“Our Valentine's Break”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have come home from an amazing 4 days in Budapest, and have been raving about the Corinthia Hotel to everyone since! From our first glass of Hungarian Champagne served to us by Peter in the Executive Club, to our wonderful Valentine's Meal in the Atrium Restaurant managed so well by Imre, with a Magician and music to accompany the 5 courses, to the friendliness of the people in the city as we walked around admiring the architecture that surrounded us; this time will always remain very special to us. Everything in this hotel is perfect, and it is run very smoothly, we just wanted to say thank you for everything, and we can't wait to return one day.

Room Tip: Do stay in one of the rooms overlooking the Atrium, we did change intially from a Boulevard room but...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I am truly delighted to know that you had a great Valentine's Day stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. This kind of reviews give us always a new inspiration to do all of our bests for our guests. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I do recommend the hotel because of its perfect art - deco spa!
Overall - the hotel has been really good but the spa was like a dream :-)
good breakfast but nothing extremely surprising in 5star property.

Room Tip: I would avoid the rooms to the main street ( noisy) and the ones with windows to the covered atrium...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I am really pleased to read your review. I am delighted that you were satisfied with our services. Thank you for highlighting the Royal Spa. I do hope to welcoming you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest very soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Expensive, but worth it. Especialy for the biggest and oldest spa inside the hotel. The service is a bit "too much", they act as if they were in an old british movie. Location could be better, but still would recomend the place. Even if you dont stay here for a night you must see the Spa and the restaurant in the hotel (Michelin star rated).

Room Tip: For tranquility get the inside room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for your recommendation. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards, Thomas M Fischer General Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel was lovely. Great value for money. The location was good. Easily able to walk into the centre. We had an executive room which doesn't have an outside window so the room was quite hot.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our location. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

OK, this is fantastic building, location is as central as it gets. You should visit it as museum.
Otherwise, it is old, with signs of wear, very average breakfast (comparing to other 5* hotels), service is slow and "soviet". Rooms were designed in 50th and probably never refurbished since then. Tab in the sink was leaking. Wifi worked only by the door. Water by the bed in the room was 1400 forents.
I don't mind paying 300 Euro for a good hotel but not for a 100 Euro one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KotArina

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences about your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
The Hotel been opened in 2003 and ever since we are continuously investing in our product. Our latest invest was our new free WiFi system, which is available not only in bedrooms but also around our public areas. Unfortunately technical issues may appear, but for your comfort in the future, please be advised that hotel staff are available around the clock to assist guests with any issues that may arise.
Our rich buffet breakfast offers a wide selection of food, including cheeses, salmon, different fruit juices, and other popular breakfast items and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in this areas. We are continuously monitoring the prices and offers within the five star hotels in the city, including room, breakfast, minibar and other services and I believe that our prices are competitive.
Thank you for your comments once again and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous three night stay at the Corinthia. The hotel is in a really beautiful building (built in 1886) and is within walking distance of the sights, shops, restaurants and bars.

The reception and bar areas are really stunning and our bedroom was stylish and spacious and also quiet (hate it when you can't get sleep!). Staff members were really helpful and friendly and also very professional and knowledgeable about Budapest.

The bar staff mix a mean cocktail and will even make off menu drinks. There was also an awesome band playing in the bar on Feb 14th, I asked them to play La Mer/Beyond the Sea and they did. They were so, so amazing!

Another that makes this hotel great is the spa which has a gorgeous pool with jacuzzis and saunas as well as a range of well-priced treatments.

I didn't have breakfast at the hotel but I did eat there one night in the Rickshaw Restaurant after a long day walking. The food was reasonably priced and was ok, not amazing, there are better places outside of the hotel.

One minor thing is that the hairdryers in the bedrooms are rubbish...bit like the toy ones you had when you were little, so if you're a guy or gal who likes to look their best bring your own!

All in all it was a fabulous place to stay and I'd definitely return. :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank The-C-Girl
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. Thank you for your nice words about our Le Bar and the Royal Spa. I appreciate your constructive comments about the hairdryers. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kindest regards,
Thomas M. Fischer

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok lets get the bad out of the way first...

First room was so hot that my partner and I were physically sweating in our bed! We were unable to turn the heating down on the wall mounted climate control system and were subsequently forced to open the window, in doing this we were then welcomed by the typical city noise of traffic etc...

Upon complaining the following day we were kindly upgraded, this turned out to be quite the opposite once we established that there was a big issue with the plumbing in our room.

At this point i chose to speak with the manager, in doing so he then decided to make it his personal duty to get us in to a suitable room. He remained us in an upgraded room and threw in a complimentary bottle of red wine as compensation for our inconvenience.

From this point on-wards our stay was superb! The hotel comfortably represents a five star quality and gives you that "upper class" experience. The location is great, the architecture is grand, the facilities are fantastic and the staff our pleasant.

Lastly, as much as the problems in our first two rooms were arguably unforeseeable, I must mention that I was disappointed with the fact that it was incredibly hard to get through to someone when phoning down to reception! Also I found it very bizarre that both my partner and I were consistently receiving little electric shocks when touching the buttons in the elevator???

Overall I personally feel that I was a little bit unlucky with my stay and have therefore opted to rate this hotel as "very good", however I honestly believe that on a different visit our stay would be be more than excellent!

Do not let my review put you off this hotel, I am sure you will not be as unlucky as me. This hotel is highly recommended by both my partner and I.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

I highly appreciate your honest feedback.
We are really sorry to learn about the temperature problems in the guestroom you occupied which made you unable to rest. Normally our air-condition system provides a good and ambient temperature across the hotel and we apologise if on this occasion this did not work in the room you occupied. I am sorry for this shortcoming.
I would like to assure you that the appropriate action has been taken with a view of preventing any repetition of the problems which marred your stay.
I am happy to read that overall you had a great stay here. Thank you for the good rating and recommendation.
I appreciate your constructive comments, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Mr. Thomas M Fischer