“Lovely apartment in gorgeous hotel”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #18 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Norway
“Lovely apartment in gorgeous hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I took my mother to Budapest for a long weekend, and we stayed 4 nights at the wonderful Corinthia. We had a 2 bedrooms apartment of approx 90 squaremetres in the newer part of the hotel. Outside the apt it was a wonderful park-like garden - on the 3rd floor.

The public areas were all beautiful and stylish, and the in-house spa was breathtaking! We upgraded to the Exectuive Club, and enjoyed food and drinks on the quiet mezzanine gallery.

The service was amazing and the we enjoyed the location.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you travel with family or friends; try one of the apartments. They are lovely, spacious and not t...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,076)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
st. Louis
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My family of four, two adult children and my husband and I stayed in executive rooms for four nights. We had the most wonderful time in Budapest and greatly credit the high level of service and attention to detail afforded by the wonderful staff and amenities of the Corinthia Hotel to our positive experience in Budapest. The executive lounge with Daniel as its head of staff, provided impeccable service and genuinely made us feel welcomed at the beginning and end of each day as we returned from a full day of sight seeing. The rooms were spacious, the morning buffet was sumptuous, and the evening cocktail hour was relaxing and fulfilling. I would recommend this hotel to all I know.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank stlouisblues
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We arrived in Budapest after stays in Prague and Vienna. The Corinthia was easily the classiest and most beautiful of the three hotels we visited. The only complaint (and this is not a complaint, just an observation) is that the included breakfast buffet lacked the champagne or sparkling wine that the Prague and the Vienna hotels provided (I had been become very accustomed to mimosas in the morning!). The breakfast buffet itself was much more extensive at the Corinthia than our other location, which were very nice themselves, so that says a lot. Also, the pool facility was beautiful and most welcome after a hard day's touring in the July heat. If I were ever to return to Budapest, I would not hesitate to book the Corinthia again. (I cannot evaluate the "value" component of the typical review because the cost of the hotel was buried in a travel agent's package price.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lclcn2001
London
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Returning to this hotel five years on, we still found it to be one of our favourite hotels in the world.

We were upgraded to a stunning suite, and upgraded ourselves to the Executive Club (which we already knew to be wonderful-drinks, food, business services all day). The breakfast had an array of items to choose from and the Spa facilities were fantastic. My wife took advantage of the many treatments of offer, and these were quite reasonable for a 5* Hotel.

Finally, we found the staff to be exceptional, booking restaurants, giving us driving directions out of Budapest, and offering us great travel advice.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive Club. Also, I wonder if the upgrade stemmed from speaking a little Hungarian an...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Slartibartfarst
Chicago
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Just returned from a 3-night stay at the Corinthia and loved it! I was traveling with my sister and we chose the Corinthia because of the wonderful trip advisor reviews as well as the spa, and we were so happy with our choice! We had a regular room on the 4th floor and did not upgrade to the executive room.

First, let me say that I wish I could give this a 4.5 star review, but alas, half stars are not allowed. And if you are just looking for a wonderful hotel in Budapest, you can stop reading and just book the Corinthia. But if you want more details, read on for the awesome, the good, and the not-the-best.

The awesome:
1) The spa is wonderful. We did not get any treatments, but made extensive use of the jacuzzis and sauna (the pool was a bit cool for my taste).
2) Amazing service and friendly people. Upon checking in, we asked if there was a DVD player in the room and they sent one right up. Our room was ready for us upon arrival, at 10am. We used the airport transfer for 10,000 HUF and the driver was there when we exited customs and it was a very easy trip. Can't say one bad thing about any of the service.
3) The price. We stayed three nights, including room service two nights and a one-way airport transfer and paid less than $600 USD.
4) Did I mention the spa? OK I did, but in case I left it out above, there is free bottled water in the spa, as well as fresh fruit.
5) Nice large rooms, with free, fast internet (wired, not wireless)
6) Great air conditioning in our room (4327)

The good:
1) The location is good. Right by the Oktagon underground stop, which is on the most convenient subway line. It's a bit of a walk to the main tourist area, but we actually preferred to be out of the fray.
2) The room service food was good. Some dishes were great, such as the goulash soup, but some were just OK, such as the spaghetti.
3) The bathroom was good. Shower was a bit small but there was a lovely large bathtub. The sink handles leaked, so there was standing water on the sink counter that we had to mop up occasionally.

The not-the-best:
The hotel itself is gorgeous and opulent, but the rooms could use a bit of updating. The television screens are old CRT monitors, and the beds are not very plush. I like hard mattresses, so that didn't bother me too much, and the sheets were quite nice, but the pillows could have been much softer. As a plus, there were two extra pillows and two extra blankets already in the room (which I always appreciate).

Bottom line, definitely stay here, if you have your walking shoes on (or are good taking the subway and resting your tired tourist body in the hot tub each night!). We loved it and would definitely return!

Room Tip: We booked directly through the website and asked for a non-smoking, street-view room on a high floor...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ami P
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband and I spent 2 nights in a superior double room last weekend. We cannot fault the hotel at all.

All of the staff, from arrival until check-out were friendly, attentive and professional. The different staff that we spoke with on the Concierge desk dealt efficiently with every query and very accomodating in helping us to liaise with family in a different hotel.

The room was lovely, nothing exceptional, but nice. It overlooked the main atrium and was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable, although we had 2 single duvets on it rather than 1 large one, which I have never encountered before! The bathroom was compact, but not cramped, with a powerful shower.

The buffet breakfast (included in our booking) was varied and good quality. The chef on the egg station was continually on the go and the omelettes we had were delicious.

The spa was amazing - refurbished beautifully. I swam in the pool and used one of the jacuzzis - the jets were very powerful and much needed after a day wandering around Budapest.

We ate in the Bock Bistro (I'm not sure if this is officially part of the hotel) immediately next door - the 'tapas' were delicious, especially the squid in spicy meat sauce.

I wouldn't stay here again as I would prefer to be closer to the river - almost everywhere we went involved a fair walk - but it was a very lovely hotel with excellent staff.

NB: taxi drivers know the hotel as The Royal, rather than the Corinthia.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CardiffManc
The Netherlands
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My partner brought me here as part of my 40th birthday celebrations. It is luxurious hotel with very helpful staff. We had a lovely large room at the front of the hotel with large windows. There is a spa facility in the hotel which is definitely worth visiting. There is a pool, 2 jacuzzis, steam rooms, sauna, water beds, etc. Treatments need to be booked in advance and I would recommend them. For breakfasts we actually walked down to the Starbucks on the corner of the street. Breakfasts were nearly euro30 p/p.
The hotel is in walking distance to the subway and even into the centre of town. There is a great array of restaurants very close to the hotel just off a side street from Kiraly utca.
All in all a great place to be spoilt!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple