“Ok”

Ranked #117 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Belgrade, Serbia
“Ok”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I spent a few days in this hotel traveling for business last week. It was ok for me, standard holiday inn, so I got what I was expecting. I have chosen it as it was close to my final destination, so it was very convenient for me. However, it is almost outside of city, on a highway road ring, so probably it is not the best option for tourist visit of Budapest.

Rooms are big enough, however, hotel is not brand new, so the furniture is not in the best shape. However, it is very clean with comfortable beds.

Internet is not cheep. Breakfast ok, standard. The only problem for me was that I couldn't get room to be warm enough, as whatever I do with the central heating it was providing me the same (low) amount of warm air. (problem I am facing in almost each hotel with central heating system...).

Stay again ? Yes, if I get back to this area for business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BUDBS, Manager at Holiday Inn Budapest-Budaors, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to give your opinion, we appreciate it very much. Like every year, we'll maintain our central heating system again, and we do hope, that on your next visit you will find everything OK. with it.
We also do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel, we will do our best to make your stay enjoyable.
Best regards,
Mónika Bencze salas manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Skopje
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I wont discuss the rooms, they are standard Holiday inn interior with some things dysfunctional in bathroom, also the radio above the bad was not 100% functional. The thing that was a total misery was the breakfast. I was a part of a group trip so probably they cut the menu if what was there can be called a menu. All we had was bread,jam,butter and milk and coffee. Also some nonsense price of 5eu or so for 30mins of internet like we're still in 19th century. Staff was average helpful, but they didn't knew anything that i asked them regarding some locations of known places in town. Also the hotel is way away from the city, so taxi ride to the center was about 15eu. My advice stay away from this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budapest-Budaors, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Skonev,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from the our staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G.
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Old hotel, tasteless food and located way out on the outskirts of the city. Do not stay in this hotel unless this is a quick nights sleep while driving on the highway. You can tell this hotel is old and rooms are smelly. Certainly it has seen better days. It is way too expensive for the quality it currently provides.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TMtravellerPoznan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budapest-Budaors, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear 36177260,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from housekeeping and for the poor food selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed January 18, 2013

A U.S.-style Holiday Inn with no-frills rooms and paid internet (even for platinum priority club members). The service was rude, with the receptionist handing me an invalid internet code and questioning my words when I had to come down again because it wasn't working. The location on the other hand is very convenient if you want to drive into Budapest. The piano bar with live music downstairs was a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budapest-Budaors, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Alex188057,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. I am pleased our location suited you well. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

It was a pleasure hosting a Priority Club member like you and I hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed in his hotel with a family. Rooms were fine, and large. The hotel it self is clean, and the service was friendly. The restaurant is convenient and decent. This hotel seems aimed at business travelers.

No free internet, even for platinum members.

Nice mall within a short walk. Had plenty of places to eat and shop, and a good coffee shop for breakfast.

There is free parking, and plenty of it. We were on a driving tour of Austria/Hungary, and this hotel is right off the high way, although a little complicated to get to off the exit. We stayed here, but used the trains to get back and forth to the city center. The hotel desk did not recommend the trains, but suggested the bus lines. We used a previous review (April 2010) that does a great job of explaining how to get to the station. The train station is an easy walk, but the station is not a tourist station, and English was not spoken. If you travel Europe a lot, and use public transport, you should be fine. They check tickets in Hungary more than anywhere I've been. I would not suggest trying to ride without a ticket.

This hotel is fine, and the rates were fair.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed there 2 weeks ago with my boyfriend.We were both satisfied with the hotel.The room was nice, clean and comfortable, the bathroom had all the amenities needed.Just across the motorway (you must use the overpass) there's a McDonald's.The only disadvantage is the location, but since we traveled with a group it was not a problem for us, but if you travel on your own it's a bit complicated to get to the city center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marija P
Gdansk, Poland
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Nice personel, fast service, food is not bad as well. Hotel is in good location when travelling by car to or from Budapest - so excellent for transit but not for longer stay. Good value for money for the service offered. Also walking distance (just around the corner) to shopping mall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family