“great place for downtown budapest” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest

Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest
Ranked #105 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Toronto, Canada
“great place for downtown budapest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed 3 nights here, and was well pleased. Room was quite large and quiet ( rear facing....front faces street and could be noisy!). Good if small bathroom. Decent buffet breakfast but it was often crowded. Helpful and friendly staff. Great location for walking mto Basilica, shopping,the Oktagon and all public transport.

Room Tip: rear rooms for quiet!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind and positive comment left on Tripadvisor about your stay with us. I am sincerely happy to read that our hotel lived up to your expectation and you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel. Your review regarding the breakfast will be forwarded to the relevant supervisor.
We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the near future!

PR Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel for a girls weekend away.
Location
The hotel was centrally located and was within walking distance of many of the sights. YThe downside was that it was near the railway station and the street outside had a lot of vagrants sleeping on benches. The sordid side of life was visible everywhere in the city but pretty obvious on this street.
Accommodation
The twin room was large enough and the bathroom was adequate with a very powerful over bath shower. The room was extremely warm so we needed to leave air conditioning on all night. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of cold and hot food. The bar served nice bar food and augmented it with food from restaurant which was served in the bar.
Staff
Most staff were very pleasant but the check in was a little stiff and unfriendly compared to bar and restaurant staff.

General
Security in budapest would appear to be an issue and hotel staff were excellent procuring taxis and sorting out fares etc. We found Airport staff to be very rude and not at all pleasant.
Most museums are closed on a monday so schedule visit accordingly if thats your interst

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor website. I am very glad to hear that you found our property centrally located and you were satisfied with our service, breakfast and rooms. The security of our guests is really important for us we do our best to ensure it.

We are really sad that you have mixed feelings regarding the city. I trust we can look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in Budapest and then you will be amazed by our beautiful capital.

Illinois City, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

After a great stay in the Saltzburg, AU Radison Blu, we decided to book the Budapest RB for our last 2 nights of our 3 months in Hungary. It was a disappointment.
Check in was smooth, but stiff, little friendliness included. Room was clean and well maintained except the shower head that kept sliding down the pole. Would have been great if I was 3 feet tall. The room was European small with a hard bed and no comfortable place to sit down. The view was as good as you will get away from the river. Access to the Budapest mass transit is good. You are a 5 minute walk from a stop for trams 4 & 5. It’s about a 8 minute walk to the major metro hub and a Hop on Hop off stop. We do not mind being cheek to cheek with the good people of Budapest so it was not a problem for us. If it is for you, use taxis, bring your own car or pick a different hotel. Their parking is expensive, but good. Went down to the pool and found everything locked up tight. No joy.
The air conditioning did not work in our room. We asked at the front desk to have it looked into. They did not. Reminded them that afternoon. Still no service. When we returned that even in they said it had been addressed. It had not. We did not sleep well because of the heat. The window opens about 5 inches, but there could be no cross ventilation and then you have all the street noise, which was considerable.
I really needed a good night’s rest before flying back to the states the next day. I did not get it. It was a disappointment.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Myra W
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor website. We very much appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms.

However I was really sorry to learn that you were quite disappointed with your recent stay and would apologise for the fact that you have not received a response to the issue.

We do very much hope you will find the time and opportunity to return to our property and that we can regain your confidence.

Kind Regards,
PR Manager

Travelers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel during my recent business trip. I've used to stay in Radisson's in the UK and Ireland and I'm sorry to say this one is not up to the standard. Starting from the beginning, the lobby and the front desk doesn't look inviting (although its purely a matter of a personal taste). The checkin itself was fine and the start nice and friendly. The room... Well, definitely spacious (business class) with a nice flat screen and nespresso machine. King size bad rather average, not as comfortable as I would expect. From unknown reasons there were two small duvets instead a single, large one. Also the pillows seemed to be old and flat, instead of giving a good support to your head. Up to that, the bathroom... So tiny in comparison to the rest of the room! It was a pain to take the shower (in the bathtub) as I was hitting the tap constantly.

As I've mentioned, I was on the business trip and the Internet access was a must for me. Although the hotel provides free wireless Internet, it's quality is poor. My iPhone and iPad were dropping the connection if I moved too deep into the room. Moreover, from some reason (firewall??) neither iMessage nor FaceTime worked.

