8,223 results
All reviews executive club beautiful hotel royal spa executive room rickshaw restaurant steam room main restaurant five star hotel spa facilities the river tram stop the air conditioning opera house long weekend jewish quarter city break public transport
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Just returned from a short weekend in Budapest with my husband .
Corinthia hotel is definately one of the best hotels we stayed in , and highly reccomended. First of all its overall look smells of high class and luxe. We were upgraded t0 a delux room at reception. Our first night we were treated to a bottle of Champaigne for my birthday . The room was spot clean and breakfast was very nice.
The area is more or less central - about a 20 min walk to the center and 15 min. walk to West End shopping mall.
There are trams and bus stops near by and many restaurants and shops all around.
In short - could not find any fault and even might say the hotel exceeded my expecatitions by far.
Maybe would not recomend for family with children since it might be too pricey and much to0 fancy for kids to appreciate but If you are travelling solo of with a partner - this would be an ideal place both for buisness or pleasure
Enjoy!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank florael
MrJeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Dear shirael2004,

Thank you very much for being our guest at Corinthia Hotel Budapest recently.
It is nice to learn from your feedback that our central location proved to be comfortable for you and that you were thoroughly content with the service provided by the staff. Also, it is great that you found your room clean and fresh. We would be really happy if we could welcome you again here, we will always wait you with friendly welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night before the river cruise. It is not a hotel on the river front but it is within walking distance. With the best tram system, it is very convenient. The hotel looks grand and the room is clean and spacious. The service is prompt and behind their cold facade, the staffs are actually friendly and helpful. I missed the spa and contrary to what is written in the hotel information, not all guest can use the spa free. However we ate at the Caviar and Bull that is really good. I was told that the Bock bistro next to the hotel is also pretty good.

Date of stay: May 2018

Dear Wun Tong L,

Thank you so much for dedicating your valuable time to write a review of your most recent experience staying at our hotel. First of all, it makes me really happy that you had a lovely stay at our hotel and I would like to thank you for mentioning our helpful, friendly and attentive staff. Also, it is amazing that you were fulfilled with our food. We are looking forward very much to seeing and hosting you again, we hope that your visit will be as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

The Executive club is good if you go for a room above basic as you get a free breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, snacks after 6pm and complimentary basic drinks until 10pm. Very helpful and friendly staff- spa is very reminiscent of Victorian luxe, but indoors only. The public bar which is open until 1am is very expensive - £46 for 2 Gin and Tonics and 6 small veg spring rolls - it's the service charge that hits you... overall rooms clean and large with all amenities, but we had an internal window over an internal court yard which was very dingey natural light wise. Budapest was lovely though and really enjoyed our stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MrJeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Subedoo,

Please let me begin with thanking you for taking your time on writing us a feedback.
I am beyond happy to see you chose to stay in our hotel and it is lovely you had such a great time here. Many thanks to you for mentioning our amazing staff, they really deserve the appreciation. Please do not hesitate to return anytime and we will wait you with the warmest welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Our tour company booked us into this hotel for our three nights in Budapest. When you walk in the front door the lobby and reception area look very opulent. But when we walked and walked and walked to get to our room we saw the halls get dim and drabber. Our rooms did not look anything like the rooms pictured on their web site. I suspect they have the "cheap" rooms for tour groups.

The complimentary breakfast looked lavish, but it was underwhelming. Most of the staff we met were students doing internships for their training in the hospitality industry.

Very few smiles. Twice I saw bell captains with the NY Times on their desk as I passed by. Later when I asked for a copy I was told they do not have newspapers for the guests.

The worst part of our stay was the location. When this building was built in the 1800's I have no doubt that it was quite grand. But as the city has built up around it and it is no longer prime real estate. If you walk several blocks in either direction you pass ... burger joints, tattoo parlors, barber shops, used clothing stores, and the lovely aroma of urine.

It is a solid 30 minute brisk walk to get to the Danube. At the river there are several upscale hotels, including the amazingly beautiful Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. Besides the view of the river, these hotels are also adjacent to the restaurants and shops that people expect near their luxury hotel.

1  Thank East_Coast_Foodie

Dear East_Coast_Foodie,

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time on writing us a review.
I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with everything. Your comments are valuable for us , it will help us to improve. I really do hope that we may have the chance to welcome you back in the future at Corinthia Hotel Budapest.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights last month. I really wanted to give it a better rating but there are a few things that bugged me.

Let starts with the good things:
- The hotel lobby is very grand, elegant.
- The room is spacious & clean.
- The swimming pool, sauna & spa are very nice.
- Many varieties for breakfast
- Good location

Not as good:
- The design of the room. We have to put the kettle on the floor to use it as no other sockets and the wire is too short.
- There was a day where the room was not cleaned until after 4 pm where we had to chase down the lady to clean the room but she was very apologetic.
- We had to wait for an hour to check in eventhough we wanted to check-in an hour after the official check-in time. However they did get us to wait at their lounge with some drinks & food.

Bad:
- There was a really rude waitress in the breakfast room. We asked 4 times for coffee and she still pretty much ignored us. When we tried to seek for her attention, she pretty much said "what do you want", rude!

There are a lot of things to like about this hotel but just a few things which should never happen in a luxurious 5 star hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Vincy C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments in the TripAdvisor website. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had to encounter. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with the accommodation and I am extremely glad that we could provide excellent breakfast too.

Please let me thank you once again for your feedback. I hope you will return soon again.

All the best,