8,079 results
All reviewsexecutive clubroyal spabeautiful hotelexecutive roomrickshaw restaurantsteam roommain restaurantfive star hotelspa facilitiesthe rivertram stopthe air conditioningopera houselong weekendjewish quartercity breakpublic transport
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Great city.... Great location. Great Breakfast. Hotel is Okay.

Be sure to request an outside room in shoulder season. That way you can get some fresh air and control your own room comfort. They can't seem to get the temperature right in the courtyard rooms.

Had an inside room - stuffy-hot and no way to have room control override the master setting. Took 1 1/2 hours to finally get them to give us an outside room.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Previous reviews convinced me to book this hotel and I was not disappointed. It is a beautiful hotel in an ideal location. The pool was amazing and an excellent facility to have in a city hotel. The ambience as you enter says it all! The staff were friendly and helpful.
I would advise anyone going to ring up before hand and book the 'Bock' restaurant as it was full when we arrived but fortuantely,on our last night, the hotel invited us to a musical evening with a 4 course meal and wines ( plenty of them - sparkilng, white, red and desert!) for only £39 per head - superb value, really enjoyable and not too high brow!
I wouldn't recommend the 'Sack in a cat' Hungarian restaurant - a toat rip- off with little atmosphere, but we found a very interesting bar on Keraly Utca called Mignon which was excellent. The food was beautifully presented, tasty and good value with a good atmosphere.
Another tip for transport to the hotel is to visit the Budapest visitors website- very reasonable and reliable - you pay in the driver in Euros.
Budapest is certainly worth a visit and at the moment very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnnaPreston
Reviewed November 3, 2009

The Corinthia is an extraordinary hotel. It is located right in the center on Budapest, and just a block from the metro. The tram stops at the front door. The hotel is beautiful, lavish, and immaculate. The rooms are huge by European standards, and very comfortable. Many open into an indoor space, and it would be nice to request a room with an outside view. The basement spa is very well done, with a pool, whirlpools, and steam and sauna. I was able to get a reasonable rate for our room through Hotels.com. I would not suggest you include breakfast with your room, as it cost an additional US $70 a day! Instead, go the corner grocery and get some bread, danish, and juice, and eat in your room for a few dollars a day. The hotel has complicmentary coffee in the AM.
I cannot say enough good things about the staff at the hotel. They are helpful, friendly, and seem to truly care about their guests. They helped us to navigate the excellent public transportation system in Budapest. While the city feels very safe, a security guard in the metro tried to scam us, and I had him reported to the city's tourist complaint board. They took my complaint very seriously, and followed up with the scammer and offered my a sincere apology and a gift! Thanks to Zoltan and all of the staff at the concierge's desk for helping us with this issue.
This is a wonderful place to stay in Budapest. Look no further!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drdandelion
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Wonderful hotel! The service was perfect - from the front desk at check-in to the concierge (who always smiled and was helpful with our 100 questions and requests!), to the housekeeping and restaurant staff - A+! We had an executive room which was large and beautiful and definintely worth it as it gave us access to the cozy executive lounge area with snacks and drinks, couches, and computers. We also choose a room rate which included breakfast from Expedia which was also worth every penny. The spa (open to all guests) is gorgeous - we swam each evening after dinner and enjoyed the jacuzzi and steam room as well as a massage. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again if ever in Budapest.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I liked the Hotel very much, very stylish in every way and the rooms are great too.
You can have a wonderful time there.
The Spa is very nice too, but not that big and nothing special. It's hard to get a "bed" for resting, the just have 14 for so many Hotel guests.
About the Coffee house, wonderful, but the staff is "sleeping". The Chinese Restaurant/Sushi Bar is very good, but I think you will find the same quality in other areas in Budapest too and not that expensive, ok its a 5 star Hotel.
All in all a great hotel, but next time I will try another one with a better spa.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends