“Very good hotel ”

Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace
Ranked #29 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel in the city center of Pest. Rooms are wide, clean, fully furnished. Services are good, including bar and connected restaurant. Receptionists are competent and English is well spoken almost from everybody. Wifi is the only drawback, the signal is not so stable in some parts of the building.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank l3st4t
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear guest,

Your feedback is truly appreciated and your stay too.

Thank you for your nice words.

Regarding the Wifi connection, I would like to ask for your kind help. If it is not disturbing you I would like to have more information about where you detected weak connection. This is in order to investigate what can be the problem.

Please write me a few words to: managerbudapest@zenithtotels.com

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Best wishes

There are newer reviews for Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great, new, modern hotel located in central tourist area, within walking distance to most attractions and public transportation. Clean, comfortable, quiet rooms. Staff very friendly and offered great recommendations for restaurants. I did not eat breakfast at hotel, which is offered for additional cost. Great value given high quality of rooms and great location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your nice words. Also for choosing Zenit Hotels to stay in Budapest

I am very glad that you liked our hotel and enjoyed our service.

I will congratulate the staff in your name.

Best wishes.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in December 2013. Immaculate hotel. Bedroom and bathroom clean and smart. Unusual sink in our bathroom - no plug hole - just a shallow basin into which, you kept the water running to get washed - very unusual and arty. Reception staff were really friendly and helpful. Fantastic reception lounge with 10foot long linen covered sofas and complimentary tea and papers. We went specifically for the Christmas market which was all of 200metres away. Just round the corner from Anna Cafe. Do make time for an afternoon cake, coffee and brandy. The hotel is opposite the Marriott and 100metres away from the Intercontinental. The number 2 tram is just 100metres away and tickets can be bought from the small mini market a couple of doors away from the hotel. The number 2 goes up past the Parliament building and down to the large Central Market - both well worth a visit. You can buy tickets for the Red Bus and Yellow Bus city Hop On Hop Off buses from the reception desk in the hotel. The ticket also includes a boat trip (1hour) on the Danube. The Zenit is about 100m from the Chain Bridge. Catch the no 16 bus which crosses the Danube and then climbs the hill opposite to the castle on top. St Matyas' church is well worth a visit next door to the castle. Don't catch the no 16a bus, unless you want an adventure - it doesn't go back down the hill, make sure you get the 16 which will take you back across the Chain Bridge. When you get off, back on the Pest side, walk towards the Parliament along the river bank and you will come across a memorial to the Jews who were executed during the war. It's really poignant. It's a collection of shoes, made out of iron, in the 1940s styles. They represent the shoes left behind when Jewish residents were lined up and shot, and then thrown into the Danube. Some of the shoes are children's. very moving. Take the Red bus tour and hop off at Cafe New York. An incredibly beautiful cafe - Venetian chandeliers, frescoes on the ceilings, gold and opulence everywhere. It's part of the Boscolo Group who always do things well. Whether you want a full meal, an ice cream or just a coffee, you will be treated the same way - as a valued customer. To sum up - the hotel is so well worth staying at, it's location is excellent, explore Budapest - it's fantastic. Oh and finally - make sure you pack a good appetite - the Hungarians are very generous and seem to know nothing about portion-control. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Our bedroom overlooked the reception which was previously the courtyard and because of this, the bed...
4  Thank woo93

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your stay and comment.

All your travel tips are going to be very useful for any traveller reading your review.

