“Good hotel good location”

Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest
Ranked #104 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Canada
“Good hotel good location”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Room comfortable, beds good but a bit hard, bathroom good with tub. The only complaint is the air conditioner seems to work but the room is still way too hot.
The breakfast I think is too expensive at 17euros per person. I can't imagine eating enough to pay for that. However, they do have free coffee and croissants in the lobby in the morning if you like really really strong coffee. We ended up going down the street to McDonalds for the coffee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue29
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your positive review about your recent stay in our hotel.

I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with the comfort of your room and your general impression of the hotel was good as well. I also would like to thank you for your kind suggestions regarding our breakfast offer. I will definitely forward it to our Management for consideration.

Once again thank you for your review. I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Sales and Marketing Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good location beside the main train station. We did not eat in the hotel so I cannot comment on food. The room was bright, bi and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the wi-fi worked, if a little slow. I would suggest if you are in Budapest for a few days, buy a 3 day transport ticket in the airport. This will get you to 5 minutes from the hotel and covers all transport in the city ( only about €15). This hotel is ideal for seeing the sites. There is a Tesco 5 minutes away if you need to buy any small items.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that our hotel, the comfort of your room and the services met your expectations and you had overall a pleasant stay with us.

I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and hope to welcome you again.

North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2013

While we understand European standards are different, and have traveled all over the world-,we were disappointed in this hotel. It's off the beaten track and dated. No exhaust fans - couldn't get room cooled - we had to move our beds ourselves to create king vs two twins- which mean moving night stands etc. they play a video over and over of all their lovely rooms around the world which only made this one even shabbier. The breakfast area was over crowded and there werent seats - buffet was picked over and food was cold. 2nd morning was better- but not much I'm afraid. So many nice hotels in Budapest- they needto update and work on their food areas

Room Tip: Ask for a view --we looked at a roof--
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay in Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

I am really sad to hear that you did not find the comfort of your room enjoyable. We are continuously working hard to ensure that all our guests are made to feel very welcome and to improve our high standards of services.

I am also sorry to see that you were not satisfied with our breakfast buffet offer. We are very concerned about our guests’ experience and therefore please be aware of that fact that our department have been informed about the remarks you made.

I really hope that despite of your disappointment, we have the opportunity to welcoming you again at our hotel in the future.

Warragul, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have read several negative reviews of this hotel but I do not know what some travelers expect...gold plated taps and more...? We travel extensively and slept from camps to Hiltons or Hyats and this hotel is an excellent choice in Budapest. Budapest has very good public transport (free to seniors) and from this hotel you can go anywhere you like. There is a big shopping center near by (if you care to walk 5 minutes!) with top food court. The hotel staff is english speaking and very attentive. Our room was perfect. What else to say. Love to go there again.

Room Tip: Join Club Carlson and use points. Top value.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pavel2341
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all let me thank you for your kind feedback about your stay in Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

I was pleased to read that our hotel and staff could live up your expectations in every aspect and you had a wonderful time in Budapest.

Again, thank you for staying with us. I do hope we may have the pleasure again to host you in our hotel in the future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hotel is in the heart of the city on a main street and is close to the underground metro station and train station. Service is good. Room are a little small but they are OK based on its location. Hotel also provided drop off service to the train station.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your comments about your stay in Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

I am happy to read that you had a great stay with us and all the services provided by our staff met with your expectations. I am also delighted to see that you considered our location to be great to discover the beautiful city.

I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and I hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Tripadvisor requires a rating so I have given one, the only positive aspect is that the rooms were clean. A late booking had been made via an internet hotel site for a Superior Room, as I was near the hotel I checked if the booking was in order and also requested a quiet room. The person on reception in common with other colleagues in the hotel never smiled nor appeared particularly interested, this I found very unusual as I have stayed many times at Radisson's in other countries and the staff are always friendly and helpful. On return later in the day I again asked was it a quiet room and was told it was , what I got was the exact opposite.

While the room was large, it was boiling hot and the air con didn't work, the windows wouldn't open nor would they close properly either. So all night long we were treated to the noise of trams and cars speeding past outside on one of the city's busiest avenues. The guests in the next door room had the music on very loud at 0400, to be fair reception did knock on their door and that stopped but - how can I put this delicately - they were very noisy in other ways!! In the morning I plugged in the electric kettle and blew the power in the room, this was sorted quickly but I was "told off" for using the wrong socket. It seems you are supposed to know that some sockets in the room are not fused. You may think at this point that nothing else could go wrong, but read on!

Another room was requested in the morning and we were told to leave our bags and they would be transferred,on return that evening the bags hadn't been moved and we were invited to move them ourselves. When I asked for an explanation I got a vacant stare. While the alternative room was quiet, clean with air con that did work it was small and not a superior as had been paid for, no apology was forthcoming. On checkout the next morning I asked the porter if our bags could be put in left luggage, again that vacant stare and "I don't know anything about this", what's to know, its a simple request. I had to ask a manager to intervene. Finally on leaving a younger porter showed us to a taxi, helped with the bags and smiled. What is wrong at this hotel?
Would you pay to stay here?

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here at all!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Fingalflyer
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your stay in Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

I am very sorry to learn from your comment that not every service were up to your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and let me ensure you that we are doing every effort we can to improve our services.

Regarding the location of your room, I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with it. Unfortunately the high occupancy on that day didn’t allow to provide you a more quiet room on the first night.

I do really sorry that you had experienced some technical problems with the air conditioning. I forwarded your comment to our Maintenance Department to fix the issue without delay.

I hope that despite of your mixed experience we will have the opportunity to welcoming you at the Radisson Blu Béke Hotel again.

Sales and Marketing Department

Travelers are raving about these Budapest hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have been here 3 days long, it was very very good. The staff were lovely, our rooms were wonderful, it was a very good experience. We have had a big breakfast, and a good quality of foods.The location is also good, just a bit noisy. We will come again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends