“Brilliant hotel”

Ranked #18 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I have recently spent 4 nights at the Corinthia and were really pleased with everything about it. We were staying on the executive floor which gave us free access to the spa; a great bonus - we would both recommend the hot stone massage. It was lovely to be out all day and then use the pool, steam room jacuzzi etc on our return before going out to eat. The staff were all extremely pleasant and very helpful. All in all I can't fault it and would most certainly stay there again without any hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Thank you for highlighting our Royal Spa services. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Kindest regards,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,087)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a beautifully appointed hotel with very good staff. Food on the expensive side for what it was. We were warned by the waitress that the Belly Pork was 'fatty' and indeed it was. Almost a lump of fat covered in breadcrumbs. It was disgusting and should be removed from the menu. That said, the breakfast choice was excellent. The Patisserie at the side of the hotel was also very good with a nice selection of cakes - all part of the Corinthia.

Location was quite good, but I would prefer to stay near the river where the shopping centre is close and a bit more going on. Can highly recommend the Soul Restaurant where we ate the best food during our short stay.

Room Tip: Our room was fairly standard but the bathroom made up for it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for your useful comments regarding the menu we will look after the solution. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Kind regards,
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel was luxurious and the staff were helpful and kind. I stayed with my two young daughters and we enjoyed breakfast on the executive floor (we had an executive room), the room was quite large and very comfortable, the bathroom was quite nice (though the water temperature varied). The hotel actually supplies conditioner in the bathroom, which after visiting the thermal pools was a complete necessity! Our room faced one of the internal atria so it was quite quiet while we were sleeping. Even with breakfast being served outside.

The Kavehaz restaurant that is connected has an unbelievably great staff. They were absolutely fantastic and patient with my kids. We were so impressed we went twice in one day (out of two full days in Budapest). If you like dark chocolate make sure to order the hot chocolate. It's 70% cacao, so my kids weren't impressed, but I was impressed with the set up. We ended up ordering way too much food, but it was all delicious. Our server both times was Enikõ, and we liked her so much we ended up naming a Hungarian doll we bought after her.

My only complaint, and it's barely that, is that my kids weren't allowed to swim in the hotel pool. The pool is actually part of the spa, and the spa is not for children. So there was some disappointment, but we went to the thermal baths that Budapest offers instead and had a delightful time (just shower afterward. We didn't and then we fell asleep after dinner and my skin itched horribly the next day and my hair felt like straw).

This hotel is conveniently located on the 4 and 6 tram lines and they come every few minutes. There's never a long wait for one. One stop to the north is Oktogon Square which is at the corner of Andrassy Way (Budapest's Rodeo Drive) and where you can catch the yellow M1 subway line. Two stops south and you get to the red M2 subway line which can take you to the main train station. If you take the 4 or 6 north past Oktogon you get to West End mall and another train station. So all in all the location is fantastic and the public transportation is perfect. If you choose to walk it's about 20 minutes to the river, and if you go down Andrassy Way it's a delightful walk past shops and restaurants.

We would love to visit the hotel again, and are planning another visit next week to Budapest, but I fear this hotel may be booked solid for some of our days. So we may have to go to another hotel. My kids will be VERY disappointed, and we may have to stop in to Kavehaz and see Enikõ even if we don't stay at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendytthomas
Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. I will definately pass your kind comments to Enikő. I do hope that we will have the chance of handling the reservation situation and welcoming you back to our Hotel in the next week. Kindest regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Beautiful hotel and the service was faultless. The air conditioning didn't really cool the rooms very efficiently and i thought the rooms were about the average for a five star hotel so they were nice. Breakfast was a lovely setting with a very good choice. The spa is a must. The executive club i really enjoyed, the best reason was that our flight home wasn't until the evening and even though we had checked out we still had the use of the lounge so after a day of sightseeing we could relax, have a drink, use the wi-fi etc. before we got a taxi to the airport. We also had perfect weather during our stay and really enjoyed Budapest. Would stay here again, Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for highlighting our Executive Lounge. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon. Kindest regards,
Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wonderful hotel--we used credit card points to book the hotel, and then decided to upgrade to the executive club after reading some reviews. Happy we did--we not only got the executive club amenities (breakfast, snacks--which were enough to be our lunch one day and drinks), but were also upgraded to a suite--huge set of rooms that included a sitting room, bedroom, and 2 bathrooms! Hotel also remembered that the trip was a graduation/anniversary present and sent up champagne, fruit, chocolates, and a lovely note. Nice touch.

The pool at the hotel is beautiful, and the spa also great--both my husband and I indulged in a massage after our long flight from the US. Staff was wonderful, very professional (yet friendly), and all spoke english.

Several things to consider:

1. We did have a street facing room and it was a bit loud--sirens, etc. It did wake me up, but I think I would still prefer a street facing room than one with an interior view. If you are an extremely light sleeper, it might bother you.

2. The hotel has a good location, but not as central as some that are right on the river. We loved the location, as it was convenient to Andrassy Avenue, the Szechenyi Baths (a must do!), and the hop on/hop off bus that we used as our primary transportation around the city. However, if you need to be in the center of the action, you might wish you were closer to the river.

When I get back to Budapest, I would absolutely stay at the Corinthia again.

Room Tip: Executive club worth the extra money.
1 Thank GCatD
I highly appreciate your honest feedback. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for the useful comments, so we can improve our services. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Corinthia a couple of months ago for a weekend. Very much enjoyed our stay. Very nice room as you would expect from a hotel of this standard. The hotel also has a really nice spa which was very much needed after a day of sight seeing in the snow! The concierge booked us into an AMAZING restaurant in the castle district. unfortunately I cant remember the name but it is built into the old wall. Definitely worth a look if you want a high end restaurant with a beautiful view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James d
I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. I will definately pass your kind comments to our Concierge. Kind regards,
london
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We loved our 4 night stay at the Corinthia and, if we return to Budapest, wouldn't stay anywhere else.

The hotel is classy and elegant, the staff polite and helpful and that 'grand hotel' feeling abounds throughout. We had a lovely street facing corner room which, like everything else in the hotel, was absolutely spotless.

We dropped in to several other 5* hotels (most are by the river) and they all had that convention hotel feel about them (except, of course, The Four Seasons). The Corinthia, by contrast, felt special from the moment you entered the gorgeous lobby.

The location was good too, with a 10 minute walk down the upmarket Andrassy Avenue to hit the main centre and river areas.

Room Tip: Previous reviewers have said that street facing rooms are noisy. We didn't find that. Yes, the t...
1 Thank nosher
I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. Let me thank you again for your all-embracing positive comment and for recommending us to the traveling community. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Best regards,