“Great place to stay if you have children”

Hotel Pension Helios
Ranked #120 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Pension Helios for three nights. The apartment was always quiet, clean and fresh despite the heat (40 degrees and up). We enjoyed very much the terrace and the garden especially my son. The staff was nice and very helpful especially the hotel's owner and George who gave us many tips (places to visit, best sights of the city, places that the children can enjoy and where we can relax...).We appreciated very much their help and information. We had really a good time in Budapest and we're looking forward to renew the experience and visit again.SC.

Room Tip: the apartments have their private big terrace and garden
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank soumaya z

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Hi,
We have been very lucky having stayed at this place, as it's away from the hustle and bustle of the city.Located on trhe Buda side up in the hills,it's very serene.Very well connected by bus to the Pest side,We are thankful to very helpful and polite staff at the reception.We thank Agnes,George, and Sylvi.We look forward to stay here again.Having just 11 rooms, they have the atmosphere, which gives you a feel of owning your own bunglow.Open space around the hotel is a pluss.Proximity to a very good restaurant with reasonable priced menu.

Johar
Norway

Room Tip: Book in advance.Book a room either on the 1st or second floor.Then you will have good view.Personall...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at the Helios for 5 nights. Very helpful staff. Especially the hotel manager was very friendly and took time to talk to me, even though she was very busy. They booked this wonderful boat trip on the Donau river,which I just loved. And they gave me the time table for the bus, the city map and what I shouldn´t miss. I appreciate so much their service. I had a studio for one person and it was really great. So big and nice and it had a terrace towards the garden. Lovely. Very good bed and that is so important. The hotel is a little bit far from the center, but that was not a problem. The buses went near the hotel often, so it was good. It was a good area, quiet and beautiful. I enjoyed my stay at the Helios and in Budapest. Thank you for a good time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place was absolutely great, beautiful and quiet accommodation in a quiet area, large and clean apartment for 3 people, with a large terrace, fantastic breakfast served outside in the garden and very nice and helpful Lady receptionist that we absolutely in everything.The connection to the Centre by bus, you really spend the reproach.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank p p
Reviewed August 5, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 5, 2012

At first when I reached there, I thought it was far from the city centre. But, once I was inside, I realized how charming the place was. Clean, neat, well maintained by a dedicated team, the place won my heart. The staff is just great - cant thank George, Sylvia and Agnes enough for their help and advise. When I got cheated in the city, their anguish was genuine. Was touched.

It is a little far from the city centre, but there is a direct bus from a bus stop about 150m away which takes you right to the city centre. There is also a nice, affordable restaurant about 400m away and a mini market opposite the bus stop. Very convenient after all.

Charming place, with balconies in each room.

Delighted. Thanks, all, for your warmth and hospitality.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Situated in a quiet area within a short walk from the main bus route, Helios makes an ideal base for anyone visiting Budapest.
It took a while to check in here as the young man on reception was so helpful, he went out of his way to supply us with information about bus routes, times and prices, good places to visit and maps to help us find them.
Our room was clean and the beds were so comfy I slept better than I usually do at home. We had a balcony where we could sit and check out the beautiful view over the surrounding hillside, and listen to the sound of the crickets in the garden below us.
There was plenty to choose from in the breakfast buffet, even for non meat-eaters, and the staff were all very friendly and most attentive. I can't thank them enough for making our stay at Helios so memorable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family