“Excellent stay”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Thi is a large hotel, completely renovated with large rooms and only friendly staff. The facilities are great (do not miss the pool) with a fitness center to loose the weight accumulated due to the wonderful deserts. You cannot go wrong. Thanks you for reading my 200 character minimum review.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bardozi
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.
General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (7,449)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Came back from this interesting (!) hotel and it is quite difficult to summarise my feelings, because they really are contradictional! First impression - wow! Amazing and aristocratic decor and architecture, like a chateau! Very impressive, quick and polite check-in. Extra-class dining. Comfortable bed and ironing equipment in the room. Bathrobe and slippers. Good location.
But.... paper-thin walls - I could wade in a altercation in next room; smoking is allowed in the room on 5th&6th floors; some rooms have windows facing inside the hotel - so be prepared! Big disappointment (5-star hotel!) was for me, that in check-out I was asked to pay for a beer from minibar, what I have not used! Fortunately they believed me, but I have never in Europe high class hotels had such situation before. Card payments in souvenir shop and in bars were not possible - only cash. I understood, in shop it is a rule, in bar it was accidental and as I already had my cappuccino, it was given as complimentary - a nice touch! All in all - interesting experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback. Your comments are valuable for us and highlight the areas where we need to focus on in order to gain an excellent guest experience.

I am glad to read that you were amazed by our hotel's architectural beauty and thank you for the kind words about the dining facilities and our location.

We still provide limited number of smoking rooms, on 6th floor. Non of those rooms are facing inside the Hotel. Rest of the rooms are non smoking.
We do encourage our guests to be respectful and do not smoke in a non smoking room, though you will appreciate that it is not always possible to control.

I am really sorry to learn about the issue of minibar billing. I offer my sincere apologies for this mistake. I do hope that you will look upon this breakdown as a one off and not indicative of the customer care we wish to provide at all times.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia Budapest and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times over the past 4 years (we love Budapest!) the first time being as part of our honeymoon.

This hotel is one of the more expenive ones but it offers very good value for money; especially if taking the Executive Room option and using the Exec Club faclities which you can use to chill out and relax in in between trips into town.

The great thing about the hotel is that whilst it is expensiveit has a very relaxed and informal feel to it. All the staff without exception are not just helpful in a "its my job way" but really care about their work and your stay.

It has great facilities, is in a good location and the people there are lvoely - so as i say whilst "expensive" it represetns great value for moeny.

Room Tip: Book an Exec Room and mkae use of the excellent Exec Club facilities. ask for a Boulevard room if y...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

First of all I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay again. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our staff and services. I am happy to read that you have spent a great honeymoon here. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future.
Mr. Thomas M. Fischer

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked an executive room in the hotel which gives free access to the executive lounge where they serve food and drink all day - breakfast, then nibbles and coffee etc followed by cocktails n wine n nibbles - lovely. Room was excellent, large, comfortable and well equipped. The bathroom was modern and a good size. Most of all the staff were so helpful and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. Spa was excellent with a lovely pool, good array of steam and sauna rooms. I had two treatments there - one a general massage that was very good and then a body scrub which was divine. Only negative was the very expensive bar in the hotel itself

Room Tip: Try and book an executive room for the access to the executive lounge
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScottishLWL

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. thank you for highlighting the Executive Club and the Royal Spa services. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel looks very impressive and is in a central location. The staff are incredibly friendly and provided helpful advice on what to see during our short 3 day stay. There were 3 of us in a very comfortable, high end Executive Suite which also offered access to the Executive Lounge with snacks and drink available all day. However, the highlight of the stay was the breakfast which was excellent and offered a hugh variety. Although we never ate in the hotel restaurants they looked good and if we had stayed longer we would definitely have tried one. Very close to most amenities but a bit of a walk to Buda and it would be better to use the tram that is located outside of the hotel. My friends rated the spa very highly.

Room Tip: Choose the Executive Suite as you get access to the Executive Lounge where you can get free lunch an...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

I am really pleased to read that you had a great stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Many thanks for the kind words. I do hope to welcome you back in your next visit to Budapest.
Mr. Thomas M Fischer

Reviewed October 20, 2012

A really good choice for Budapest. Location is central and while not on the Danube the No 6 or No 2 tram will take you from the front of the hotel to the river in less than 10 minutes. The courtyard rooms are really quiet and the basic rooms spacious. Room service is delivered by friendly staff within 20 minutes and there is also a great bakery 3 doors up. Rooms have hairdryers, irons etc and good showers. The spa is good however massages are expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your recent stay. Thank you for your kind words. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the Corinthia at the tail end of a Danube cruise. The spa was unbelievable. Free entry if you are staying there. Cost of massages on par with the US. Rooms were high end, breakfast excellent, staff very helpful, and the location was lovely.

Room Tip: I don't know what the room cost as we were with tour.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our services. Thank you for your high rating and the compliments about the Royal Spa. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.