There are many good things to say about Izabella - the staff were lovely, extremely helpful and charming. The location is excellent and the rooms are spacious. The handwritten notes of welcome were a very nice touch.
The problems we had were to do with our expectations which were determined by the website and the language used to describe the room when we chose this hotel. The term used to describe our room was deluxe - now that suggests something at least a little luxurious. We discovered that the hotel has five levels of room and we were in the level one up from the bottom. The room was large and the kitchen/dining/lounge area was great, it was spotlessly clean but it was basic and somewhat spartan. We had requested a twin bedded room which we were told might not be possible. The hotel tried very hard to accommodate that request by setting up a single fold-up bed in the lounge area. This would have been excellent but I defy anyone to sleep on the mattress that came with this bed - it was biscuit thin, impossibly uncomfortable and painfully lumpy, so one of us slept on the sofa for four nights. Not a deluxe experience!! The double bed in the bedroom was an improvement but was still very uncomfortable - some investment in good mattresses would be very worthwhile. We also had not been made aware that there would be no servicing of the room for the duration of our stay, save for emptying the bins. It does not matter but it would be better to know this before arrival.
The bathroom was very clean but smelt musty and damp and the towels were thin and very small for bath towels.
Breakfast overall was not good. Temperamental coffee machine, dreadful scrambled egg, greasy cold bacon, limited fresh fruit. Choices of tea were good.
We had hoped for a better experience because of the expectations we had. It has to be said once again that the staff were great and none of the above comments relate to the way we were looked after by them. It's the standard of the room and the lack of comfort that caused the problem. It's just not what we expected and we were disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Mamaison Residence Izabella is literally steps away from Andrássy Avenue, a classified UNESCO World Heritage Site. Contemporary and unique, the hotel is both charming and convenient, and the prefect choice for your Budapest hotel reservation. Recently renovated, Mamaison Residence Izabella is in close proximity to the Budapest Business Centre, West End business district and Governmental area, and therefore know as the perfect business hotel in Budapest. At the same time, with a vast range of specialised facilities and services, it offers 38 fully-equipped suites with a welcoming atmosphere and refined design in the heart of Budapest, where also families feel at home, for short and long stays. For concerts, performances and other events in Budapest we recommend our partner GoToHungary. Mamaison Residence Izabella boasts 38 fully equipped suites (45-97sqm), Full-sized kitchens, dining areas and living rooms, Suites with one, two or three bedrooms, Fitness centre with sauna and infrasauna, Complimentary WIFI, business centre and facilities, Charming inside courtyard, Underground garage parking, Children's corner, Convenient proximity to city highlights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Mamaison Residence Izabella Hotel Budapest