If sometime you come back to Budapest, it will be a pleasure to welcome you again. Do not hesitate to ask for an outfacing room in your booking requests and we will assign one for you.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just came back from my stay at hotel zenit and i had a wonderful stay! The hotel deserves them four stars!
The hotel is in a really good location i was not expecting it to be that close to the attractions for the price i paid the room. it is very close to the sqaure, xmas market, chain bridge and the metro.
The staff there have a really good customer service, they are all dressed really smart, speak good clear english and are really helpful. They gave us loads of information about attractions around the area and booked two of our trips for us.
The room it self was good had all the essentials you need very clean we didnt have a great view but that doesnt really matter.one little problem we had in the room was that in the night time the heating kept turning up by it self and it use to be really hot in the room and kept waking me up and on the last night the heater in the toilet kept making a werid noise and wouldnt stop at all which was annoying but i still fell asleep as i was so tired!
The breakfast was not included with the price of our hotel but on the last day we ate at the hotel and it cost us 13 pounds a person, i didnt think the breakfast was anything special a little dry and not worth the price, we are breakfast round the coner from the hotel and it was half the price and nicer food!!!
I would recommed this hotel to anyone who wants a hotel in the city centre. its a really good hotel with good staff and a good location :)

Dear guest,

Your feedback is truly appreciated. Thank you very much for choosing us to stay in Budapest.

I am very glad reading your nice words about our hotel and service; and also very happy to know that you enjoyed it.

But I am also concerned due to the discomforts that you mentioned.

I must to say that it is not normal such an uncomfortable temperature in the rooms and the continuous noise from the bathroom. I would really like to look through this case. Due to this reason I would need to have more information, as your name and dates of stay or the room number in case you remember it. The reason of these questions is that I want to check personally the room you have been sleeping to try to detect some possible problem.

Feel free to write me at: managerbudapest@zenithotels.com

I am also worried about a possible confusion about the price of our breakfast. It has a fix cost of € 12 if it is not included in the rate of your room. I am going to monitor the quality of the products of our breakfast with our Food and Beverage Manager. I can stand that we always serve fresh food. In fact in our show cooking kitchen you can order freshly on-spot-made omelettes, eggs, bacon, grilled vegetables, etc; also the bread is daily cooked in our bakery. Everything included in the price of your breakfast. But I can not deny that an unusual situation could be produced and I would really like to avoid it for the future.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to look over our service, your comment is really useful to help us to improve.

If sometime you come back to the city we will be more than happy to welcome you again, I hope you can give other opportunity to our breakfast ;)

Yours faithfully.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

After reading all the reviews, I decided to choose Zenit for my stay in Budapest and it did not disappoint. Kudos to the front desk for making my stay excellent. They are ever so willing to help and give tips on what to see in Budapest. They were always very cheerful. The last night of my stay, I had to deal with a noisy neighbor who blasted his tv. They were not able to contact him as he was asleep and they just changed my room to the only available executive room. The invitation the hotel's anniversary was a pleasant surprise. The hotel"s location is excellent. Breakfast is also good with enough choices. A special mention must be made about Sara. She makes the stay in the hotel even better. She treats her guest like friends. I would definitely stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear guest,

I am very grateful for your stay and comment.

I will congratulate Sara and all the Reception Staff in your name. They are going to be very happy to read your review.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again the next time you come back to Budapest.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Helpful staff , very central location for the Christmas Market, River cruises and bridges. Splendid choices for breakfast (as others have said, not included in the price) and an interesting looking ham bar-which we tried to visit but prior booking was essential-maybe next time.
Tickets for the Hop On Hop Off bus arranged quickly by excellent staff and for the night cruise dinner, but worth noting that nether can be paid on "plastic" but require cash only.
Immaculately clean and decent sized rooms-and as visiting during, December , beautifully warm. Will certainly book here again

1  Thank Geoff G

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. I am very happy to know that you are so satisfied with us and that you will repeat again.

We will be more than glad to welcome you.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We took 38 from our company to Budapest for our Christmas party and we chose this hotel for its overall proximity to the river, the palace, the Christmas market, shopping and of course the night life. The staff at the hotel were excellent and the rooms were great. The reception area is very welcoming and ideal for a rest after a hard night partying! I will definitely return to Budapest and would be very happy to stay at the Hotel Zenit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
PETER S, Manager at Hotel Zenit Budapest Palace, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear guest:

I am very grateful reading your comment. Thank you for choosing us and also for the time you spent writing your review.

I am very proud for your words about our staff; I will congratulate them in your name.

Knowing that you would repeat with us is the best award we can receive. We wait for you!

Yours faithfully.