“Outstanding Hotel”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We booked this hotel for my 30th Birthday trip to Budapest, and I can honestly say this is the best hotel ive stayed in, the building is a piece off art, inside and out, the rooms are to a very high standard, the hotel offers all the 5 star perks aswell as a spa which is awesome, room service is available 24 hour and aint too pricey, the staff are very professional. The hotel is ideally situated near to everything and is very close to local underground station at the Octogon station, we stayed in March and it snowed when we stayed, we found it very cosy, the rooms are well fitted out and have pay per view films, value for money wise, this place is unreal, a hotel off this kind in NYC or London would cost over 5 times the amount, if your a couple planning a trip to Budapest, then look no further, this place is a gem, I would love to try some off the other Corinthia Hotels, enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark_R_1983
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. Thank you for your kind words. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Yours faithfully,

There are newer reviews for Corinthia Hotel Budapest

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I almost stayed at the Four Seasons and in hindsight wish I had. I am having a different experience from the other recent reviewers. The building is indeed historic and has interesting features. I have not found the staff very friendly or particularly efficient. At the airport the hotel car driver was not in the arrivals hall as arranged, fortunately he appeared after a while. On arrival the doorman and bellhop must have been on a break. The bar staff were indifferent and the bar food mediocre. The room was OK although the carpet needs cleaning.
The spa is very good, an excellent selection of treatments with helpful and friendly staff. The hotel is not in the greatest location although, to be fair, that is reflected in the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sagittarius_7

Thank you for your comments sent via Tripadvisor, concerning your stay at our Hotel.
I would like to sincerely apologize for the shortfall in the standard of service on this occasion.

I am very sorry to learn that your were not satisfied with our customer service during your stay. I do hope that you will look upon this breakdown in service as a one off and not indicative of the customer care we wish to provide at all times. I recognize that we work in an intensely competitive marketplace and that we can only succeed by consistently providing superior service.

Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention as guest feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent five nights at the Corinthia in September. We booked an Executive room but after the first night we ended up in a Junior Suite due to problems I raised to the reception.

The rooms are very nice, simple but elegant. Our first room (2208) was facing the atrium. They often have a live band playing there in the evenings (until about midnight). Unfortunately it was quite noisy for us in the room even with ear plugs. I reported this to the reception the next morning and we were moved to a quiet location at the back of the hotel (room 5330).

The breakfast was really fantastic. We've stayed at other five star hotels before but Corinthia is definitely the winner with the wide selection of food on offer.

The Royal Spa is breathtaking and feels really private as it never gets too busy. The jacuzzi and the pool are to die for. The spa staff is very friendly and smiley.

We might have been unlucky but we had a couple of problems during our stay. However most of the staff were always very accommodating, polite and efficient handling the issues. I dealt with Nikoletta on several occasions both in person and by email. She was very professional and always got back to me with a solution promptly. After my stay I wrote an email to the hotel management and I got a very long and detailed reply from Szabolcs, which was greatly appreciated.

Next time we visit Budapest we are planning to stay at the Corinthia again and this time we hope everything will be perfect!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robbie1984

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I appreciate your mentioning about the attentive service provided by our staff. I will pass your kind comments to Nikoletta. Best regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I just stayed at the Corinthia for 4 nights in celebration of our birthdays. It was an amazing hotel. The staff was very accomodating, they even assisted with mailing packages to the USA for me so I did not have to find my way to the post office. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was very luxurious and clean. We had breakfast every morning in the hotel. There were so many options to choose from and the food was very good. We also ate in the Asian restaurant for dinner on our first night which was also very good. The hotel was even better than the pictures. Very elegant. Luxury all the way.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank briebw

Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was undecided between booking the Kempkenski or the Corintia but given the reputation within my company i chose the Corinthia. I had booked this trip as a surprise for my boyfriends 30th birthday, as you can appreciate as such a special occassion i wanted it to be perfect and i was nervous whether the hotel was the right choice.

Ahead of our stay i emailed to advise it was a special occassion and requested advice on things to do. I work very long hours and didnt have time to search for excursions.

As soon as i receievd a prompt response from Seila followed by recommendations from Zoltan i knew i had made the right decision in picking the Corinthia, from the moment we arrive Monika on executive desk made us feel extremely welcome.

We were lucky enough to be chosen for an upgrade and we stayed in a deluxe suite which was amazing. Having stayed in suites before i do not always see the value in them however having stayed in the Corinthias i would recommend this to anyone.

We were notably younger than some of the other guests in the executive club which in my experience can affect the service recieved however we felt extremely comfortable, were treated exceptionally well. The staff in the executive lounge were friendly and no request was a bother.

The availability of food and drink was excellent value for money. The website says snacks but with only 3 days in Buda we did not want to waste time having long lunches when there is so much to do so with a good breakfast and light snack we were able to make the most of our break, more than that the convenience was undeniably a huge benefit.

I have now convinced my boyfriend that its worth opting for a little luxury, all the small details really made our trip the best experience and i would happily recommend the Corinthia to friends, colleagues or clients.

Thank you for making our trip so amazing!

Room Tip: BOOK EXECUTIVE its amazing value for money and is very convenient. Email ahead if you are going for...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Luckydemi
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am glad to read that you had a really memorable stay and your boyfriend had a great birthday celebration with us. I will pass your kind comments to Seila, Zoltan and Monika. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Very truly yours,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here with 7 girlfriends on a city break. Location was ideal as while it was not near any particular tourist sight, it was within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel foyer has the WOW factor and the staff could not do enough to help. Tips did not seem to be expected but the Bag Boys were thrilled when we gave them a small tip as we left. We had the in house breakfast 2 days. Not cheap at 29 euros but awesome, included champagne and we did not need to eat again until dinner!. The spa is gorgeous and just where we wanted to go after a day sightseeing. We also tried the Orfeum club under the hotel which served surprisingly inexpensive cocktails and had a happy hour from 8 til midnight the night we were there.
Overall very impressed. When we returned home we discovered that our bill had been incorrectly calculated but a quick e-mail secured a refund so thanks Corinthia for your excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank schoolhouse67
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive and detailed review. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. Thank you for your kind words. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Best regards,

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stay there for three nights and great location on pest side which is more city like to the shops. We got upgraded to a beautiful large suite was a nice. The hotel is huge and full of old charm. No compliants, the staff wasnt overly nice just extreamly assertive. But enjoyed it and i would recommand it. But would add that if i knew before would of gone on the buda side for the views there are beatiful.Budapest is amazing and cant wait to go back!

1  Thank Megmac11

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I was glad that you were impressed by the service provided by our staff and you pointed out our location. Thank you for your recommendation. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Cordially,