“Very good hotel in walking distance to most of the major spots in Budapest”

Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest
Ranked #62 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Mamaison Residence is a very good hotel near the opera and the boulevard Andrassy. The opera and lots of restaurants, bars and pubs are in walking distance to the hotel.

It is also to go to the major spots of Budapest as most of these are eays to reach by foot or by metro which is just 200 metres away from the hotel.

Our room was very spacious with a bedroom, bathroom and a living room. The living room has two couches, one dining table and an own kitchenette. There are also a cd and a dvd player
All was very clean and you can feel like at home.

A sauna is also in the house. This is complimentary for the guests.

Depite the recommendations there also some few negative points which are not critical:

- house keeping is only once in a week
- separate berakfast is too expensive
- parking fees are high (16 € per night)
- variety of tv channels can be im proved

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
ResidenceIzabella, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2009

Dear Valued Guest "Littlecosmos",

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.
I am glad to see that you could feel like at home in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am also happy to see that you could enjoy the benefits that our sauna provides on complimentary usage for our guests. I am sorry if the weekly cleaning caused inconveniences. I would kindly like to inform you that in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest we try to do our best to save our environment, but certainly upon request we provide fresh towels free of charge and additional daily cleaning is available as well.

Reviewed November 8, 2009

Great location -off Andrassy avenue.Had car parking underneath(16 euros/night)Very reasonable for Budapest.We got a great deal for 90 euros/night and upon arrival were upgraded from the Classic suite to the Ambassador suite which meant our 21 yr old son had a king size bed to himself instead of a sofa bed.Spacious apartment,huge bathrooms and yes we had one each.Facilities so we could cook for ourselves ,all the conveniences of an apartment(which it actually is) with the reception and services of a hotel.Very secure,helpful reception staff.A free washing machine both in the room and also next to the gym downstairs.Very central location on one of the main avenues and a little supermarket 50m away for cheap breakfast(sold fresh pastries,fresh rolls for lunch)We saved money.Beautifully and tastefully decorated.We were originally booked in a pension in the Buda hills,we looked at it (Helios) were disappointed in how small the triple room was and how far away we were there, so cancelled our booking and for 30 euros more we stayed in this lovely place.No comparison.Would stay here again.Great rates on the last minute sites-wotif,booking.com.

Dear Valued Guest "nelsonfamily6",

Thank you very much for placing your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in Budapest and with us. It is very nice to see that our Ambassador Suite could fulfill your needs. I am also happy that you could take advantage of the built-in washing machine which is a standard in our Ambassador Suites, just like the built-in dishwasher. I hope you were satisfied with our additional washing machines and dryers that are at our guests' complimentary usage anytime. I am very glad to see that you liked our interior decoration - one of our main aims is to make our guests feel like at home.
We would be very happy to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Reviewed November 4, 2009

this hotel was fantastic. the service was incredible -tamas was like a 5-star concierege. the classic suite was roomy enough for 3 adults and 1 baby. the only thing lacking was that the cot was very flimsy, but it worked out ok.

Dear Valued Guest "jveVienna_Austria",

Thank you very much for taking your time to place your kind comment to Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is really nice to see that you found our Classic Suite roomy enough for your stay. I hope your baby enjoyed our "Children Corner". Tamás was very happy to hear that he could help you like a 5-star-concierge.
I am sorry that our babycot did not meet your expectations, I would kindly like to inform you that we are processing a purchase of brand new and comfortable babycots. I hope next time we can welcome you and we can fulfill all your expectations.

Reviewed October 24, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at Residence Izabella, an apartment hotel. Although it is not close to the central tourist area near the Danube, it was very convenient and well located for our needs. It was a pleasure to walk dowb Andrassy to restaurants. We also used the Metro 1 Subway from a stop less than a block from the hotel and used Trams #4 and #6 at the Octagon, only two blocks away. Our deluxe suite was spacious, with a living room with sofa and large dining table, well-equipped kitchen, bedroom and bath with double sinks, a bathtub and separate shower. Everything was attractive and immaculately clean. Our room had a balcony and windows that overlooked the lovely garden courtyard. The room was very quiet. We were pleasantly surprised to find the TV service had two channels, HBO and Hallmark, with some good programs in English. The staff was very pleasant and efficient. We have only two concerns to mention. If you plan to utilize the hotel’s generous offer to use their laundry equipment at no charge, note that you may have to do it very early in the morning or late in the evening because the equipment is utilized heavily during the day. Also, the washer and dryer cycles took longer than any I've used before. The more important item is the taxi. We took City Taxi from Keleti Station to the hotel, a distance of barely two miles, and it cost 860 forints. We asked the hotel to call the same company, City Taxi, to take us back to the Keleti Station when we checked out. The charge was 2,700 forints. It appears to us that the hotel may take a cut of the taxi fare. We were very unhappy but could not talk the driver into charging less. You might want to call City Taxi or another company yourself. By the way, don’t miss having a meal at Millennium da Pippo, an Italian restaurant around the corner from the hotel. It was excellent!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest "blueyedlady",

