“Absolutely amazing!!”

Ranked #18 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
London, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

An incredibly beautiful hotel, exceptionally friendly staff, beautiful room and gorgeous spa. I would recommend this hotel to any one, absolute luxury - I cannot wait to return. great value for what it is. we stayed for 4 nights and barely wanted to leave the hotel. A real 5 star establishment that should be very proud of itself. we stayed during december and the decorations in the hotel were beautiful and made it all feel that little bit more magical.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our Hotel. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our services. Thank you for your recommendation. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you during your next visit to Budapest!
Thomas M Fischer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,076)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A top class establishment in every way, except that cheap foam pillows detract from the superb overall ambience of the hotel. The manager at this hotel should take a short walk to the Four Seasons Gresham Palace to learn how a real pillow feels and looks. Therefore, top marks all round but poor sleep quality. Had a fabulous suite with every comfort. Be sure to have club lounge access as it is well worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and the "club lounge" fantastic. Take your own pillows.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest feedback. Your comments are valuable for us and highlight the areas where we need to focus on in order to gain an excellent guest experience. We are really sorry to learn about the pillow problems in the guestroom you occupied. Please be assured that your comments have been reviewed and considered with the housekeeping manager. We appreciate your constructive comments, and it is our hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
london
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed for just one night (unfortunately) and were sorry that a late flight meant we didn't arrive at the hotel until after 9:30pm - and that commitments the next day meant we couldn't make full use of the spa facilities at the hotel. Our room was gorgeous, on one of the higher floors overlooking the central courtyard (beautifully decorated for Christmas), super comfortable beds etc. We didn't expect to use the breakfast buffet as it seemed expensive to us (there's a Starbucks just a few doors down) but someone else treated us - not sure I'd go for it again but it was a treat! We made good use of the lounge area to meet up with other family members also staying there. The piano player wasn't intrusive at all. Although it cost a bit more than we would normally spend, we felt it was absolutely worth it as it's a great location and made the start of our holiday feel really special. No complaints at all about service or quality!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time here. I am very sorry that you couldn't have the chance to enjoy the Royal Spa facilities. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon.
Mr. Thomas M Fischer
wavrin
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Every aspect of this hotel was simply splendid, the service in perticular was second to none. A real 5 star hotel where the staff are at pains to provide the very best. The breakfast was very impressive (it's the first time I've seen smoked American catfish on the buffet!) The omelettes cooked to your specifications were superb as was the incredible choice. The Hotel has been renovated to a very high standard, and the executive room we stayed in was beautifully decorated, very big and spotlessly clean. the hotel was decorated for christmas making it even more spectacular. It's definitely worth paying the extra to use the executive lounge. We also used the Spa facilities which are first class. The food in the atrium restaurant is delicious. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a little luxury.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I am really pleased to read your review. Thank you for your nice words about our hotel, staff and services. I do hope to welcoming you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We reserved this using Last Minute.Com - the hotel was doing a great deal, 3 nights for the price of 2, making a rather fabulous hotel quite affordable!
Location excellent - not in the main tourist drag, more towards the jewish quarter, but walking distance from everything. And bynot being in the main tourist squares, the restauant selection around us was very good - used TA to research and found several. Also definitely recommend Restaurant Chess, just a few minutes walk away.
However, the hotel's own Bock Bistro looked constantly full and lively until late so probably worth booking when you book the hotel!

All in all, great hotel, great location, AMAZING spa (had steams, saunas, swim, jacuzzi), small gym but ok for what you need.
Service was good but we really only useed check in and out.

Only very small downside was the air con in our room - it never really got down to the temperature we wanted, was always slightly on the warm side. And as we had an inside room, no point turning it off and opening the window as no fresh air.
But minor complaint all in all.

Room Tip: We were in 3227 and 3226 which overlooked the internal courtyard, which was actually a nice view wit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied all of our services and the staff. Thank you for your high recommendation. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.
General manager
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I must say as a sharp critic, I was blown away by this property. The location was excellent, the rooms and suites well appointed but what REALLY blew me away was the service. When I came in and out, they treated me like I was their only guest! Viola at the Executive Club was magnificent!

The room I booked - a deluxe suite was well appointed and much nicer then the pictures on their website! Instead of photos, I made a video of the suite and put it on YouTube! here is the link:

I highly recommend staying in a suite as it is much larger than a standard room and you get executive club (even though I only used it once).

Of note - they can arrange pickup in their Mercedes to/from the airport for less than what I paid for my transfer.

I just came home and I miss them already! I can HONESTLY say their service was comparable to a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions but FO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT - STAY HERE!

Room Tip: get a room with a boulevard view if possible - adds some excitement! :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank traveler4k
I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. This kind of reviews give us always a new inspiration to do all of our bests for our guests. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon.
Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here just before Christmas, we booked an executive King room and upon arrival we were upgraded to a deluxe suite. I must say we could not fault anything about this hotel, it was the ultimate luxury. The staff were very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. As we had access to the Executive lounge there was a constant supply of delicious food and drink.The bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in. The room was very clean and spacious. We used the pool and jacuzzi and and found tem very clean also. The spa staff were lovely my girlfriend would recommend the pedicure! We found this a great location and excellent valus for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay and taking the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our facilities. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future.
Thomas M. Fischer