“Would recommend a sighseeing boat ride”
Review of Danube River

$35.96*
Budapest Wine Tasting Cruise
Ranked #5 of 486 things to do in Budapest
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We took a sighseeing boat trip of approximately 1 hour, which was included in the ticket of a "hop on hop off" bus tour of the city. It offered a great view of the city which you wouldn;t normally experience. Well worth it!

1  Thank Pops_Mccrill
Write a ReviewReviews (9,669)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The ship itself was fantastic. A very attentive crew, fabulous food and a very clean and organized ship. The shore excursions are included daily, so very little extra money was needed. There were optional tours as well, but reasonably priced. The onboard entertainment was pleasant, but not overwhelming as on some ocean cruises. We could relax in the lounge, read in the library or play a game. There is a computer in the room with free wifi access, movies and music. Because of the limited number of guests, a true family atmosphere exists. Water is provided in your room and refilled daily free of charge. Coffee, tea and water is also available in the lounge. The cruise director was knowledgeable and even booked our train tickets as well as printed them for us. Gratuities are also left to the discretion of the guest and not forced on you as on some cruises. We took this tour over Christmas and so we saw some of the Christmas markets. If you want to see all the markets, take it the week before Christmas as most of them close on December 24.

1  Thank tree47
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The Night Walking Tour around Budapest is a must, especially around Christmas time with the beautiful lights glowing throughout the streets of Budapest. My tour guide Anita was very knowledgeable about the history of many locations around Budapest and I'm not a history person but I found it very interesting and enjoyable. Of course, Anitas English was great, I could understand every word and really got to know about the history of Hungary.

After the tour I was also recommended to a couple of other places in Budapest which took up my whole day! I needed more than a day to fully enjoy it though I felt but I'm glad her knowledge goes past just giving the tour.

The cruise on the river was great, you get served a drink and you are guided by the river Danube and other great people of Hungarian History in the language of your choice! (Mine being English)

All in all, really great tour and cruise, great picture opportunities everywhere, definitely around Christmas time. 10/10 would tour and cruise again. Thanks, Anita : )

1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I just took pictures from the car but i love the Danube and the surrounding areas. If you are there perhaps the best is to hop on the #2 tram line. there is one car that is decorated during Christmas. it is fun and a great way if your legs are tired

Reviewed December 19, 2013

not much to say- great river and nice views from the boat. Especially like Margaret Island in the middle