“An oasis close to the busy Budapest centre”

Hotel Pension Helios
Ranked #97 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Linkoping, Sweden
“An oasis close to the busy Budapest centre”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for three nights and found it to be very nice. Room was clean and had a balcony where we could sit in the evening and enjoy the views. Warm water flow in the shower could have been better, now it was kind of brittish if you know what I mean.
The staff was very helpful with everything from supplying bus tickets to calling the local restaurant to ensure that they kept the kitchen open a bit longer for us. We could park our car inside their locked garden, probably not needed as the area seems very calm and nice, but better safe than sorry. The room rate was good but we found the breakfast price a little bit high, not expensive but still.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 11, 2014

It is the third time I'm spending my vacantion on Budapest, staying at Helios Hotel.
I'm very pleased by the services and my kids love to play in the backyard, while we are preparing to go downtown, which is easy to do by car or even by bus.

I mostly appreciate that the hotel has free private parking, which can be a real problem in the center hotels...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Hotel Pension Helios is in a gorgeous location in the Buda hills. (Is this really in the city?) Yet it is easy to get to by public transportation. Metro and tram gets you up the hill quickly. It is quiet and clean. There are oleanders and lavender in the surrounding garden and the balcony is wonderful for enjoying one's morning coffee or evening rose. The staff was very friendly, but it was when I had a problem with my bike that the staff went way beyond the call of duty. I asked the concierge to check the train for the next leg of my travels. It turned out I was unable to take my bike on the train due to work on the tracks. The concierge checked all kinds of alternative routes, but none worked. Finally, he offered to keep my bike for me until I returned to Budapest. Problem solved! Getting immediate help from such an unexpected situation when you are traveling away from home is the kind of thing that stays with you. Staying at the Helios Panzio was a great experience for me and I will recommend it to anyone going to Budapest. Thanks.

Room Tip: My room was great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We arrived for one night and found a great room which we are sure to return to in the future.
As the place is quite high over the city, the air was plesent even on a very hot day.
We had a room with balcony and enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: To enjoy this hotel recommended to come by car, as it is quite far from the center at a high point o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great place with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable.The neighbourhood is quiet. Property has a beatuiful garden and private parking. We will visit that place again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Park City, Utah
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

A great hotel. Our room had an ample balcony. The hotel is clean and our room very very confortable. It is too far from Budapest (29 minutes by car), but the price made up for the travel time.

I have to say: We liked it a lot.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great place for a base camp for the Budapest exploration. Excellent both for lone travelers and families. You can get bus tickets right in the hotel, as well as a lot of trip advises and recommendations from personnel. Next time I hope we'll stay in Helios again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family