“what a hotel”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed November 21, 2013

When we checked in we were given a upgrade to a three bedroom room in the building adjacent to the main hotel this was a lovely room. The main hotel was stunning. The breakfast was very nice lots of choice really liked the omelettes. If we had any issues the drinks are a little pricey in the bar. The hotel is in a good location trams just outside the door or a short walk to the metro where you can take the underground to the river one way or the zoo the other. We would recommend this hotel well worth a visit. Thank you very much for making our break so enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Phil T
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast selection, from what more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Dinings and Bars section. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Very truly yours,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you want some luxury and good service, this is what you need for. 'Normal' rooms was quite spacious and nice decorated. Our window was in Atrium side and room was very quiet.

Spa area was lovely. There are two jacuzzis and one pool, two normal saunas and one steam version. It was really relaxing place.

I recommend the breakfast. There are almost everything and little more what you need. Waiters will bring you coffee or tea to the table and also you can have a glass of sparkling wine.

We visited in Bock Bistro which is a restaurant in the hotel. Food was really delicious and the wine list are really long. Bock Bistro is very popular so you should make a table reserve. Great value for money!

In this hotel you will not be disappointed! Highly recommended for every kind of travelers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank H0se
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience here. Thank you for your kind words and highlighting the restaurant and breakfast selection. I would like to mention that beside of the breakfast different kind of room amenitites can be reserved in advance on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I visited the hotel to celebrate our fifth anniversary. Having confirmed this to the concierge prior to arriving we were both really pleased to be given a complimentary room upgrade and be greeted with a bottle of sparkling wine and strawberries in our room.

The room itself was comfortable, clean and offering a lot of space.

The hotel itself a grand building and a trip to higher floors is recommended to take in the full view of the two stunning atriums.

We had free access to the spa which is well worth visiting, spa treatments cost extra.

The hotel has a number of restaurants, having tried Bock Bistro and Café Rickshaw I can only recommend the former. The food at Rickshaw was only average whereas Bock Bistro was outstanding.

The main sites are no more than a 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel- both the main outdoor Spa (Heroes Square) and the River can be reached in this time.

I highly recommend the hotel for the quality of rooms, service from the staff and access to the main tourist sites.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you have an excellent wedding anniversary here. Thank you for highlighting our restaurants, from about more highlights can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest website. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kind regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just spent 3 night at this fantastic luxury hotel (Nov 15-18th 2013).
Hotel lived up to our expectations.
Staff very attentive but not intrusive.

All tourist attractions within easy reach via Bus/Tram/Metro.
Recommend "Shoes on the Danube" and Castle Hill.

Restaurants plentiful and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for pointing out our location, from you may find additional information on Corinthia.com/Budapest's Destination section. Very truly yours,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We booked The Corinthia for our birthday and anniversary treat. It more than lived up to our expectations. We were delighted to be upgraded to an Executive Room which was spacious and very comfortable. Everything about the hotel was perfect. The staff were charming and immaculate. The breakfast buffet offered a fantastic choice. The spa was luxurious. The hotel is in an excellent location for exploring the city. I would go back for a short break and happily not leave the building!

Room Tip: Executive rooms are spacious. Upgrade to the executive package for use of the executive lounge
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I am glad to read that you had a really great and memorable stay and birthday celebration with us. I appreciate your mentioning about the attentive service provided by our staff. Thank you for pointing out our location, from you may find out more information on Corinthia.com/Budapest's Destination section. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Best regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Honestly, if you looking for the best example of a 5 star hotel, this is the place you need to book. Budapest anyway cheaper then other european cities, additionaly we got a suberb deal through their facebook site. 80€ for two incl amazing breakfast per night. The spa is lovely - use it during the morning and nobody will disturb you and you can be alone with your love:-). Good recommendation of the concierge guy, especially the black and white restaurant nearby- forgot the name. I really looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. Thank you for mentioning our Facebook page and booking facilities, but in the same time I would like to encourage our kind readers to visit frequently the Corinthia.com/Budapest as well as we continuously publishing advantageous packages offers. Thank you for your recommendation. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The experience in this hotel was overall good - until the day of my departure.
I left my suitcase at the reception to be looked after for a few hours and got a receipt for it. When I later arrived at home, I realised that someone had opened my bag and taken all the cash that was inside.

I just wish this five-star hotel screened their staff a bit better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank An K

Thank you for your comments via email and on TripAdvisor.

I was sorry to learn that you’re stating, that whilst you and your partner were checking out at the hotel, some money went missing from your luggage, which was kept in our storage.

I can certainly understand the distress this must have caused. You stated in your mail, that this is the Hotel responsibility and thats the only place where your money could disappear.

After your mail, CCTV evidences been checked about your luggage. As per those evidences, nobody touched your luggage in the storage.

As you know, in room safe facilities available in all our rooms and safe deposit boxes are available by the reception desk, where our guests can leave any valuables, during the check out and departures. This service is free of charge.

To be on the safe side, we revisited your room once again but unfortunately we did not find the missing money.

In case you would like to announce an official complaint to the Police please kindly contact your local Police department who will get in touch with the Hungarian authorities. We are pleased to provide the described evidences during the investigation.

I can only suggest, that you should contact to the airport security as well or probably you have had other places during your travel where the money could disappear.

We are sorry for the srtessful time you went through and in the name of the management I hope that in the meantime you have find your lost money.

Sincerely yours,