“The Absolute Best”

Ranked #20 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Jerusalem, Israel
“The Absolute Best”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

The absolute best hotel I have ever stayed at. The location is great near Octogon. A short walk from Andrassi street (utca) The building is a restored turn of the previous century Palace. The spa and pool is gorgeous. The best of all is the service, unmatched anywhere.
Food and wine exceptional. Get executive room with finest lounge with fresh soups, duck salads, wines, cheeses deserts all day.
I lost goggles at the pool and they returned them.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities, which together with our new Espa services some additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest wellness section. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Best regards,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,108)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

For a five-star hotel we expected much more. Service is just ok. It is not a quiet hotel which for us is a big issue. We could hear tv and people talking in the room next door. The maid also wouldn't stop slamming doors while cleaning close rooms. In 10 minutes she slammed the doors approx 15 times. The do not disturb tag only served for her not to enter the room. On our third night there we stepped out of the room in our pijamas to request some silence. Also the room is dated, the bathroom walls were stained and the shower could not keep the water hot for more than five minutes. Freezing water would come from time to time and we needed to vê prepares to step out. There are some good points dor the hotel such as the restaurants, free wi-fi and spa and a nice coffee shop but in my next trip to Budapest I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank FESG
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time and thought to share your opinion on TripAdvisor. It was disappointing to learn that the standard of the room you received did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I am also extremely sorry that your stay in our hotel was not to your full satisfaction and that you obviously were unable to experience the first class and friendly service Corinthia Hotel Budapest is renowned for. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disturbance caused by one of our Housekeeping team members. I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed with the team and expected service behaviour has been reinforced. I do hope that you will look upon this glitch in service as a one-off and not indicative of the high standards of customer care we strive to provide at all times.
On the other hand, I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our restaurants, the complimentary wi-fi service and the facilities of our majestic Royal Spa.
I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future.
Kind regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed here at the end of March for my 40th.

The hotel is absolutely stunning, its immaculate, the staff are amazing and couldn't be nicer or more willing to help even with simple things like directions or where to get the travel tickets etc.

Got ourselves a car from the Airport to the hotel, and the driver gave us some great tips on where to go outside of the accepted "tourist books" type areas

The restaurant and the breakfast are a touch on the expensive side, but it is a 5 star so expected, and you really cant fault the quality, portions, choice or service

Location wise its fine, its not "central" as such, but theres a tram stop outside and its a 5 minute walk underground. Cant fault the location like others - its a city centre hotel, so I dont mind if there are businesses or shops nearby !

I actually cant find anything bad to say about it - If I return to Budapest (which I probably will as didnt see everything I wanted to see !) then I dont think I would stay anywhere else !

Room Tip: Have the breakfast at least once !! Use the gym / pool / sauna - ideal after a day walking
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grant C
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your recent stay. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. Thank you for pmentioning our hotels, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and i thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Physically beautiful, outstanding service, fantastic spa and pool, and a great breakfast buffet that starts your day off perfectly, all contributed to a wonderful time in Budapest. The Corinthia is perfectly situated as well. We highly enjoyed our time,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. Thank you for highlighting our location and the Royal Spa, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest in Wellness section. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Cordially,
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel, and, overall, it was a pleasant experience.

What I loved most is that the dining rooms are indoors, but because of the large walls of light, they feel like they are outdoors.

The room was comfortable, with two twin beds (which was a bit of a disappointment). I think this also made the room a little small, so when you put in two large suitcases, and opened the ironing board, it was hard to manoeuvre around (but I think we received the smallest room). Also, the interior decorations and high-end design of the room and bathroom are lovely. The bathroom has both a shower and a bath, for those who want to choose.

In terms of location, it is about a 20-25 minute walk to parliament and the Danube River, but the hotel is close to many little restaurants.

All our meals were served at the hotel, and I'm not sure if we received the standard food, or if the food was set by the company's budget, but overall it was a bit disappointing. You had to arrive early otherwise there would be no food and we were required to eat leftovers (i.e., no salads, just diced celery and carrot...). Also, the taste of the food was okay, but not good.

The hotel is also much bigger than it looks from the outside because it is relatively narrow, but built very long. It was great for our company's conference because it had a large hall where over 600 people were able to fit, and it also had smaller sized room to accommodate different sized groups.

Lastly, the front desk service was very helpful and friendly during checkout, especially in accommodating final requests and helping find lost items. The kitchen staff was also great in always being around to help pour water, wine, or coffee (even special orders) both during mealtimes and throughout the event.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience here. Thank you for pointing out our conference facilities. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Kind regards,
Katonah, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The Corinthia in Budapest is stunning and well situated near Andrassy and shopping. The service was fantastic and quick and the food was excellent as well. We had some issues with water temperature in the shower but other than that, great service, great ambiance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our Hotel. I am so glad that you were fascinated by the facilities of our beautiful building. Thank you for the useful comments about the shower, so we can improve our services. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon. Kindest regards,