Hotel Abel Pension
$364
$310
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsensuite bathroombuda sidefamily roomeasy accessyogurtcold cutstram linequiet areacentral budapestcitadellacityaccommodation
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This lovely, quiet, private pension, located on the Buda side, will continue to be our location of choice as we return to Budapest in the future. If you're flying in it's about a 22 Euro ride from the airport, but make sure you take a taxi from the taxi stand and not one of the local "cabbies" waiting outside the baggage claim. The "innkeeper" is a very charming man and makes his guests feel genuinely at home. Breakfasts were genuinely continental with plenty of fresh break, cold cuts, juices. Our room with its own bathroom overlooked a very nice backyard for quiet time when you want to have some quiet time from the busy city. It's a nice walk to Móricz Zsigmond square where you can ride bus 7E(express) quickly to the Pest side of the Danube. The square is also where you can catch the Metro to other parts of the city.
So if you're looking for a home away from home enjoy Abel Panzio and ask for a "room with a view."

Dave and Bonnie
USA

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I got a double room and mother-in-law got a single room for two nights. The neighborhood was nice if a little out of the way and was easy to find. The house itself was very nice and the fridge was stocked with beer, wine, and drinks. While the rooms were spacious and clean they had a little bit of a run down feeling to them. The bed was lumpy, the shower head wouldn't attach to the wall, and the shower curtain kept falling off of the rings. The staff was not helpful with recommending restaurants or shows, and they kicked us off the breakfast table 10 minutes before the breakfast was supposed to end so they could begin cleaning. It interrupted a nice conversation we were having with some of the other guests. The next time I am in Budapest I am going to look for something that is a little bit more guest oriented.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ivtheforth
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at ABEL Panzio for 8 nights July 2011 and we were happy and comfortable there. The house is a beautifully restored Hungarian villa (built 1913) with all the charm which this implies. Situated in a quiet residential area it has a shady and restful garden which residents can use. Convenient for the city, with excellent transport links, it is near shops and local restaurants. Staff are courteous and friendly - approachable and helpful in every way. Also speak good English. Our room (ensuite double) was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2010

First night, my train arrived late, almost midnight. The directions to Abel Panzio from their website were perfect and easy to follow. When I arrived, the hotel was locked, but I rang and the staff greeted me, smiling and escorted me immediately to my room and told me to get comfortable and sleep well. The room was very spacious and very clean.

Every morning, I got a wake-up call, which was a personal phone call!! One day, I had a tour and the guide arrived early, so I was going to miss my breakfast. The receptionist that day made my breakfast to go for me!

Also, one evening, I needed directions to a folk show. The receptionist had not heard of the building, but looked it up online for me. The directions she gave me were very easy to follow.

Each of the girls were very friendly, attentive, and I experienced the best service I have ever had anywhere!!!!! Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We had a wonderful stay in the pension.It is a very quiet place in a special atmosphere. The receptionist was lovely and very helpful. If we come back to Budapest we`ll definetely stay at this place again. Although it was so hot in town the rooms were comfortable thanks to airconditioning.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple