“Perfectly fine, reliable, yet average hotel experience”

Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest
Ranked #116 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel when on business in Budapest. The location was perfect for me, as
my meetings were exactly across the street. If not for its location, convenient for me, I would not likely have stayed there. Not that there is anything really wrong with the hotel, it is just that it is absolutely average. Uninspiring. Staff not falling over themselves to help. On the plus side, the rooms are clean, if a bit run down, the hotel has a pool (not used it on this short trip), and the breakfast was nice. Except for coffee, which was a let down, especially considering the excellent coffee elsewhere in Budapest. Overall, no major surprises, it is a reliable bet. But if you want a romantic trip to Budapest chose another location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your comments with us on this website.

I am happy to read that you had overall a pleasant stay with us and you were satisfied with our breakfast service. Your feedback is very important for us as it is a vital way to make improvements.

Once again thank you for your review. I trust we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Sales and Marketing Department

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here during a long weekend in the city, the hotel is in a ok location, a few minutes by taxi to the main attractions, the rooms are clean and tidy but not much else to be said for it. Rooms are ok but could do with freshening up, reception was ok, not overly helpful. We didn't eat in the hotel during our stay as there was not incentive to do so, so we went out for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The bar lacked atmosphere so we didn't us it. However saying all that, if you are just looking for a cheap base for your time in the city, it's an ok option.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I am very glad to read that your general impression of the hotel and the guestrooms are good and you found our location great. However, I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to make you feel valued and cared for during your stay. We are continuously working hard to ensure that all our guests are made to feel very welcome.

I do hope that despite of your mixed experience, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The hotel furniture looks so old.
the bathroom it looks so old.
The hotel has no aircon so we are advise to open the windows by the house keeper.
The one staff was not so nice when my friend asked for a slippers the kady wasnt happy when she gave it. The hotel is actually nearby the train station.
tge swimming pool looks so oldn needi g a renovation as wellas the bathroom

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after staying with us.

I am delighted to see that you found our location to be great to discover the city. On the other hand, I was very sorry to learn from your comment that you were quite disappointed with your recent stay. We are very concerned about our guests’ overall experience and therefore would like you to be aware of the fact that all departments have been informed about the specific remarks you made and all your comments will be discussed in the departmental meetings.

I hope that the next time you visit Budapest, you will allow us to show the effort that we put into making you feel comfortable and welcomed.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, booked on a 3 nights for price of 2 offer so really good value. In good location near metro / tram stop. Booking included breakfast which had a wide choice, hotel has its own coffee shop which had some excellent cakes! Overall no issues with hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind comment left on Tripadvisor about your recent stay.

I was glad to see that our hotel and our breakfast service met your expectations and you had overall a pleasant stay with us. I am really happy that you liked the cakes in our Zsolnay Café.

I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

hotel location is very central and have very good service. There was a problem with door that didn't shut down but it was fixed very quickly. The food in breakfast really delicious and I'll definitely go back to this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. This is an honour to receive such a positive feedback about the hotel, the breakfast and the personnel.

I hope we may have the pleasure again to host you at our hotel.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The location was perfect! It was close to many attractions and short 5 min walk to the nearest metro station. The staff was super friendly and helpful! I had arranged, through the hotel, for a car to pick us up at the airport and the hotel staff made that task very easy and they were very attentive with email responses and confirmations. The driver was there as soon as we got off the plane and there wasn't any issues.

The hotel was beautiful from the outside and the lobby, so I do have to say that I was a little disappointed in the room itself. It was very small and slightly dated. On the plus side, it was the only hotel on our trip that didn't limit how cold you could make your room. Being an American, I really appreciated being able to turn the temperature lower than 74 in July!! You get an extra star just for that!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Let me thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences with the travelling community.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and from the guestroom to the service provided by our staff met or even exceeded your expectations. It is really nice to hear that you found our location to be great to discover our beautiful capital even on foot.

I would like to thank you once again for having chosen our hotel and hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My partner and I stayed here in March. The hotel itself is in a very popular and busy area of Budapest. It was within walking distance to quite a bit of stuff. The hotel is an older property that has been well maintained. The room was average sized.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the busy street; otherwise, you will run the risk of hearing the tram run by...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your comments about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

It is great to see that your general impression of our hotel and the guest room is good and we managed to meet your needs. I am very glad to hear that you found our location just perfect.
Thank you very much for staying with us. I do hope we may have the pleasure again to host you at our hotel.