“Truly made our holiday! Perfect if you want to be pampered.”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked the Corinthia Royal Residence for a three day party and we loved it so much we decided to spend 16 more days in the Hotel. The facilities are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The service is superb! The staff is amazing! You ask for something small and they go beyond your expectations to please you. We are a retired couple, we love to travel and we always aim to stay somewhere real nice. We also had our 19 year old grand daughter with us and because she is such a wonderful girl, we like to pamper her. The Corinthia Hotel was the perfect place for us.
We loved the spa, the entertainment at the Orfium Club and the Bistro next door. I highly recommend it to anyone for business or pleasure. We will be back on our next visit to Budapest.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Royal Residences. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Kindest regards,
Thomas M Fischer

Write a ReviewReviews (7,450)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

A grand hotel ideally situated for public transport.
The pool and spa are brilliant also well equipped gym.
We had a free room upgrade which was great the room was elegant and had very high quality finishes .The room overlooked the atrium to the centre of the hotel ,quiet ,clean .
The breakfast was exellent champagne ,smoked salmon and all the other lovely things that was on offer.fine dining restaurants were on offer all very good .
Staff were very professional and very helpful .
When I go back to budapest I will book this hotel again I got a great deal and it made our lovely weekend complete .
You carnt go wrong here brilliant .

Room Tip: Politely ask for a good room the staff were very accommodating .
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with our staff. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast, which can be reserved in advance on corinthia.com/budapest.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Very truly yours,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Wonderful hotel, service was excellent, staff very helpful. Spa was beautiful, with easy elevator access, basically what you see in the pictures you get. Only a 5min walk from the hop-on hop-off bus stops which was handy.
Only thing i will say is the breakfast is not worth €29 per person, there is a good variety there but not enough to merit that money. Apart from that the hotel is near perfect.

Room Tip: Pop next store to the hotel brasserie for breakfast, its a lot cheaper!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I appreciate you mentioning our Royal Spa, a wonderful feature of our hotel, as well as our convenient location, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel has a great staircase if one is a bride. It is beautiful. Our room was nice. We were close to tourist sites. The buffet is expensive if you eat breakfast. There are resturants on the sitght-see route if you want a continental breakfast without spending $38 per/person. I personally brought my own instant Starbuck's coffee with with me for my eye-opener caffeine.

The hotel is well located to historic sites. I tend to walk a lot. However my husband who avoids waking like the plague, wished we had bought the on-off stops tickets for touring. This is available for people who want to see Budapest without walking. Perfect for my husband. We did not use the hotel restaurants. The sleeping rooms rooms were nice. The concierge staff was lovely as were the bell staff. Would I stay there again, absolutely. In fact, I want to return Hungary. There is too much to see in one week. The Corinthia is a perfect hotel.

Room Tip: Want to stay before you get to the breezeway. The hotel must miles long. We ended up staying in a ro...
1  Thank Jogtheworld

Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I was glad that you were impressed by the service provided by our staff. We would be honored to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great location! Walkable distance to everything! Breathtaking stairs and entrance. We enjoyed the outdoor patio on the 4th floor, a tad pricey but nice for 1 or 2 beer. The room is spacious with a full tub and shower. We enjoyed a king size bed and it was our favourite part! It is incredible. Struggled to get out of bed every morning. Great concierge service. Definitely recommend walking to the bathhouse, and ruin pubs. Great pubs, and eats near by as well. Great hotel! 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: King size bed is a must!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for highlighting the World Cup Sky Terrace, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kind regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was like an old movie, when I got to the hotel. Immediately was the doormen and piccolos as help with luggage. The reception was friendly and fast. The staffs men was dressed in suits and ties.

The room was spacious, clean and bright, the bathroom nice. The only thing that could have been better, was the suspension of the bed. The bed was too soft for me, I like the harder one.

We found everything from the mini bar. The matter was bluffing in the bottles on the table, I thought that they are included in the price. But they were mini-bar products.

Spa was clean and beautiful. There was Turkishness feel in the air. Jacuzzis bubbles were awesome. There was three saunas, steam room was ok, but the saunas with heater was too hot. 90℃ is too much, 60-70 ℃ would be enough. And in heater should be more stones. The ice bowl was new thing to me. Slendid idea. The place was peaceful, only few people was there with us.

The breakfast was terribly expensive. But it was really good with sparkling wine and hundreds of different foods. My fafourite was catfish with mustrad sauce, home made apricot yogurt and Hungarian paprika ragout. The waiters brought the coffee and tea, and sometimes filled wine glasses.

We ate supper once in the hotel restaurant. We waited an awful long time our food, and it was not even good. Dessert was really bad, there were two shoe pieces swimming in a lime sauce. Don´t ever take that one!

I liked this hotel, I could come here back.

Room Tip: We have room number 4314, it was quite peaceful. From the window he saw the hotel's restaurant...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am so pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and took advantage of our wonderful spa to refresh after your exciting adventures in the city. Thank you for the useful comments, so we can improve our services. We would be honored to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very close to ruin bars, public transport and most sights on interest.
Hotel was huge with SPA facilities on site. Gym had very little equipment and was rather small.
Rooms were clean/tidy and staff helpful. Would return.

Room Tip: Booked with Mr an Mrs Smith and had been provided with a free bottle of Hungarian wine in the room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

First of all I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest Destination section. Thank you for your kind words. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon. Yours faithfully,