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted to see that you liked our Deluxe Suite and our landscaped garden courtyard. It is nice to see that our staff could do everything for you, it is our staff's pleasure. I am sorry to see that you could not take advantage of our laundry room which is at your complimentary disposal 24 hours a day. I would kindly like to inform you that our staff is at your disposal anytime, next time should you visit us please let us know if you cannot find an empty machine as we will solve it for you. I would kindly like to ask you should you experience any inconvenience during the usage of our machines please let our staff know as most of the operating instructions, such as how to save time, are placed out in the laundry room but for sure our staff will be able to help you. I am sorry to see that you experienced inconveniences regarding the taxi transfer. I would kindly like to ask you please feel free to contact our staff anytime should you have any doubt, as our guests are really important for us and we will do anything for your comfort, certainly even after leaving our hotel.
I am happy to see that you liked having the meal at Millenium da Pippo Italian restaurant, should your plan bring you back to Budapest I would kindly like to offer you our In-Room Dining Menu, as dishes are delivered from Millenium da Pippo restaurant.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

Four of us stayed in the ambassador suite (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms). The rooms were clean and we were very comfortable. The staff was so helpful and friendly, helping us with tours, making train reservations and pointing us to attractions, restaurants, etc.
In the evening when we sat out in the garden area, the staff would come out for a few minutes to chat with us.

This hotel is very close to a metro stop and easily accessable to anywhere in the city you want to go.

We loved it at this hotel and we loved Budapest!

Dear Vaued Guest "lasPa",

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted to see that you liked our staff. It is our pleasure to be at your disposal anytime.

We would be happy to welcome you back should you visit Budapest again.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

The only place we will stay when we revisit Budapest. Location was perfect. Close to shopping, transport ,restaurants,sightseeing and a few metres off Andrassy Ave.
The classic suite was roomy, clean and well laid out. But what I mostly want to comment on was the outstanding service of the staff without exception. Nothing was too much trouble from my first contact nine months before we went ,to the afternoon we checked out. I can heartily recommend this hotel, you will not regret staying here!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
ResidenceIzabella, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2009

Dear Valued Guest "MaryRoseI",

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your kind comment on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is very nice to see that you liked our Classic Suite. I am glad to see that our staff fulfilled your needs, they all were happy that you found them outstanding.
We would be more than happy to welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed October 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed four nights at the MaMaison Residence Izabella in October 2009.

Highs:
- Spacious and, generally, clean room.
- Very good (although sometimes inconsistent - i.e., periodic delays) hi-speed internet.
- Very good gym facilities.
- Good location, near Metro line #1 and close to many sights.
- Extremely helpful, informative, and courteous staff.

Lows:
- Our room started to show some wear - especially in the bathroom where a new coat of paint would help and the fan needed to be replaced (or at least cleaned).
- The heater / air conditioner wasn't working in our room. As such, our room got very stuffy at times. The staff did provide us with a fan.
- While the Residence offers washing facilities, two out of the three dryers were broken and weren't fixed while we were there. As such, it was difficult to wash any clothes during our stay. We had to instead dry our clothes in our room using the aforementioned fan.

Overall, we had a good stay and would come back should we return to Budapest.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest "B_in_Ottawa",

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your kind comment on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay with us in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am also delighted to see that you were satisfied with our staff. I am sorry for all the inconveniences regarding the air conditioner and the washing machine. I would kindly like to inform you that we changed our internet provider we hope you will find it better should your plans bring you to Budapest again. I would also like to inform you that we purchased new dryer machine and all of them are at our guests disposal.
I hope we can welcome you back and your next stay will be only on the "highs".