“Clean and Free wifi”

Ranked #72 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Bangkok, Thailand
“Clean and Free wifi”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at 21-22 May 2013 with my friend. Room was clean and comfortable . Wifi is free and strong. Breakfast is various but breakfast area is not enough for guest in morning. Location is good have local bar in front of hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Prague
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel is located on a side street next to Szent Istvan krt, just behind the Comedy Theatre (Vigszinhaz). The rooms are quiet, yet you are located in one corner of the broader Budapest centre, very close to some local cafes and restaurants, but not really in the main touristic areas – an ideal location for business travel. I ended up in this hotel by accident as the other hotels I used in the past had crazy rates for the night of my stay.
Back to NH Budapest: I was impressed from the moment I entered the building by the nice entrance hall (it must have been an inner yard in the past, which was later roofed when turned into a hotel), very friendly, professional and forthcoming staff. The room was just pleasant, tea/coffee making facility, and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was rather pricy but exceptionally good – great fried mushrooms!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank show112
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On the overall, the hotel was good...well located, close to public transport to many of the sights in Budapest. The staff were good, polite and responsive. The part I really liked was the breakfast, they had a good variety of healthy foods for 'weight conscious' people like me including listing the calories per food item.

I thought nonetheless that it is not really a 'touristy' hotel. This for a couple of reasons; for starters, they do not have double beds (at least that's what they told us)! Two single beds were pushed together and given separate beddings; which for a couple was weird and uncomfortable..beds would move apart on use. Second, they advertise that they have sauna, massage rooms facilities but the place was empty all the times I went there. There were no staff to assist you or anything and I had to call the reception for them to switch on the sauna; remotely albeit. The rooms didn't have gowns or in room shoes and the towels were so small they could barely go around me, let alone my husband.

I have to say though that I enjoyed my overall experience at the hotel and I hope that they can improve on the few things mentioned

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here on 7 and 8 May 2013 with a group on business. The hotel was clean and functional, just what we needed for a short trip where we just wanted somewhere to sleep.
They have the widest selection of food at breakfast I have ever seen. There was everything you would expect and some items that amazed me such a Chilli Beans, Spring Rolls and Cheesecake. Definitely something for everyone!
I would stay at this hotel again if I was travelling for business, but not for pleasure. There was no real atmosphere in the bar and I wouldn't choose to eat in the restaurant in the evening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, England
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Booked a last minute trip to Budapest and this hotel seemed reasonable value at £60 per night. We had one of the rooms which opened out on to the inside of the hotel.
As already mentioned, with the internal windows open it can be a little noisy. With them shut not a peep but then we were on the 6th floor. The room was a good size and clean with all the basics and decent speed free wi-fi.
My only little (and I mean little) moan is that there should be a mirror by the desk in the bedroom to be able to get ready sitting down.
The room had twin beds pushed together which I found nice and comfy and had two good nights sleep even though it was a little on the warm side. We did have the air con on all night.
The breakfast buffet was included. If it hadn't of been I would of had breakfast at one of the local cafes as it was adequate but nothing special.
The staff at the hotel were all pleasant and helpful and happy to help with our many sightseeing questions.
There are bars and restaurants in the vicinity and some quite good ones at that but the majority are in the area near to the Szechenyi Bridge. If you're going to enjoy the nightlife I would try to stay a little closer to this area as it was a bit of a trek after walking all day. If you're just sightseeing then this hotel is good value for money.
Public transport is frequent and cheap! So if you want to save a few pennies to get to the hotel from the airport it's no great drama.
If flying in to terminal 1 get the mainline train straight to Nyugati Palyaudvar.
If flying in to terminal 2 get the bus (there is only one from the airport so you can't miss it) to Kobanya-Kipset and then the metro up to Nyugati Palyaudvar.
Then walk straight along Szent Istvan for a few minutes to the hotel. We tried the backstreets on the way there and got a little lost so stick to the main road and you can't go wrong.
Each of the public transport journeys is approx £1. A taxi is approx £20.
All in all a good stay and no major issues with this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a high room, away from the lifts with an external view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Georgina G
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed just for one night last saturday. The room was big enough, with an older TV, bathroom was ok, with basic toiletries (shampoo, lotion, shower gel, but no earbuds, cosmetic pads etc.).

I have called a hotel before I booked to make sure we can stay with a dog, they confirmed. We checked-in and after five minutes they called us at the room phone and asked us to come back down to the reception because they forget to charge us 10 EUR/night for the dog. They did not mention the fee before.

Although the stay was great, the city is lovely. Enjoy!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and get room nr. 723 on the highest floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Clean rooms, good price. Avoid if possible rooms facing internal hall (but with closed windows no noise in), location is quite close to subway and to Danube bridge...walking distance from parlament building. (Free) Wi fi working at good speed..good breakfast

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business