This place was perfect for the two of us. We prefer to walk as much as we can on a city break (my dodgy joints permitting), so we had no issues with location as mentioned by some reviewers. It's about 20 minutes gentle stroll to the Chain Bridge, 15 - 20 mins to Heroes Park and Szechenyi Baths, about 5 - 7 mins to the Opera (well worth a tour even if you don't see a performance) and 2 mins from the Museum of Terror, which is a must-visit.
There are plenty of restaurants within easy reach, including those on Liszt Ferenc Ter which are clearly touristy but very welcoming and just fine.
The hotel itself was just right for our needs. The staff were friendly and very helpful at all times and didn't seem to mind me snoring in reception as we waited for our transfer back to the airport. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the kitchen area providing everything you need provided you're not planning on throwing a dinner party during your stay. So you can buy stuff for breakfast from the shop around the corner (left out of the hotel and left again at Andrassy for a block or two) rather than buy from the hotel or a cafe.
But it all depends on what you need from a hotel in the end. This is not a 5 star luxury palace and neither is it pretending to be. But it's comfortable, clean, roomy and welcoming and everything in the room works just fine. We would recommend this hotel to anybody and would definitely stay here again. Great value for money too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale Mamaison Residence Izabella is literally steps away from Andrássy Avenue, a classified UNESCO World Heritage Site. Contemporary and unique, the hotel is both charming and convenient, and the prefect choice for your Budapest hotel reservation. Recently renovated, Mamaison Residence Izabella is in close proximity to the Budapest Business Centre, West End business district and Governmental area, and therefore know as the perfect business hotel in Budapest. At the same time, with a vast range of specialised facilities and services, it offers 38 fully-equipped suites with a welcoming atmosphere and refined design in the heart of Budapest, where also families feel at home, for short and long stays. For concerts, performances and other events in Budapest we recommend our partner GoToHungary. Mamaison Residence Izabella boasts 38 fully equipped suites (45-97sqm), Full-sized kitchens, dining areas and living rooms, Suites with one, two or three bedrooms, Fitness centre with sauna and infrasauna, Complimentary WIFI, business centre and facilities, Charming inside courtyard, Underground garage parking, Children's corner, Convenient proximity to city highlights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Mamaison Residence Izabella Hotel Budapest