8,068 results
All reviewsexecutive clubroyal spabeautiful hotelexecutive roomrickshaw restaurantsteam roommain restaurantfive star hotelspa facilitiesthe rivertram stopthe air conditioningopera houselong weekendjewish quartercity breakpublic transport
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed here for the period June 15-18 2010 to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we could not have chosen a better location. The hotel itself is just beautiful and absolutely spotless. We paid to be upgraded to the executive lounge which provided free drinks and snacks throughout the day and also included premium brands.
We stayed in one of the two-bedroomed apartments which were both spacious and well-equipped with a fantastic 6 foot bed in the main bedroom. Bathrobes and slippers were also provided. The apartments are accessed either via a walkway or you have to cross a small road at the back of the hotel, it literally takes a couple of minutes to reach your room.
The breakfast was truly fantastic including various breads, cheeses, hams, cereals, pastries, omelettes (coooked to order by the chefs) a large variety of juices etcetera....you will not be disappointed. We did not eat in the hotel at night preferring to sample the local restaurants however the executive lounge snacks were delicious.
We spent an afternoon in the spa, unbelievably the pool was empty and again very clean, the loungers are also very comfortable, in fact I fell asleep for two hours!!
The only small downside to the hotel is the fact that smoking is still permitted in all areas, when you are used to smoke free-zones in England this can be irritating.
This hotel has received many 5 star reviews on this site and they are truly deserved, if you are considering a hotel in Budapest you will not regret booking this hotel!

1  Thank markyboy32
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I have some mixed feelings about this hotel.

I was excited to go there since reading all these good reviews about it. We were celebrating my birthday and I had informed the hotel about it when making the reservation asking room to be ready since we would arrive a little bit earlier. When we arrived - no upgrade, which seemed to be the case with almost everyone else as I read these reviews. Ok, no mistake there, I understand that it isn´t always possible. Room was ready, so that was fine. I got a bottle of sparkling wine on my birthday evening, late at 9pm, that was nice, but if I´m honest I would rather have had the card and congratulations a little bit earlier, now it almost seemed they forgot my birthday (which they usually don´t in a five stra hotels!).

We had an executive room in the 3rd floor, which seemed to be OK, a little worn out, but OK. They have a marble bathroom with separate bath and shower, large bed, in-room safety box, tv, radio/cd player, 2 bath robes (pretty worn out, though) . Just a couple of points about the room; the bed mattresses are quite soft, so I didn´t sleep too well, but OK overall. In the bathroom it´s not very handy to have a shower stall with only a ashoer you can´t take in to your hand - and in the bath tub you have one and no stall so water is everywhere if you for eg. wash your hair there. Also we had our shower broken at the bath tub, and they fixed it at the next day.

Spa is very nice, I highly recommend to try it! It was very realxing to go to the jacuzzi after a long day walking in the town. Only some people don´t seem to know the spa etiquette and were speaking very loudly in the spa, that was quite annoying. But the spa is propably the only thing that made me to give this hotel 4 stars.

Breakfast is ok, but not superb, I´ve had better. Ther are all the basic things you could wait in a 4 to 5 star hotel.
On thing that was quite strange was that the waiting staff was very rude, not even a smile to be seen. I asked for some hot milk to my coffee, and I had to wait for the hot milk for 10 minutes after asking it twice. Also the second morning we were at the breakfast there were couple of waiters who were obviously discussing about other customers, rolling their eyes and making faces behind the counter they take the dishes. After this they started to joke with each other by slapping each other with napkins! Unbelievable!
This is something that should not be seen in a five star hotel breakfast lounge.

I could recommend this hotel to a friend, but there can also be better hotels in Budapest.

Oh, one thing I forgot; in the first e-mailwith the hotel they named me " MR. firstname/lastname ", and I kindly told them at my e-mail to them that it´s Mrs., not Mr. Regardless of this I was "Mr." during the whole stay, every letter, check, everything was written to "Mr.". Quite annoying, I might say. We´ll, at first we laughed about it, but then after couple of days it started to bug me. Not a big deal, but anyway.

Overall the hotel is clean, brekafast is ok, rooms are ok, spa is good and the location is good. Service could have been better. All the little negative things are extinguishing the shine of the 5 stars this hotel has.

1  Thank Anu_Finland
corinthiabudapest, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your comments about your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during you stay. We have noted your kind and constructive comments and we will endeavour to ensure a more consistent level of service for all our guests for the future.

Thank you again I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest on a future occasion.

Yours sincerely,

Adrian Ellis

Reviewed June 20, 2010

Went to Budapest on my birthday, and couldn't find a better hotel to stay. It's very classical, with an outstanding oriental restaurant, and a very good FREE spa! :)

A must go!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We spent five nights at the Corinthia Hotel and it was just wonderful and worth every penny. When we arrived, we were surprised to find that we were upgraded to the Mezzanine (Club) Level which made our stay so enjoyable. Besides offering a free, American-style breakfast every morning at the cozy, Mezzanine Level, they had snacks, heavy appetizers, and full bar (with top rail brands) available all day until 10:00 p.m. Plus free use of the internet on the hotel's computers. What a treat it was to come back after a full day of sightseeing in the hot and humid Budapest weather and have this luxury at our fingertips. In the main bar off the lobby, there is a piano player in the evenings as well.

In addition, there is a fabulous, huge rimless pool available at the spa level with hot tubs, and steam and sauna rooms. Comfortable lounge chairs are available so this is another luxury that should not be missed. After using the pool facilities, we enjoyed deep-tissue massages that were so relaxing at 85 euros each.

Our room was quite large with a sitting area and the bath was marble with separate shower and tub--and it wa

The hotel is located right on the tram line and a few minutes walking distance from the subway. I highly recommend the Corinthia.

1  Thank christina3629
Reviewed June 19, 2010

From start to finish, this hotel created a stay we will never forget. On arrival, we were informed we had been made guests of the day and we were upgraded to a deluxe suite. Decor was beautiful. Chocolates were waiting in the room and a few minutes later champagne was delivered to our room. The spa was the best I have ever been to. The spa receptionist showed us the pool over the balcony and I was stunned- really the most beautiful area to relax- when I was descending the stairs to the pool level I really couldn't believe I was staying here! Breakfast area was amazing. Looking upwards to all the little glass walkways between floors was a delight! Food was fantastic- omelettes made to order and suchlike. Dinner in the Rickshaw restaurant was equally amazing and delicious.
But the best thing about this hotel was the sheer value. I got a deal on travelrepublic for 3 people, bed and breakfast for 3 nights for around 350 pounds. Brilliant. Staying in a place where the lobby looks like somewhere out of a palace and where a movie was being filmed, I reckon that was pretty good value. Certainly deserves to be no.1 in Budapest again. Thanks Corinthia!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family