“Excellent fun, excellent guide, excellent”

Segway Tours Budapest
Ranked #13 of 340 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway Hungary, the oldest Segway tour provider in Hungary is happy to offer the wonderful experience of riding around our beautiful capital on the most amazing, most inginous, most fascinating and most fun to drive vehicles. Not only you can glide through the nice pedestrian streets, parks and places of Budapest without getting tired of walking, or without being closed behind the windows of a sightseeing bus, but you also get from us professional guiding, historical and current-day information, great photo opportunities and client orientated, personalized service. We always try to make make up the tours following the needs of our clients. We operate in all weather conditions, and provide our clients with rainwear, gloves, hats, and jackets if needed. If the weather conditions are very bad the tour might be canceled, in this case, unlike with other companies, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. WE HAVE NOW SPECIAL OFF SEASON PRICES!
Reviewed October 17, 2013

One of those days where everything as a traveller is perfect. We arrived at the shop at 10 am and met with our guide Tom. And we were the only ones so basically my daughter and I had a private tour in sunny Budapest. We chose the Castle tour of 2 hours and after some very competent instructions we went on our segways. Tom was a considerate guide. Getting of and prepared to help if there was a curb or anything and at least looked over his shoulder for us at every 15 seconds - very comfortable. Also the stops were well timed and his stories and insight in the Hungarian history were very good, educating and entertaining.
I can strongly recommend this activity in Budapest and if it is possible for you - ask for Tom (Tomasz) as your guide. Enjoy - but watch out - Segways are addictive

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"historical facts"
"gellert hill"
in 7 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"margaret island"
in 7 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 6 reviews
"fantastic experience"

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have taken two different tours of the City on Segway, combined with walking tours, foodie tour, cooking tours and a Trabant Tour. I enjoyed all the tours very much recommend them all if you have the time. I believe this tour was very safe, and was a wonderfully fun way to see a substantial amount of tour area like in a car. They teach you in the beginning to just keep your wheels away from curbs, planters, other segways, etc. To me it is no different than taking a bicycle tour - just watch what you are doing and stay safe. I took the general downtown tour and enjoyed it on Monday, and another tour of Hero's Park, the Jewish Quarter and much more on Tuesday.It was so much fun I did not want to stop, but I have to go home. I highly recommend these tours. My recommendation is a combination of a good walking tour(s) and some Segway tours and Trabant tour would be a perfect combination to see the City inside and and out. If you are a foodie as I am, then foodie it as well.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great fun, easy to get the hang of after a few minutes.
But a bit strange having such busy pavements being on Segways.

Was a bit dangerous too, with one of our party falling off and getting badly bruised - so we cut it short after an hour.

We're hardy types, so not a lot phases us - but I wouldn't try it again to be honest.

Fun way to get around and see the sites, but bouncing up pavement edges etc a bit dodgy.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a wonderful way to enjoy Budapest. It was educational, but mostly loads of fun. Our guide Mel was excellent; she tailored the tour to suit our interests and included a few hidden gems we never would have found on our own. I highly recommend this tour. This has been one of our greatest vacation days anywhere, anytime!