Corinthia Hotel Budapest
$111
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$306
$245
$84
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$152
$140
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$184
$170
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$102
$85
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

New York Palace, DA(Budapest)
$157
$148
$117
$95
$618
7,851 results
All reviewsexecutive clubroyal spabeautiful hotelexecutive roomrickshaw restaurantsteam roommain restaurantfive star hotelspa facilitiesthe rivertram stopthe air conditioningopera houselong weekendjewish quartercity breakpublic transport
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We took advantage of the winter 50% off offer and took executive rooms we travelled with my brother in law and sister in law. Firstly the booking process was excellent and I would especially like to thank Boglarka Kertesz who arranged appointments in the spa, transport to and from the airport and also a table in the Bock Bistro.
When you arrive at the hotel if you have an executive room you check in on the mezzanine level which is where the executive lounge is and are greeted with a drink whilst you do this.
The room we had faced onto the street on the 4th floor and was really nice (4202). The bed was huge and very comfortable and like most people have said although we were at first a little perturbed by the two duvets it was great to not have to fight over who got the duvet during the night. The bathroom was small but well equipped with a very powerful shower. The room was very very hot though and even though it snowed and was -4 whilst we were there we did sleep with the window open to let in some air. There was a wide choice of up to date films on the TV which we took advantage of.
Housekeeping also deserve a special thank you when we returned each day (we are not very tidy people) the room was perfection with clothes folded neatly which we had left on chairs as well as the room being cleaned thoroughly. We had no problem at all accessing trip advisor using the hotel wifi and used it as we usually do to plan our stay.
The executive lounge is great and well worth the money. It has comfortable seating and tables where you can take a lovely breakfast (hot food includes bacon, scrambled egg and mushrooms) as well as cereal, porridge and cold meats. At lunchtime sandwiches are available with salads and cake and in the evening there are cocktails and canapés. Wine and champagne are available all day with beer and spirits after 5pm until 10pm. The staff there are excellent I drank the Hungarian champagne whilst there and my glass was never allowed to be empty.
The spa is lovely too although I agree with most people who say a little full. It was difficult to get space to relax in on the Saturday but I think that was mainly because people had left towels on beds who were not using them. I liked the Jacuzzi but was not so keen on the pool (I found it cold) although my husband thought it was fine. I had a facial there which was great and so relaxing I nearly fell asleep during it.
Location wise it isn’t in the city centre but as far as I could tell there was no key centre to the city like there is in Prague or Krakow. It was easy to walk to most places and even though there was heavy snow when we were there the streets were cleared pretty quickly.
I definitely recommend you try the Bock Bistro we had a very memorable meal there where the waiter helped us chose the food and the wine so we could have a real Hungarian experience and it was exceptional. We went on the Friday evening and had pre-booked which was just as well as the place was full. We tried to book another evening whilst we were there but it was fully booked even on a Monday evening – if you want to go make sure you pre-book. Also for a woman who doesn’t like offal I thought the risotto made with rabbit kidney was one of the nicest meals I have had anywhere.
One evening we tried the bar as the lounge had closed and it was normal hotel prices which makes you recognise what a good deal the executive lounge was.

All in all I thought the hotel was exceptional and it made our holiday. I don’t think I would return to Budapest as there was not a huge amount to see there but the Corinthia is really special.

Room Tip: I like fresh air so liked facing onto the street the trams were a little noisy but nothing to keep you awake
1  Thank Izzyk
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I was delighted to see that you had a nice experience here. I will pass your kind comments to Boglarka. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent 3 delightful days in a conference at this hotel, and it exceeded my expectations, because it is much more than just a conference hotel. The location is great, easy to get around, close to interesting things, restaurants, sites etc. the staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. The spa is great, recommended

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I am really pleased to read your review. I am delighted that our hotel exceed your expectation. I do hope to welcoming you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest very soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We've just come back from a 3 night break at the Corinthia, which we really enjoyed. The staff at the hotel were excellent and always happy to help, were professional and cared about things being right. We went on the 50% offer which was excellent value for money and decided not to include breakfast. It had seemed very expensive and reviews had recommended going to the hotel patisserie for breakfast instead, so we did just that. The staff in the cafe were lovely and the pastries very tasty! It was also a great value option. The spa was also really good, with friendly staff and clean pools, although we didn't try any treatments.
The room was spotlessly clean with a good bathroom (both bath and shower). We got a bit of a shock when we saw 2 duvets on the double bed (2 singles pushed together) but to be honest I think we enjoyed not having duvet wars for a few nights and the bed was very comfy!!
The location is a little further away from the river than some people might like but we were very happy walking everywhere and a couple of roads take you straight to the main areas of the city so it was really easy. The metro is very close to the hotel for those who would rather not walk and it means that the rooms are really quiet at night, which is something we always look for, so suited us perfectly.
We'd recommend taking advantage of the hotel taxi booking service to pick you up from the airport, which is good value and much easier than worrying if you're being ripped off on arrival. We failed to do this but did book a taxi back to the airport, which was prompt and spotlessly clean so we rued our lack of planning for the arrival!!
Overall, a lovely hotel, with great staff and a good location, which we would return to if back in Budapest. The only thing we found incredibly frustrating was that the wifi seemed to have blocked TripAdvisor within the hotel, which made it impossible to research things like restaurants in the city. It felt a little underhand - why would they need to block it?? Disappointing as everything else about the hotel seemed so genuine. Please allow us to use such an important site!!

Room Tip: We went for the most basic room and it was still lovely and spotlessly clean
1  Thank KirkLondon_England

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your nice comments. We will investigate the mentioned issue with the wifi system as this breakdown in service as a one off and not indicative of the service we wish to provide at all times. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you during your next visit to Budapest!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel and have to say that the hotel is lovely. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, as is the spa. The only down side was that the drinks at the hotel are very expensive and whilst most hotel bar prices are usually higher these were exceptional high. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am happy to see that you were satisfied with our services. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kindest regards,
Thomas M. Fischer

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fabulously comfortable and welcoming Hotel! The weather was grey, snowy and freezing when we visited from 7th to 10th February but the welcome was quite the opposite- it couldn't have been more warm, helpful and efficient. We were celebrating a special anniversary and were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived back from an afternoon city tour to find a bottle of Champagne chilling in a bucket of ice.
The hotel has a pretty good central location and we managed to walk everywhere we wanted to visit including Buda and the Városliget, the City Park which are both in opposite directions.
We tried out the Szechenyi Baths during our visit as you can't visit Budapest and not experience the Spas as seen from the locals perspective however The Royal Spa within the hotel was also a delight to visit.
It was very easy to access as there is a lift direct to the Spa within the hotel and the staff are extremely helpful. We didn't use the gymnasium (as we prefer the relaxation side and not the energetic stuff) so can't comment on those facilities but I would imagine they would be good too.
The room was pretty large and truly comfortable with a large kingsize bed and a spacial bathroom with a separate bath and shower.
Our window looked out over the large vestibule of the hotel so there was no outside view but this really didn't matter. Every member of staff we came into contact with couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. Our return flight was in the evening and the concierge was more than happy to store the suitcases for us and book the taxi.

Room Tip: The only slight negative about the room was that it was located close to the lifts on our floor and we were woken at night by people chatting outside our room as the sound carried easily. Even the staff knocking on adjacent room doors with 'Room Service' seemed quite loud and was quite disturbing when we were asleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay and taking the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel's location and the Royal Spa. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future.
Mr. Thomas M. Fischer