“wonderful staff, great location and some history too!”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Visited the city and the hotel for a company meeting. The rooms are lovely and quite large. don't be put off by an inward facing option, they are apparently quieter, that seems accurate to me in practice. the pool is spectacular, go and look at it even if you don't swim. The indoor gym not so great (2 treadmills, 3 bikes, 2 elliptically and a few weights). I was with a group of jet lagged Americans all wanting to use the treadmill at the same time......
Good bars, great breakfast options and plenty of space for just sitting and chatting etc.
I suspect they host a lot of company meetings, conferences etc so it might not be perfect if you get stuck with a group of wacky sales dudes on their annual meeting.
The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the river through the down town shopping district, past many museum, churches and the opera. The metro is close too and easy to use.
Apparently the the hotel was once owned by col. Gadaffi!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank woodees
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I would like to highlight that many interesting information is available on Corinthia.com/Budapest about the hotel's history and background. I would like mention that the hotel had Hungarian owners during the ages since 1896 and from 2002 the Maltese Corinthia group is operating the property. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

From the moment we arrived on the 1st February 2014 we were so glad to have booked the Corinthia. The reception areas are stunning and the staff throughout our four night stay were always attentive, polite and very helpful. We were upgraded to a deluxe king which was lovely and stylish and we were very comfortable with plenty of room. Spa facilities are great and we used them a couple of times the only thing I regret is not having had the time to also book myself a massage. We had booked bed and breakfast and we were so glad because the breakfasts did not disappoint there was nothing that you could not have we were spoilt for choice. We also had dinner in the brassiere one night and it was delicious and the presentation was stunning. All in all we could not fault our stay here and our whole trip to Budapest was wonderful everywhere was full of very friendly people with some brilliant sights to see nice bars and restaurants all very good value and we will definitely return and thank you for the behind the scenes tour of the hotel from Tibor Meskal senior duty manager who was very knowledgable and informative.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Angela C

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. I will pass your kind comments to Mr Meskal. There is also additional information about the hotel's histroy and the 'Behind the scenes tour' on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Cordially,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My boyfriend booked this trip as a present for Christmas and to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed from Thursday 23rd - Sun 26th Jan 2014.
As it was our anniversary, the hotel gave us a complimentary room upgrade and furthermore, once we had checked in, a porter bought a complimentary bottle of champagne to our room with a lovely plate of strawberries which mad e alovely start to our weekend.
The rooms were a good size and the bathrooms were really nice and big.
The spa was nice and relaxing, although the pool was cold and the jacuzzi's werent as hot as I would have liked.
The breakfast was amazing with so much trust and so much choice.
We would def recommend this hotel and the customer service was excellent. Special thank you to Monica and Thomas who made our trip that extra bit special!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am happy to read that you have an excellent anniversary here. Thank you for your kind words. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Best regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Beautiful hotel very well managed. All the staff were extremely helpful, polite and professional. Fantastic room with very comfy bed. There was plenty of choice at breakfast with as much coffee as you can drink. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am glad to note that your stay was great here. Thank you for your recommendation and highlighting our breakfast selection. There are some more information about restaurants and dining faiclities on Corinthia.com/Budapest website. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Very truly yours,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is very beautiful and stylish, the room was perfect. We took a "deluxe room", and received one on the 3-d floor. The staff was polite and helpful.
The room had everything we needed and more, fully equipped bath and a shower, WiFi and cable network, digital TV, and a complimentary coffee and tea set. The booking was for the room only, the breakfast was for 22 euro per person per night, so we gave it up and had the breakfast in the room - sandwiches and coffee. There is also a Starbucks located fifty meters from the main entrance.
The spa is really fantastic - clean, large, quiet, with everything you need to relax and enjoy. We were there almost every day.
The location is also very good - just in the middle, you can get anywhere by foot or by tram within half an hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Kind regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Although we only stayed here one night, we really enjoyed the hotel. It was an elegant and charming turn-of-the-century style, but with modern updates and with a vibrant feel. It is clean, has had some modern updates, and the staff was great. Although there was a little bit of a line at check-in, they were very efficient and very welcoming and polite. They had a nice bar and restaurant, both of which had good food and service. We would definitely stay here the next time we are in Budapest and thought the hotel was a great value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. Thank you for highlighting our bar and restaurants, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was beautiful but I wasn't happy at all with services I have got received plus customer service was very poor.
Duty Manager ( Tibor Meskal) unfortunately didn't know the basic of customer service skills. He was rude and unprofessional.
You charge for 300ml bottle of water almost £5 without any refilling receipt in your room. Bottle of water are far from mini bar on bedroom's table.
When I noticed for charging these bottles of water after 3 nights I askedt Duty Manager ( Tibor ) why house keeper didn't leave any refilling receipt while left new bottle he said this is childish process and you know how many consumables you have used!! And this is not our Hotel policies!
I asked him can you show me your hotel's policy and he said when you paid I will send it to your email.
Of course I paid for these bottles of water but he never send me anything.
I have to mention also house keeper didn't clean my room properly daily base as my towels didn't change for 3 days! Also I have took some photos as evidence that show room is not clean at all.
Definitely I will not go there again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kam135

Thank you for your comments sent via Tripadvisor, concerning your stay at our Hotel. Your comments are valuable for us and highlight the areas where we need to focus on in order to gain an excellent guest experience. I have since had an opportunity to review your concerns with the management team at the hotel.

I would like to highlight that all the beverage items beside and inside the minibar are subject to charge and the price list is placed right next to them. Our guests can find the daily statement of their account on the guest room's TV screen or at the reception desk as a print out.

I was also disappointed to read your comments regarding our staff member’s attitude in handling your concerns. I can reassure you that the gentleman you conversed with has been with us for over a decade, without any negative comment from any customer, on the contrary, he has been praised on numerous occasions. I am sorry to learn that we could however not please you on this occasion.

I hope despite of this we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia Budapest and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Kindest regards,