“A delightful evening on the Danube”
Review of Mahart PassNave

Mahart PassNave
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was a great way to see the sights of Budapest from a cruise boat, both during the day and at night with the beautiful lights. Our cruise was not very crowded, but it was quite relaxing and enjoyable. The food was good (a buffet), the music was good, and everyone got on the dance floor near the end of the evening. It was fun to dance, eat, take pictures of the Budapest sights, and experience Hungarian food--all in one enjoyable evening. The price was very reasonable (around $33 per person) for a 3 hour tour. We would recommend this event!

There are newer reviews for Mahart PassNave

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a great way to see the city and its monuments beautifully illuminated and an added perspective after an up close visit. The choice for the cruise is either drinks or dinner and although we did not expect much of a meal we were pleasantly surprised. The menu was mainly Hungarian dishes so a good sampling of the local fare. They handled the buffet very well so there was little or no crowding around the table. I'd say this was a better than average dinner package. And the views from the ship are breathtaking.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

disspointing...for a day boat...tour if only drinks option then go to upstairs seating only....had mediocre music and made too feel like second class citizens...also had too pay too taste wines,drinks as an extra,,,not including free soft drink...also not a night tour as was daylight...one of the worst....
go and get a free hop on or hop off tour bus/boat one instead more enjoyable for half the price...

2  Thank jardden
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went for the dinner cruise which starts at 7pm. The highlight of the cruise was the great view along the river and we enjoyed the view as the day changes to night. Unfortunately, that's the only wow factor. The rest isn't anything to shout about. The food selection was decent, musical band ok and service average. What I find disappointing was the organization of the cruise. Firstly. there's isn't any seat/table reservation available and we have to gather at a meeting point before walking to the boat. So it doesn't matter if you bought your tickets early or if you arrived at the meeting point earlier. Your table will only be assigned when you arrived at the boat and naturally, those who walked faster and is able to be at the front of the queue will get the table with better view assigned. You may also end up sharing a table with others. Secondly, I do not see the point of gathering at a separate meeting place rather than at the pier where the boat is. I will still recommend going for a cruise but maybe for the drinks only cruise package just to enjoy the view rather than spending the extra for the dinner.

1  Thank CKY88
Reviewed May 13, 2013

You must be lucky to read the reviews first. Dinner and cruise seems to be a perfect choice for last night in Budapest. I asked Budapest Marriott Hotel staff to reserve for us. I guess it must be nice as price is not that cheap (10800 HUF). However, it turn out to be worst experience in my trip.
1. The food was horrible.... I believe traditional Hungarian food is not that bad.
2. I reserved 2 seats a day before but cruise staff told us that we about to get ticket after paid that we need to join other table on the cruise day. It really weird to sit in table with another couple (all of them are 4-seats tables). If I know I would book it in the first place.
3. My chair is next to the pole, I almost need to crawl to get out of my chair, no space at all.
In summary, IT'S NOT WORTH MONEY AT ALL. I suggest you to sit along side with river to enjoy the view. It has no different and FREE. It seems legitimate but I feel like I got swindled T_T. I should read review from Pierre M before I went there. I feel exactly the same.

3  Thank Numwan P