“Beautiful old-world classic hotel”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #19 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Stockholm, Sweden
“Beautiful old-world classic hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Such an elegant grand beautiful building. Staff are super friendly and attentive. Worth paying extra for an executive room as the complimentary canapés and drinks are great! Breakfast is good. Just fell in love with the building, decor and grand lobby. Don't recommend the rooms at the front of the building as the street is very noisy.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KerryBravo
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for highlighting the Executive club, from its services more information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Kind regards,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,087)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Spent 5 days in the Corinthia apartments with my husband and 2 children. Everything about this experience was wonderful. The apartment was spacious and very nicely decorated. The cleaning staff were first class. The lovely lady concierge (who we challenged for entertaining things to do at least twice a day) was always good humoured and helpful even teaching our girls some Hungarian. The breakfast is the best I have ever had. Loved the daily specials and the friendliness and helpfulness of the restaurant staff. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The chocolate / cake cafe was a favourite treat as were deserts from the bar menu. All in all it was a wonderful experience. I cannot recommend the Corinthia highly enough. If you are thinking about it I'd go ahead and book. We look forward to staying in one of their other hotels in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to note that your stay was great here. I will pass your kind comments to our Concierge. Thank you for pointing out ourRoyal Residences facilities, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Yours faithfully,
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had a great stay at the Beautiful Corinthia Budapest - surely the nicest Corinthia hotel I've stayed in. Lovely rooms and an impressive building in itself. 5 star service and excellent location. My only slight complaint was that the room was a tad too warm for my liking in the evenings and I couldn't seem to cool it down with the air conditioning. All in all, highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am glad to note that your stay was great here. I noted that some of our services did not exceed your expectations. Thank you for the useful comments, so we can improve our services. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Best regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is the most beautiful and luxurious hotel I have ever stayed in. Staff very attentive and helpful without being obsequious. Facilities very well appointed. We had a random upgrade to a corner suite which was amazing. Absolutely nothing to complain about. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: higher floors have slightly less traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our Deluxe Suite facilities, from wchich more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest in Rooms and Suites section. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Very truly yours,
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. It is beautiful, clean and opulent. The staff are helpful, polite and all speak English to a very high standard. The facilities are brilliant. The Royal Spa is incredible with a lovely swimming pool, jacuzzies of different temperatures, sauna and a variety of treatments. The restaurants and bars are top notch and they dealt with food allergies very well. It's definitely worth upgrading to the executive rooms as the benefits of the executive club are well worth having - free drinks, lovely snacks and patisserie and tranquil surroundings. Expect to pay London type prices but it's worth every penny.

Room Tip: Get the best deal you can then upgrade when you get there. The hotel is on a busy road with tram li...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am so glad that you were fascinated by the facilities of our beautiful building. Thank you for highlighting our restaurants, from which additional information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kindest regards,
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just returned from a 3 day City break at the Corinthia Hotel in Budapest and could not recommend it more highly. An exceptionally grand entrance and foyer with attentive staff greet you on arrival and the room and spa facilities were equally impressive after check in. Ideally positioned to view the many highlights of Budapest we would not hesitate to recommend or revisit in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. I’m very pleased that you pointed out our location that we are very close to the most important touristic attractions. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards,
Crawley
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I first stayed at this hotel in March 2012 and was impressed by the facilities; staff and value for money ... So much so that I vowed to return (something I never do as there is so much of the world still to see and I'm getting old!)

My return visit was even better, knowing that the hotel would store luggage between check-out and leaving the city, I thought I'd take a chance that they'd be as accommodating when checking in at 0800 in the morning. Not only was that not a problem but the fantastic receptionist asked if we'd had breakfast yet, took us up to the executive lounge for breakfast and arranged with the executive receptionist (also excellent), an early check-in for us.

We were then told that we had unlimited use of the facilities including food and drink. All facilities were explained including the spa. I was given a city map with hotel location and locations of sites I might wish to visit which could be arranged for me by the hotel should i wish.

We breakfasted in the main building as the range is extensive and includes chef service for egg-based dishes.

After mooching around the city (spas!) we either availed ourselves of the executive cocktail hour or afternoon tea depending on whether we'd be visiting the hotel spa or not.

At the end of our stay, the hotel stored our luggage until our late departure. There had been a minor issue with the room A/C that we reported which was dealt with efficiently and immediately.

I can honestly say, I have stayed in hotels both in the U.K. and overseas that have the facilities of the Corinthia, but I have never received the combination of luxury, attention and friendliness that this hotel offers.

I am not surprised that this hotel is winning awards, For my next trips, I am considering other locations where the Corinthia manages hotels as it is going to be very hard for anywhere to live up to the standard that's been set.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank consuela_67
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for your continuous loyalty to us. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Kindest regards,