“Lovely staff”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. Since it was winter, heater was on. They did have big windows but since all deluxe rooms face to the atrium which is a closed area. We both felt a bit warm the first night. Hence we called the operator and they did help fix the problem... Sweet dream on the first night.

We encountered the same problem on the 2nd night. Though we were at the 5th floor (highest), we couldn't tolerate the heating system... We called at around 1am, the operator replied they would do something. I understood it might take at least 30 mins to let the cold air flow in... However, the situation was not improved till 3am. I called again and i realised that they had not done anything. You might think that I had thousands of reasons to get mad. But the staff proactively looked for solutions, say give me one more room that night so that I could sleep, and they would get their maintenance staff to solve the problem. Though it was not an good experience to have two rooms, but we did need to sleep. We accepted the offer.

The third night, everything fixed and we had good sleep.

Talking the hotel itself - beautiful, classic, well located, fair priced, helpful staff. Strongly recommend to travelers who want deluxe but fair priced accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for your useful comments about the heating system we will look after the solution. Thank you for your recommendation and mentioning our location, from which additional information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Very truly yours,

There are newer reviews for Corinthia Hotel Budapest

Reviewed January 19, 2014

not breathtaking, but a good quality, like driving a Mercedes E-Class. Well trained staff, polite and caring. You will feel well here. Location is quite central. Rooms are immaculate but a bit old fashioned.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ulibear
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with our staff. I’m very pleased that you pointed out our location that we are very close to the most important touristic attractions and some more detailed information and tips can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for the weekend and it was amazing. The spa is opened till late so you can relax after you have enjoyed the city. The room is very clean and the staff are very polite. The location is also perfect, everything is reachable within 20 main walk.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am very glad that you emphasized our services provided by our staff. Thank you for highlighting the Royal Spa, from which additional features can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Best regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed in the Corinthia Hotel in 2010 just a couple of weeks after returning from a deployment in Iraq. I had done A LOT of research while I was deployed on where to stay in Budapest before finally settling on the Corinthia. I must say the customer service is incredible here. We were upgraded a room class which was also a fantastic surprise. You will not be disappointed if you stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chanel832

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience here. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Best regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed in Jan 2014. I have never wrote a review, but its about time I did. I have been coming to the Corinthia hotel since 2007 and since I have had my two children who are 4 and 1 years old, I have been coming Corinthia hotel twice a year. It has to be the best hotel in the Europe. Fantastic and very relaxing and enjoyable.

The hotel staff are excellent from the Management and right down to the cleaner, friendly, polite and extremely efficient with everything. A fantastic team.

The breakfast is excellent, you have so much variety to choose from. In the morning you have options for breakfast, you can go to the Main restaurant or you can have a breakfast at the executive lounge . where ever you go you will enjoy your breakfast.

They have two excellent restaurants and two bars. Then they have the executive lounge were you have complementary beverages.

The spa and pool area are exceptional..

Very hard to fault the hotel. It is only a 30 minutes ride on a taxi from the airport to the hotel.
The tram runs past the door and the metro is a 2 minute walk away. The river and the chain bridge are within walking distance or 3 stops on the Metro.

Overall very satisfied, excellent holidays for couples and especially for family's.
Once you visit this hotel, I guarantee that you will return.

Room Tip: All rooms at the Corinthia are at a very high standard. Executive rooms gives you more benefits.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank u_akhtar

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. Thank you for your continuous loyalty to us. Thank you for pointing out our restaurant facilities, from which more tips can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Very truly yours,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel to be excellent. Other hotels may be in a slightly better location (on the Danube) but this wasn't a problem as we enjoyed walking around the city and taxi's were reasonably priced. The twin room was large, extremely clean and very well decorated. The bathroom was modern and the shower was fantastic. The facilities (gym, sauna and steam room) couldn't have been any better. We were slightly disappointed that the swimming pool and jacuzzi were closed for maintenance and that this wasn't mentioned on booking or at check in. However, we were offered complimentary breakfast for each of the three days and the selection and quality was faultless. All staff were very attentive and helpful and answered all questions we had. I think this hotel is exceptional value and can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I highly appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for highlighting our rooms and facilities, from which addtional information ca nbe found on corinthia.com/budapest. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed for four nights over Christmas 2013 arriving by train from Zagreb. Unsure about whether to use the notorious taxis in Budapest, we called up the hotel who arranged a car to meet us at the station with a very courteous driver. The hotel is a beautiful and grand building, in a central location but conveniently away from the busy tourist areas. Bedroom, bathroom are clean, comfortable and spacious. Highly recommend bringing your bathers along and dipping into the Hungarian private bath, sauna & steam room - quite relaxing after a long day sightseeing. The Chess restaurant nearby was delicious and well worth a dinner. Had a great time at the dance/music bar - great jazz band and plenty of keen dancers on the dance floor. Finally, we were impressed by the giant gingerbread house in the lobby - nice Christmas touch!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roshy10
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience here. Thank you for highlighting our location, from which useful information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest at Destination section. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kindest regards,