1,034 results
All reviewsgreat locationbunk bedsprivate bathroomkey cardruin barsjewish districtdeak ferenc terlobby areabars and restaurantsnight lifecentral locationtourist attractionsmain attractionsthe air conditioningwombatswifiroommates
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed in many hostels across the world and have to say that Wombats is probably top of the list. The location is excellent with only a short walk to the metro and a number of the main attractions in the city, the staff are very friendly and helpful and can offer advice on what to see and do when in the city. The room we stayed in was a 6 bed dorm with shared bathroom, the room was very spacious, could even have fitted another bunkbed in their and the bathroom was very clean, we were even asked by one of the cleaning supervisors if we were happy with the cleanliness of the room - something that has never happend to me before in a hostel. The breakfast offered at the hostel is also very good value for money and is worth a look and the bar has a good atmosphere in the evening with good drink offers. Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Budapest!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Fantastic location near the metro, in the Jewish quarter right beside all the best restaurants with great prices. Short walk to many main attractions (Eg. The Synagogue, St Stephen's, The Danube embankment). Staff are so friendly and accommodating, helped us plan what we were doing each day, gave good directions. Particularly helpful when I left my phone at the front desk when I left for the airport!! I rang them and they arranged for it to be couriered to the terminal before my flight boarded. I was very grateful for that.The rooms are modern, Bathrooms are modern with good showers (ours could have been cleaned more thoroughly.. not to say that it was very dirty though)

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Very nice and modern hostel. The only thing that make you realiza that you are in a backpackers is that you share rooms. Nice bar and recreational spots. Very good service and location, very clean. Honestly since now the best hostel i've ever stay in europe.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights. It has an awesome location! Its close to the metro. The place is huge and very clean.The breakfast was very good! It does have a very commercialized feel to it,and a good bar, it also seemed like the majority of the people were more of the party type, and while that's great, I enjoy having educated conversations instead. Next time I will look for a smaller hostel, where people connect more.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jason H
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friends and I booked a room with 6 beds. The room was big, clean and very confortable. The hostel is in the city center close to all the attractions. In less then 10 minutes you get to the Vorosmarty square where it is located the Christmas market. Everything looks as you see on their site. We paid 10 euros per person, it's a very good price. The hostel doesn't have a parking lot so you have to park on the street (400 forint/hour) or to park in a garage (2400 UHF/24 hours). The kitchen is big and very well equipped.
We will definetly stay here again!!!