europe.

• Stayed: December 2012