So, to sum up - hotel is nicely located downtown Budapest but definitely you can find better options in the area. Especially if you're traveling in business.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom T
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay.
I do really sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations in certain aspect.
I have to agree that the style is really up to someone taste, the majority of our guest is impressed by the lobby area. I am really sorry that you didn’t find the reception desk inviting.
We are really happy that you were satisfied with the flat TV and the Nespresso machine in your room. Concerning the wireless Internet connection it is true that the signal strength may vary due to building conditions. Thanks for your review about the firewall I have of course forwarded it to the IT manager for his attention.
I do hope that despite your mixed experiences, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel at some point in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with a group of friends and whilst we did enjoy our visit I have given the hotel a poor rating as there were some aspects which did not meet the "100% satisfaction guaranteed " (Radisson document). Our dissatisfaction concerns mainly the lack of room facilities. Unfortunately the DK Eyewitness Travel guide which my wife and myself have been trusting for years has let us down on this occasion. It describes the hotel as ".....now equipped with the latest facilities" One would assume that if this was the case then the basic facilities would also be provided.The issues that this international chain of hotels needs to address are;
1 Not all rooms have tea making facilities. This is something that my wife and myself consider important when returning to a hotel after a full day sightseeing.We stayed on the third floor and when we enquired were told that the electricity needed upgrading and the only thing that we could do was move rooms, if one was available (this on the second day of a short break after we had unpacked)
Our friends who had the same package were located on the seventh floor and had this facility.
It appears that this problem is not solely confined to the third floor, so if this is important to check it out before you book.
2 Given the situation above you might question why we were not forewarned by check-in staff on arrival and offered complementary tea / coffee ?
3 For an international "4 star" hotel to have only one draft beer on offer is disappointing.On requesting a glass of draft we were given a bottle of unchilled beer. When declining this and emphasising that what we requested was draft beer we were told that the refrigeration unit had broken down and it was not possible for the hotel to say when it would be fixed. This was Thursday evening and had still not been fixed by the time we checked out on the Monday afternoon.
This is one of the best known hotels in Budapest, situated near the Metro, trams and railway station. The rooms were ok, apart from the peeling wallpaper in one area and the lack of tea making described above. The breakfasts were also ok, offering cold buffet and hot food. Generally the staff were ok even though smiling was an option not taken by many of them. I have however to single out two staff members who should been given further training in customer care. One (the Conceriere, of all people) was plain rude to some customers. The other, a member of the breakfast staff, when asked to top up the milk jug refused, pointing to an urn at the far end of the breakfast room.
Last piece of advise - There are two breakfast areas. If the weather is warm don't use the Shakespeare room as it has no windows and based on our experience there can be no guarantee that the air conditioning (if there any) or ventilation is working. Just tell the person on the door that you are meeting your friends in the other room.
"100% Guaranteed" - not quite.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated on a busy road with trams starting at 04.00. Best not to book a room fronting...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Irishrambler186470
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback concerning your stay at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel and taking the time to post your review.

I was really happy to read you enjoyed your time in Budapest and you have a great generous opinion about our property. Regarding the coffee making facilities I have to clear the situation. We observed an electrical problem in our system and in our view it was the best solution was to remove them from some rooms on the 3rt and 4th floor. You are completely right that my colleagues should offer a complimentary tea or coffee in the Zsolnay Café and we are terribly sorry that they haven’t done this.

I am really sorry that you had experienced some technical failure in our bar. I would like to inform you that the maintenance is carried out by the bier company and we are not able to do these works. In such a case we have to await this team and I am really sad to hear that this process had taken such a long time.

Dear Guest, thank you for staying with us at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel. I hope that despite your mixed feelings, we will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Malmo Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed w my kids in a huge corner suite, we also had a standard room for our p.a. The room was spotlessly clean, style a bit dated. Beds were very comfy.
We had the most fantastic cakes in the afternoon in the cafe and the service was great.
The hotel is close to the station and a large shoppingcenter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind comment left on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel, Budapest. I am sincerely happy to read that you find our rooms spacious and spotless. Your review about the cakes is highly appreciated, we are really proud of our Zsolnay Café.

Once again, thank you for your patronage. I do hope to have the opportunity to hosting you again in the future.

Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed one night and attended a work seminar at the Radisson Blu Beke Hotel in Budapest. I had a spacious and clean room with a comfortable bed. Therefore I am overall satisfied. I could not help noticing that the decor is rather dated although nicely kept. I had dinner in the Olive restaurant as well as a buffet during the work shop. The food was mostly prefabricated garnished with some vegetables and sauce, so that was no great experience. The breakfeast was fine and the one good thing was that there was a nespresso machine for use during the work shop, so the coffee was good. My final comments are regarding the pool and the fitness facilities in the basement. That is basically a joke. Why don't hotels write how small their pools are, so travellers who prefer swimming as excercise don't get dissapointed time after time.

Room Tip: Choose the no-smoking floor
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to take opportunity to thank you very much for a positive note especially the breakfast and the Nespresso coffee machine. I am sincerely happy to read that you were overall satisfied with you room.

Regarding the swimming pool I would like to inform you that the size of it meets the requirements of the Hungarian Hotel Association. We are really sorry that you were disappointed.

Big thank you for letting us know of your review that is a big help to exceed our guests’ needs.

Kind Regards,