“Ok if your after a budget stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Mediterran

Ranked #84 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
cumbria
“Ok if your after a budget stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on stag visit which is the type of visit I would say this property fits into. Check in was ok but receptionist had no communication to offer advice on area etc. The rooms were reasonable, clean but as in other reviews would benefit from tea/coffee making equipment and better pillows.
The area around hotel is mainly a duel carraigeway and commercial buildings.
There is a pub near to hotel that is very good for food with excellant pizza etc ( turn right out of hotel and two ins walk).
We were going into various locations on both sides of river and taxis back to hotel were quiet expensive. Ask for price before setting off.
Overall this hotel was fine for stag groups or similar but I wouldnt stay with my wife for a nice city visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank HareCumbria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
dunfermline
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

we had a pleasant stay at the hotel mediterran in budapest. the room was clean tidy and of adequate size for the purpose of our stay. although it is based out of the city centre it is only a 5 minute bus journey into the city where everything can be found from retraunts to pubs etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ally b
HotelMediterran, Manager at Hotel Mediterran, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear ally b,

Thank you for your kind review about our hotel! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. We are located 2 km from the city centre and as you write it the direct bus takes you to the central area in 5 minutes. Also night buses come to the hotel during night. Thank you again for sharing your experience with tripadvisor readers and I hope to welcome you in Mediterran Hotel again in the near future!

Best regards,

Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I am sure that the weekend in Budapest would not be so pleasant without the service and kindness of the staff at the Hotel Mediterran.

You can arrive directly from the highway to the street Budaorsi and then straight into the garage, which is located under the hotel. Leaving your car on the streets in the middle of Budapest isn’t the safest thing, if you're a tourist. We were welcomed very friendly at the reception and then we were placed in our room. A bright, fresh and comfortable room is simply pure poetry after a long journey. We want to thank the staff who made sure that we felt comfortable. With such large rooms one would expect the temperatures are lower, but on the contrary, we were able to dress very lightly in the bedroom. And for the dessert we got a large bathroom, which had unlimited hot water, mmmm ... just for this you deserve another star ;) I will never forget this. We want to thank all the cooks and the waiters who made sure our bellies were always full. We all know that well-being results from having delicious food and friendly service. We took the opportunity to try out the romantic evening with the Jacuzzi and sauna. A little observation about that though, you could have a bigger selection in music :)

We want to thank all that have contributed in creating wonderful and unforgettable memories in Budapest. See you soon!

1 Thank Jasmina_981
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Having read somé of the reviews of the Mediterran we feel they are very unfair. We arrived on 15th December and had a room with a king size bed and a sofa bed as well. The gentleman behind the reception was very friendly and helpful. Fair enough the hotel isn't in the centre of town, but then we weren't paying centre of town prices. The bus stop was close and buses were regular, we just bought a single ticket each time to take us into town. Although there were no tea and coffee facilities in the room, we just used to pop down to reception and we would be able to get a cuppa very quickly, it wasn't an issue at all.
The only thing I would say was that the list of TV channels in the information pack did not reflect the tv channels on the tv eg MTV wasn't Channel 1, there was only one music channel and it wasn't MTV. And whilst you don't come on holiday to watch TV, if you are having a rest or waiting for your partner to have a shower it is nice to pop the tv on in the room.
The room was ok and was cleaned daily, and the shower was one of the most powerful I've ever used, it was brilliant.
When we were leaving yesterday, the gentleman on reception was kind enough to tell us that there had been an accident on the way to the airport and we should set off for the airport early. We had booked a shuttlebus (well worth it!!) and he phoned to find out what time it would arrive at the hotel, something he didn't have to do.
All in all we had a great time and we believe some of the reviews are very harsh. I would agree that this isn't comparable to a 4 star hotel rating in the UK, BUT it was clean, in an accessible position for town, lovely pub two minutes walk away so we were very happy.

Thank you!!! Liz and Darren Malone

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AuntieBiz
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I chose Mediterran Hotel because it offered a very good value for money. I searched for other hotels at the same price and same criteria but I didn’t find. After my first stay I am sure I will go back, and I choose this hotel again for many other good reasons, not only the price: nice and clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast, parking place and really close to the center! I usually don’t like to walk too much BUT in our first evening we missed the bus that takes to the center and we decided to take a walk in that direction. 20 min walk and we were in the centre of Budapest at the foot of the Elisabeth bridge! So I can say if you are not a lazy person and you want to discover Budapest, not only to stay in the hotel to find a tiny spot on the door or I don’t know what else ( I am sure at home you have same spot but you refuse to see it), choose Mediterran. I was very satisfied and I cant wait to visit Budapest again. Thank you for the hospitality Hotel Mediterran!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMediterran, Manager at Hotel Mediterran, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear CRISTI T,

Thank you for your thorough review, highlighting all the important things you liked about our hotel! I am sure it will help other tripadvisor users to decide when they look for accommodation in Budapest! Thank you for recommending us and spending time on writing your positive comments!

Best regards from Budapest,

Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Imagine; small 4 starr hotel, great friendly staff ready to help at any hour 24/7, nice clean rooms, private garrage for only 10 eur per day, in Central Budapest!!!... private jacuzzi room in a basement with sauna, staff got it ready at midnight just for us, very romantic, with the candles and they brought us a bottle of sparkling wine on ice, it was my girlfriends birthday...nice easy walk to the main Vaci street took us 17 minutes, on the way back local bus did the job in 5 minutes...room for 50€ or less if you are lucky with online booking for sure gives you best price performance in town..
If you are star collector go to 5 stars hotel, you will get there one star more and bell man will park and turn your car. If you are negative person and you see things black milions of stars on the sky can't help you. Thank you guys again for all the details which made our birthday celebration unforgettable. We'll be back soon!

1 Thank Rozle
Dear Rozle,

I was fascinated by your literary review, I appreciate it so much! Thank you for sharing your experience about Hotel Mediterran with all the Tripadvisor users! It has been a pleasure for us to welcome you in our hotel on your birthday and we hope we will have you back many more times!

Friendly regards from Budapest,

Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Mediterran for a short, 2nights city visit with my
friend. I don't understand the bad comments here. I must admit I was a
bit worried after reading them. But after all we had a very pleasant
stay. The room was clean and nice, the breakfast has good selection,
they prepare egg food freshly, according to the taste. The reception
always ready to help. The television in the room was a bit old
fashioned, but we came to Budapest to see the sights, not the tv
program. We had to request two more pillows for the room, but they
gave us in a second. The sights are about 10 minutes away by public
transportation, and they have tickets at the desk.
And you must try the jacuzzi...

It was a great value for the costs!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reniiiiiii,

Reading your satisfied review about our hotel I only can say biiiig thank you, and also I hope you already have an idea about returning to Budapest soon, so that we can welcome you again in Mediterran! :)

Kind regards,