“You MUST Go Here!”
Review of Instant

Instant
Ranked #9 of 213 Nightlife in Budapest
Reviewed April 4, 2013

You can’t go to Budapest and not go here. Grungy, charming, an array of characters, great music, better drinks and it made for a wonderful night. And if you left at 5am like we did, take comfort in the fact that a 24 hour McDonalds is about 2 minutes away. Also, don’t be put off by the long queue outside, it moves really quickly.

2  Thank keeran89
Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was on a tour and it ended here. I heard about these types of bars being in Budapest. I am glad I cam here, nice atmosphere. The bartender was very nice and suggested other bars to go to and they had a very large selections of beers!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I don't think I was maced - not sure, I was utterly ruined by the time I got there. I only have good things to say about it - there's a large smoking area towards the front, and it's been the only place I've found in Budapest where it's actually okay to smoke indoors. They also have some table football tables (100 HUF). I couldn't find the cloakroom, but there seemed no issue with me walking around with my coat and a couple of bags. It's probably a good place to find drugs.

If you're travelling alone, this place is easier to strike up casual conversation with people than Szimpla.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Instant is a great place to party till dawn, with cheap drinks and eclectic, ruin bar-style decor. The dance floors are claustrophobic in my opinion, but to each his own...my friends had no issues. Mandatory coat check is a pain, especially if you're coming in just for a drink at the start of the night.

1  Thank forthecookies
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Monday night after eating out & the place was dead for quite a while, but still so much to see (rabbits on the roof...) & cheap drinks 500huf a pint. By the time we left the atmosphere had improved & was starting to rock out (although that was midnight on a Monday). wish we'd found it on the Saturday we arrived. Music was 'system of a down' the whole album so probable not representative of a weekend.

1  Thank Nicholas S