Casati Budapest Hotel(Budapest)
$104
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$338
$135
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$147
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$237
$192
InterContinental
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

$535
7,977 results
All reviewsexecutive clubroyal spabeautiful hotelexecutive roomrickshaw restaurantsteam roommain restaurantfive star hotelspa facilitiesthe rivertram stopthe air conditioningopera houselong weekendjewish quartercity breakpublic transport
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I organized a small Economics Conference with participants from the US, Hungary and Italy on June 1, 2012 at the Corinthia Hotel. Ten couples stayed at the hotel for up to five days, and our meetings were organized at the hotel. This was our ninth annual meeting in Europe and the Corinthia, by consensus was the finest hotel to have hosted our event. The facilities and rooms was outstanding and the staff was most helpful. It was a great experience at a truly great hotel. In addition the rates were very reasonable and the executive lounge was a pleasure.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but the executive club really adds to the experience.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review and choosing our hotel for your small conference. I am really pleased to read that you have a successful meeting and a great stay with us. Thank you for your high recommendation.I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The hotel is perfect! We only took a room, breakfast and meals we took outside , in the neighbourhood are a lot of restaurants where you can go for less than half the price.
Metro is about 350 meter from the hotel and tram stops in front of the door.
The spa is superb !!! and is included in the price of the room !!!
Great value for the money we paid.
Thanks Galahotels for offering us this hotel for a very low price !!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank GERARD D
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am glad to read that you have found our hotel perfect. Thank you for your recommendation and the nice words. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Its a big impersonal impressive looking hotel. The people are professional rather than friendly. First thing they gave me was a form to fill in when I had filled all my details on the internet booking. When will they learn ?

The rooms have everything you want but no wow factor.

So its OK but the major problem is, its in the wrong place. Opposite is the Ital discount store, nearby are Ali Babas take away and the a strip club.If you walk the streets you will be accosted by beggars of one sort or another. All the other big hotels are miles away down in the city centre where this should be.

They are geared to conventions in this hotel. An :executive club" welcomes salesmen on their annual shindig but doesn't want the individual traveller or let them in.. They have several restaurants. The huge "brasserie" was entirely empty during our three day stay. The "chinese" restaurant had a few in. The Brock bistro is very small and allegedly good but unless you know someone they wont let you in. The insufferable arrogance of trendy restaurants that six months later are bust is the order of the day. Best of luck if you want to eat there - we couldn't although we could see empty tables sitting there while they told us they had no room. . Round about the hotel are cheap and generally nasty bars and fast food joints - for those interested a Kentucky Fried Chicken is down on the corner. I suspect they are not as snooty as the bistro. Otherwise there are tourist rip off joints a few hundred yards away in the "Square"

Don't stay here, stay down town where the rest of the good hotels are. There is a centrally located Mercure if you dont fancy the prices of the big international chains like Four Seasons and Intercontinental.. Lots of good eateries down there and life on the streets that is a lot less threatening. You might be able to get into a decent restaurant too. Try the Brosso bistro - thereabouts, kinda nouvelle cuisine with a twist at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: We choose the cheapest room. Its perfectly adequate with everything you need but has an old fashioned TV and a boring look about it. You might do better to choose a more expensive one.
4  Thank DencUk
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
I am truly sorry that you did not like the guest room and its facilities. We are continuously investing in our product and will definitely address your comments when we refurbishing our guest rooms.

For your information concerning our location we are the closest 5 star hotel to the Opera House and to Heroes Square and the City Park. We are also close to the shops and restaurants in the city and we are just a short walk to the city centre and the Danube river. The area - where the Hotel located - is at the heart of the city and it is safe, just like in other big European capitals.

We hope that otherwise your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed June 20, 2012

we are currently here as i type. We booked in for a week and at check-in was offered an upgrade for £400. it is without doubt a good offer as you can use the executive suite which is free. the suite is large and comfortable and the staff are excellent (peter is outstanding) breakfast is unlimited and wine/snacks are available all day!

the only negative i can find is that in the current great weather (90 degrees) there is no outside pool area to sunbathe. this is a very minor problem as apart from margaret island room in the city is scarce.

overall the hotel is fantastic, great food and backed up by a staff that nothing is too much trouble. would highly recomend this hotel to any travellers. excellent value.

rooms/suites are large, clean and modern. location = excellent

Room Tip: upgrade if finances prevail
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

We are really pleased to read your review. Thank you for your nice words about our hotel. I will pass your comments to Peter. I do hope to welcoming you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We've just returned from a two night break in Budapest and for me the Corinthia Hotel made the weekend.

In 30 years of traveling this is without doubt the best hotel experience I have had. The whole stay was excellent. This is how to run a 5 star facility.
The room was clean, spacious and modern.
We had access to the spa facilities, which included pool, jacuzzi and steam/sauna and were first class.
Service was attentive, they had laid out a special area where there were free nibbles and a large TV to watch the football.
There was such a wide selection of services within the hotel that I'd have been happy not to have left it for the whole weekend.
The room had both bath and shower, there was a vanity area, separate individual quilts, there were so many little touches that just made life that little bit easier.

Saturday afternoon, we went next door where there was a great little patisserie for afternoon tea.
Saturday night we watched the football with complimentary snacks in the atrium.
Later we went to the club underneath the hotel, which has free access for guests, the Orfeum Music Club, which on Saturday night had a jazz singer (who was good) and was packed.
Sunday morning was spent in the spa followed by Brunch with live music.
Sunday afternoon we chilled in the bar.

Breakfast I felt was pricey, so we skipped that but the highlight without doubt for me was the Sunday Brunch. It was spectacular. A huge selection of dishes to select from, Champagne, live music by a collection of Hungarian musicians, attentive staff and to top it all free gifts for the gentlemen as it was father's day. Whenever our glasses were getting empty there was always a smiling face ready to top us up. The band were really great, we even bought their CD!

Whoever is running this hotel is on top of his/her game. They clearly have a minute understanding of what can turn a good hotel into a great hotel. For me it's a combination of things, not all of them based just on the facilities but needing to include staff who seem genuinely interested and happy to help.
This is 5 star but it's not stuffy, intimidating or pretentious and that's a fine line to walk.
I'm not sure if I've ever posted a review before, and ordinarily I'd not go to the effort and bother, but the experience left me so elated (given some of the poor experiences I've had before) that I felt I had to do the staff justice and add my congratulations to the other reviews.
I had to laugh when I saw that there were people that had given it a zero rating, I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.
Location wise, the hotel is a short distance away from the river/main city centre shopping area but is only 200m from both metro and trams run up and down the main boulevard outside.
It's pretty much central between the Szczesny baths and river and it's pretty easy to get around.
I'd like to thank the hotel and all of the staff for a wonderful weekend's stay. We'll definitely be back.
Chapeau!

3  Thank sham69
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read that you had the best hotel experience ever with us. Thank you for the nice words.. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.
General manager