“Wonderful”

Ranked #54 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
London, UK
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Mamaison Izabella was a great place to stay.
We got a cheap expedia deal and couldn't believe what we got for the price we paid, amazing value for money.
We had an amazing suite (cheapest option) with really good kitchen, and facilities. Garden courtyard was beautiful, didn't have breakfast made our own in our kitchen. Staff were brilliant, location was excellent.

Recommend this place, would stay here again.

2 Thank Emma R
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest „Emma R”,

Thank you very much for choosing Mamaison Residence Izabella for your recent stay in Budapest.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us, we always try to do our best, to provide a relaxing stay for our guests. We appreciate your kind feedback!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next trip to Budapest!

Beatrix Marlyin – Residence Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I spent a few weeks at Mamaison Residence for a business trip. Given my extensive travels, this was probably one of my best experiences in a hotel. The location was great (two minute walk to Andrassy Boulevard and the historic M1 metro line). The rooms were immaculate and the room style really made it feel a lot less like a hotel and more like a real apartment. Breakfast was always fresh and the variety of food was great. However, what made the experience so pleasant was the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. They were more than happy to answer any questions you might have about sightseeing objectives or other activities you can do in Budapest. They were also very engaging in conversations (particularly one front desk person, Viktor I think was his name, great guy, very friendly and talkative, always wanted to share a lot of his experiences and stories when asked how he is doing). Overall, a great experience and a great hotel that I would recommend to anyone visiting Budapest!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest „Travel_ABC06”,

Thank you very much for sharing your nice experiences regarding your few weeks stay at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.

I am delighted to see that you had a great time with us and you were satisfied with our sevices. I am more than happy that our great staff assisted you with a memorable stay, it is always a pleasure for us.

We would be very happy if you chose us next time as well, we are looking forward to welcome you back!

Yours Sincerely,
ieland
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had a one bedroom apt for 6 weeks and was very happy. My apt was at the end on the top floor and was very quiet except for the occasional loud laughter from the patio below but this was not disturbing. The blinds to keep the room dark were excellent for sleeping during the day when working nights a I was As I was there a long time I was disap
pointed not to have an oven as I like to cook at the weekend. I also mentioned when I left the rather grubby net curtains with a hole - cigarette burn - right next to the bed and the roman blinds had seen better days.

My other disappointment was that I was told we had access to the swimming pool across the road
Free of charge. This was not the case, although the amount was small we still had to register and fill out forms each time we went.

For a short holiday trip I would stay there again, but for a business trip I would probably choose a more up-to-date hotel with amenities and a proper kitchen.

Thank you so much.

Christine Wilson

Room Tip: A room on the garden wing is nicer at the back. The room I had at the end on 5th floor was dry quiet...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest „neverland9”,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences regarding your 6 weeks stay at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. Your advices are really useful for us, thank you very much.

I am really sorry that a couple of things caused discomfort for you. We always try to make continuous improvements in our hotel.

We do hope, that we can cause you some positive surprises when you may come back to our residence for a holiday trip.

We wish you all the bests and hope will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon!

Saint Cloud
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a very charming, well located and perfect hotel for leisure and business trip. The staff is professional and always at your disposal ... just perfect... so I truly recommend the Mamaison Izabella !

Room Tip: I was upgraded !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest „izatica”,

Thank you very much for staying at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. It was our pleasure to welcoming you in our nice city.

I was really happy while I was reading your kind words, thank you very much. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you were satisfied with all the services in our hotel.

Please feel free to contact us anytime if you come back to Budapest.

Kind regards,
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here mid February for a weekend break with the lady - Perfect accommodation, and only a stone throw away from what Budapest has to offer. The staff were very professional and ever so helpful. I had been told Hungary was a xenophobic country, but felt right at home in the accommodation. The room was immaculate and had more than enough space for 2 people, it was everything i needed for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest “WelshWill1986”,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write such a nice comment regarding your stay at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am very glad that you spent a nice weekend with us in Hungary and I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff those who could make your stay with us more welcoming.

We are delighted that you recommend our Residence Izabella on Tripadvisor and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed in Maminon Izabella for 6 nights recently and the staff were extemely accommodating and pleasant. The suite was large with a separate bedroom and with a separate toilet and bathroom, which is a great idea. The suite also had a large furnished balcony and a fully equipped kitchen/dining area plus a large lounge area.

I do agree with a previous reviewer that the decoration in our suite was a little spartan for my taste and did not pay homage to the age of the building. I also agree that the breakfast was a little lacklustre and, on the only occasion that we did go to breakfast, the choice was very limited and the hot food was luke warm at best.

I would suggest that it would be advisable to have the instructions for the dishwasher & washing machine in the folder with the hotel information, as we did have some difficulty negotiating the controls.

Overall our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest “Gemma789”,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am more than happy to read that you were impressed by our accommodation and that the service we provided met your expectation.

We assure you that we will continue working on to improve our services, including the variety of the breakfast, so your next experience will exceed your expectations. Thank you very much for your kind advices regarding the decoration in the apartments as well.

We are always keen on the improvement of our services so thank you very much for your feedback.
I hope we will have the chance to accommodate you again in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located, being just a few blocks from the subway. I arrived after injuring my leg and the hotel was nice enough to lend me a crutch. This was very useful to assist me getting around Budapest. The hotel receptionist was pleasant and really helpful with tourist information. The hotel has a shared laundry and gym.

The room we booked was a two bedroom room with double/queen size beds. The room was larger than we expected and contained a full kitchen and a lounge room with two sofas. The tv had a version of discovery in English in addition to the normal English news channels. The bedrooms were both spacious and both contained TVs. and both had their own bathrooms. These are also large and have been well maintained.

The only disappointing note was we allowed the hotel to book us a taxi when we left for the station rather than call one ourselves. The hotel quoted a slightly higher price than our previous trip but if it was at the lower end of the price it was still reasonable. We noticed half way through the ride that the taxi had his meter off. We were charged the maximum rate the hotel quoted when we arrived at the station. This was double the price that we paid on our way to the hotel. It became obvious to us that the taxi driver had asked the receptionist what price he quoted and charged us that. Although still not as bad as the unlicensed taxis and it was under $8 AUD more than we expected it was disappointing after an otherwise nice stay.

Although I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again however I would be booking my own taxi next time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stuyw10
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest “Stuyw10”,

Thank you very much for posting your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am glad to see that you were satisfied with our kind staff and your apartment exceeded your expectations.

I am sorry for hearing your taxi experience, but for our guests we always recommend our contracted taxi company, because according to the taxi situation in Budapest, that’s the safest solution. From last September all the taxi companies should work with the same tariffs, but unfortunately this is a big challenge for Budapest.

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your Mamaison experience and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,