“Excellent time again”

Ranked #62 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Chalandri, Greece
“Excellent time again”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

May I let you know that the most of the time of the last 3 months, I have passed my time,for a specific purpose,here in Budapest in Ibis Budapest Centrum Hotel,than in my home in Chalandri, a suburb of Athens: that is,5 times in a less than 90 days period.The people who work in the Reception section and in the breakfast providing placeare very nice in their manners, industrious and always ready to help for any that it is possible for them to do.
May I refer, too,to the ladies upstairs in rooms,who prepare my room,even they do not know to to speak a common language with me, they are willing to help for my stayng and better living in my room.There is a lady who speaks Italian,the country that I compleated my first degree university education.All the times that I arrived in your very comfortable hotel, there is a person who is doing with a smile in the lips,the duties that has to do,concearning either the Chek In or the Chek Out, or to assist me for the selection of the room,for example, to bring to me some more hungers for my clothing, or 2 more pillows and a blanket, because of my meditteranean origin, it is cold here in Budapest, as you can feel it.
I would like to reffer to the Deputy Manager of this premises, Mr.Gabor Kun, who is very
Good, from the point of profrssionality view speaking, a person with high level of spirit, knowing how to behave properly to the good and frequent customers.
Reffering to the other working persons ladies and gentlemen of the Front Desk namely: Miss. Klaudia, Veronika and Andrea, may I say that they behave excellently, for the shake of their employer, Ibis Hotel, but for the perfect accomodation of the clients, trying to do their Best for the convenience of the peoplewho preffer to stay in this previledged hotel, I should say, situated in a nice street, where many very good restaurants and Coffee Bars are located, The well known street Raday utca. The gentlemen working in the Front Desk, as well, Mr.Attila,
Zoltan and Mihaly are very good and prominent young professionals, very intellectual personalities, who do not perform mechanically their duties, but they are persons who communicate and approach the customers propperly as a good seller of servises should do.
In my last 2 Reports, I have mentioned and stressed out, the very good condition of the rooms that I have been placed untill now from the Front Desk people of the hotel. Everything was excellent. All the above people do deserve the ethical sutisfaction and support of the
Ibis Hotels chain management. Congratulations,
Dott.Georgakoulias,Athanasios.

Room Tip: Every room is good!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 769THANOS
IbisBudapestCentrum, Manager at Ibis Budapest Centrum, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest, We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Budapest Centrum. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback. I will share your comments with our team (Klaudia, Veronika, Andrea, Attila, Zoltan and Mihaly). Thank you again for sharing your experience. Sincerely, Mr Gabor KUN, Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked a room for 2 person through the Ibis web site because I don't like to sleep in small bed. When I checked in, the staff asked if there was just myself, I said yes. When I went to the room, I realized she gave me a single room because the bed was very small. I went back to the front desk, she exchanged a bigger room for me. But it was just very strange she switched to a smaller room without asking me.

The hotel lobby always has acid smell. The staff explains it is from the cleaning chemical. The towel also has some bleach smell.

The hotel is located at a street with many restaurants. Some of them play loud music at night until 11pm.

I stayed at the Ibis Prague right before coming to this Ibis in Budapest. The breakfast is worst in this hotel for sure.

The only good part is the room rate is low.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
IbisBudapestCentrum, Manager at Ibis Budapest Centrum, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest, We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Budapest Centrum. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback. I will share your comments with our team.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Central Location, lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Room basic but clean. Garden terrace was not open even though weather was great, we would have spent more time in the hotel if this was open. Staff sometimes friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Indeed a very confortable, clean, well positioned hotel. The size of the rooms was good. The toilets were modern and well sized. The staff was very pleasant. The choice of channels on the TV, covered several languages. The hotel is situated in a very lively street with lots of restaurants and good street vibe. Definetly a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisBudapestCentrum, Manager at Ibis Budapest Centrum, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Heerlen, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 25, 2013

A long weekend stay for a city trip Budapest offcourse starts at the Ibis Budapest Centre hotel. It has a modern reception with friendly staff. Breakfast selection more than sufficient. For dinner the restaurants are located next to the hotel, lots to choose from. Clean room, good bed. Public transport options around the corner tram, metro, bus. And last but not least the price of the room, thumbs up!.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RQ77
IbisBudapestCentrum, Manager at Ibis Budapest Centrum, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Bolzano, Italy
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Plenty of pubs and restaurants outside the door.Try pub for sale and Pampas argentinian restaurant around corner.Handy for Metro.Good breakfast in hotel,Hotel parking expensive but conveniently positioned under hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Good stay in this hotel, Ibis is always a good quality/price.
2 negative points:
1- breakfast is too noisy because of the many tourists staying at the hotel for the weekend.
2- elevators too slow (5-10 minutes to go down from 8th floor) because of the groups.
Apart from that service very nice, wifi everywhere, bar open late, nice location in a nearly pedestrian zone, close to tramway and the Duna river.
I will go back there for my next trip to Budapest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Budapest Centrum. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem of noise & elevators and prevent future occurrence.
Sincerely, Mr Gabor KUN, Deputy Manager