Tripadvisor
Budapest
8,980 results
All reviews executive club beautiful hotel royal spa executive room rickshaw restaurant steam room five star hotel main restaurant spa facilities the river tram stop the air conditioning long weekend jewish quarter city break public transport chain bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Corinthia is a breathtaking building and beautifully looked after with excellent staff. Breakfast was extremely good and there are two massive airy rooms to eat it in.

My room was very well appointed with a great bathroom. The wide corridors of the hotel give it a sumptuous and spacious feeling.

The pool and spa are really beautiful although when the hot us busy they are in high demand.

The staff are very highly trained and immaculately turned out and polite.

I would have given this review 5 stars but... Although it is affordable (this standard in London would be much pricier)... For the money and being a luxury hotel I think they should address these points..

TV selection is very meagre. No sign of movies or eveb YouTube. So you end up having to watch endless cnb or BBC world. Why can't they have smart TVs?

As mentioned by another reviewer.. The main bar in the lobby is sterile with no atmosphere. This is such a shame because it could be much more patronised and atmospheric if only the drinks prices were reasonable. I would have had a couple or three beers in such a gorgeous settibg but could only afford 1 and had to leave the hotel. The violin cembaki trio were great but they were playing to about 5 people. Sad. I'm not suggesting turning this elegant hotel into a pub but just offer customers a drink without the price being eye watering.

Lastly.. A courtesy bus from the airport would be a helpful touch. Getting to and from the airport is tricky on public transport and I had a horribly cramped bus journey on the 100e shuttle. What a bad advert for Budapest.

I would stay again out of season as it is so lovely a building with fine staff.

I guess many 5 star hotels have dining and drinking prices that inhibit you from using the place you are staying in so it's no shock.. But sometimes you don't want to go out of your sanctuary.. Even if it is into such a superb city.

Trip type: Traveled solo
JonathanPace, Vezető at Corinthia Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear andersprof,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Corinthia Budapest. It is such pleasure to read that you very much enjoyed your stay at our lovely hotel. We will review your thoughtful comments with the management team and implement changes where needed. Thank you again for letting us know your thoughts about Corinthia Budapest, I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

· I expected a luxury hotel but the only luxury that matches was the swimming pool
· It started with the check in,,the clerk was unexpirient ,it a long long time and the handling wit the CC was clumpsy,also I was woundering that they took a deposit on the card ,it seems they dont trust threre quests.The hotel was sterile ,the bar deserted and the bar keeper anoid.We choose to spend our money else where .The rooms are ok but the toilet is sqeezed between the wall and the shover.the reading lamps are haging out of the wall and didnt work.For a 4 days stay there was only one bottle of water complemetary,this this doenst match the expectation of an luxury stay we usualy have when booking this class of accomodation.The tabs of the bathroom are old ,you have to adjust the temperature with with 2 handles ,and this works not very well,either to cold or boiling results

Dear narings,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Corinthia Budapest. I am really sorry to read that we couldn't live up to your expectations regarding the rooms. On the other hand I am happy to read that you loved the Royal Spa. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future and better serve you next time.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Fabulous hotel, lovely rooms, very friendly staff. Brilliant breakfast, has everything and great quality.
Without any doubt upgrade to VIP lounge use, free coffee, beer and Prosecco all day with pastries and canapés.
Only fault was the swimming pool and jacuzzi. Both very cold which was a shame.

Use concierge service to book a boat trip and evening meal on Danube, was one of the highlights

Great location by the way.
Whilst in Budapest go to the zoo. Hardly mentioned on any sites as to what to do. I am not a big fan of zoos but this one is fantastic, has every animal you can think of including polar bears and all the animals are well looked after.

Overall, one of best hotels I have stayed in and would go back in a heartbeat.

Room tip: Upgrade room to include VIP lounge
Date of stay: December 2019

Dear stephenbO943VQ,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Corinthia Budapest. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful time at Corinthia Budapest. The Budapest Zoo is indeed a great attraction and worth a visit while in the city.
I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Hotel is worth the $ spent, the location and the ambience is great. Staff behaved stiff necked - maybe being from India was the trigger.Breakfast menu is awesome and the executive club worth its price.

Trip type: Traveled with family
JonathanPace, Vezető at Corinthia Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Rajaggie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Corinthia Budapest. I am happy to note that you found the hotel satisfactory. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Stunning hotel. Friendly staff. Reception and concierge outstanding. Housekeeping superb. Spa clean and well equipped. Breakfast all you could possibly want. Location excellent.
No fault could be found with this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jkb65

Dear Jkb65,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Corinthia Budapest. Thank you very much for mentioning our team and the interior of the hotel. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.