The hotel is well located, being just a few blocks from the subway. I arrived after injuring my leg and the hotel was nice enough to lend me a crutch. This was very useful to assist me getting around Budapest. The hotel receptionist was pleasant and really helpful with tourist information. The hotel has a shared laundry and gym.
The room we booked was a two bedroom room with double/queen size beds. The room was larger than we expected and contained a full kitchen and a lounge room with two sofas. The tv had a version of discovery in English in addition to the normal English news channels. The bedrooms were both spacious and both contained TVs. and both had their own bathrooms. These are also large and have been well maintained.
The only disappointing note was we allowed the hotel to book us a taxi when we left for the station rather than call one ourselves. The hotel quoted a slightly higher price than our previous trip but if it was at the lower end of the price it was still reasonable. We noticed half way through the ride that the taxi had his meter off. We were charged the maximum rate the hotel quoted when we arrived at the station. This was double the price that we paid on our way to the hotel. It became obvious to us that the taxi driver had asked the receptionist what price he quoted and charged us that. Although still not as bad as the unlicensed taxis and it was under $8 AUD more than we expected it was disappointing after an otherwise nice stay.
Although I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again however I would be booking my own taxi next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Mamaison Residence Izabella is literally steps away from Andrássy Avenue, a classified UNESCO World Heritage Site. Contemporary and unique, the hotel is both charming and convenient, and the prefect choice . Recently renovated, Mamaison Residence Izabella is in close proximity to the Budapest Business Centre, West End business district and Governmental area, and therefore know as the perfect business hotel in Budapest. It offers 38 fully-equipped suites with a welcoming atmosphere and refined design in the heart of Budapest, where also families feel at home, for short and long stays. For concerts, performances and other events in Budapest we recommend our partner GoToHungary. Mamaison Residence Izabella boasts 38 fully equipped suites (45-97sqm), Full-sized kitchens, Suites with one, two or three bedrooms, Fitness centre with sauna and infrasauna, Complimentary WIFI, business centre and facilities, Charming inside courtyard, Underground garage parking, Children's corner, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Mamaison Residence Izabella Hotel Budapest