“Wonderful Hotel”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #18 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

very hospitable, comfortable hotel.
We paid a little extra after receiving a bargain price inAugust and got Executive Club which was such a treat, delightful breakfast, tea and snacks most of the day and into the evening. Also very good room care and easily accessible to all the major attractions. We loved it!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am glad to note that your stay was great here. Thank you for highlighting the Executive Club. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Cordially,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,117)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rockville
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I reviewed the Corinthia hotel a few months ago when I visited individually in preparation for a conference that I was organizing. We now had the conference for 300 people from around the world at the Corinthia and I can report that it, in most every way, exceeded our expectations.

As reported earlier, the Corinthia is an outstanding hotel. Fine rooms, lovely restaurant, well set up with great public space, and great location. Lovely, thoughtful, efficient staff. (And do try the Bock Restaurant next door - truly exceptional Hungarian with great wines.)

I can now add that the quality of service exceeded expectations in handing a group of almost 300 people (including hotel rooms). The food at our lunches, receptions, and closing banquet was really good. We used the main ballroom for our meeting and it was perfect. And, totally lovely. Everyone was really delighted with the comfort of the meeting rooms (including the chairs). And, it was easy to show slides (required for our meeting) on a very large screen. I will say that rental of AV equipment was rather higher than in other places, but we got great service and excellent equipment (but it is much cheaper to buy your own laser pointer than rent at the excessive cost asked).

The hotel restaurant handled lunches and other meals for our group easily and quickly, and while there were small things to tweak (e.g., a serving station for pasta at one meal was in a corner and there were no signs or staff to point it out to people. coffee at breaks could have been better), everyone at the meeting thought that this was one of the best venues they had ever been at..

The only complaint I heard, over and over again, from many people (and an issue I raised when I first stayed here) was the showers in the bedrooms. They are great as showers, but the floors of the showers are VERY slippery and there are no grab bars or anything to hold on to (other than the shower door, which could be dangerous). I came close to slipping at least once, and others told me the same thing.

It would also be nice if there were more channels on the TV, but again, this is rather small.

Overall, I'd recommend the Corinthia for meetings for medium size groups. (As an aside, I also attended a related meeting in the attached exhibition center and I would never use that space - it was uncomfortable and hot and badly set up for presentations. A stark contrast to the truly outstanding ballroom for our main meeting.).

At the same time, my earlier review mentioned both the tv and shower, and a response from Thomas M Fischer, the manager, said they would look into both issues, and clearly nothing has been done.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am very glad that you emphasized our services provided by our staff. I am glad to note that you had a succesful conference here. I appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with all the readers. Thank you for the useful comments about the showers and the tv channels. We are implementing to the budget and during the next refurbishment we will correct this issues. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Yours faithfully,
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I travelled to Budapest with my girlfriend for her 21st birthday and overall we were amazed by the hotel. It was very well located, with good transport links to the rest of the city. One of the major pluses of the Corinthia was the Royal Spa, which we enjoyed every morning of our stay. The rooms were spacious, clean and extremely well furnished. Another great point to add was the restaurants in the hotel, and we only had time to visit 2 of the 3 restaurants in the hotel, but they were our best two meals of the trip. Budapest itself is great, there is lots to do and lots to see. I would recommend the Szechenyi spa up by Heroes Square and Margaret island. In terms of transport I would recommend using the underground system rather than the tour buses, as the underground will work out a lot cheaper.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris B
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I was glad that you were impressed by the service provided by our staff and you pointed out the city as well. Thank you for your kind words. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future.Very truly yours,
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My stay at the Corinthia Budapest was wonderful. The palace building is very beautiful with a magnificent central staircase. They were able to conserve the aristocracy ambience while providing all the modern amenities. Well done! The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. The restaurants are amazing, serving very delicious food. I recommend the Asian restaurant. It serves one of the best Asian food in Europe. I enjoyed very much my stay and I will definitely be back very soon. Congratulations to all the staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am very glad that you emphasized our services provided by our staff. Thank you for your recommendation. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kind regards,
Paris, France
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Excellent hotel. Clean, luxurious and fantastic staff. Have tried two of the restaurants and have not been disappointed. The pool and spa are excellent after a long day of walking and touring. Would stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Thank you for your recommendation. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Warm regards,
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at the Corinthia Hotel earlier this week and it was a very good experience. We were able to reserve the Executive King room that includes breakfast and afternoon drinks and snacks on the Executive level. It has a large bathroom and comfortable bed. If you can, definitely opt for this package as the room is very large with a sitting area and the breakfast and afternoon wine/snacks are excellent.
My only advice for the hotel is that they not recommend dinner reservations in the restaurant next door named "Bock Bistro" if guests must be seated at the outside patio. It was very loud (traffic noise) and the service was poor.
But as for the hotel itself, everything was perfect! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the inside courtyard and was nice and quiet.
Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J G
I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for the useful comments about the Bock Bistro. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Best regards,
Dubai
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very friendly and professional staff - always referred to us by name. Prompt, professional and cheerful service.

Excellent fully equipped apartments as an option. We had a fully serviced two bedroom apartment with lounge / dining area, fully equipped kitchen and two bathrooms for about 1000 Euros for 7 nights. Kitchen came with dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer, coffee machine, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils etc. Washing machine in bathroom.

Can prepare own meals and bring own drinks to the apartment which helps to control costs - particularly for breakfast (35 Euros each) and pre-dinner cocktails - but still use the hotel facilities, including the excellent Spa and Gym. 5 minute walk from a very modern supermarket. We had some room service meals in the dining area of our apartment (very efficient) and ate in 3 of the restaurants.

Restaurants were very good but pricey by local standards (but the norm for an international 5 star hotel). Bock Bistro (Hungarian Cuisine) is usually fully booked so you should book well in advance. Bock Bistro food and service was excellent but they don't serve spirits - just wine and beer. The Rickshaw and Brasserie were consistent with a 5 star hotel standard. Hungarian wines were pretty decent so ask the hotel staff to advise you if you are not familiar with them.

Concierge was very knowledgable and helpful and all the main sight seeing trips can be arranged directly with the Hotel. Tour companies picked us up from the hotel but usually dropped us in the middle of the City at the end of the day - so be prepared for a small extra journey (walk, bus or taxi).

Spa is very special, with properly trained masseurs (not the sex service type found elsewhere in the city). About 85 Euros for a 60 minute full body massage. Fair size indoor swimming pool and well equipped gym.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience here. Thank you for pointing out our spa and restaurant services. I will definately pass your kind comments to our Concierge. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Kindest regards,