“Good value for money”
Review of Hotel Mediterran

Hotel Mediterran
Ranked #86 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful and makes you feel welcomed. The breakfast is not that diverse but the food is good. Where the rooms are concerned I was a little disappointed as my room was not quite clean (the carpets were very dirty and not all the towels had been changed). Another thing I noticed is that they do not have matrimonial beds just two beds put together. As for the location, the hotel is situated very close to Gellert hill so the location is convenient.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Octapuspus
HotelMediterran, Manager at Hotel Mediterran, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Octapuspus,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us and all the visitors of Tripadvisor! I am proud that our staff made your stay convenient and you felt welcomed!
Let me reflect on the negative things you experienced. I am so sorry to read you were dissapointed about the cleanliness of the carpet in your room. We have a busy season behind us when major cleanings like wet carpet clean was hard to organize. I assure you that right these days we started the grand clean-up of all our rooms, including wet carpet clean. We close a whole floor during this work, moving furniture and beds aside, to reach every little corner and tidy up, also the bathroom.
About beds: we do have matrimonial bed room, 10 out of the total 40 rooms. It is likely that during your stay those rooms were occupied by other clients. I can see that many of our guests mention it as a disadvantage, so I am ready to rearrange rooms and set more matrimonial mattresses.

Thank you again for your comment! It helped a lot to improve our service for the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I loved the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, which offers its guests more than they asked for, which makes the entire stay unforgotable and causes that guests feel very special :)
Besides, the food was good and the bar was great too :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Reniiiii

Dear Reniiiiii,

I am happy and proud to see that you were 100% satisfied with our personal service and hospitality even during your second stay in Hotel Mediterran! I wish and hope to welcome you in our Hotel many times in 2013 too!

Thank you again and all the best to you!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

In this Hotel all the guest feel himself at home... very kind and friendly staff, service is excellent, the room are clean, silent and comfortable. Take only one bus, to the downtown... Everybody very helpful... What else anybody need to the perfect holiday? :-)))

Thanks to the director and the staff for this wonderful stay in the Hotel Mediterran!
I OFFER ALL VISITORS TO BUDAPEST!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Farkas K

Dear Farkas K,

What a nice recommendation from you!! Thank you so much for encouraging all theTripadvisor readers to stay at Hotel Mediterran! Hope to see you again soon and treat you with the same warm hospitality!

Thank you again and of course I will forward your nice words to all the Mediterran staff!

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is located near center. The staff are courteous , friendly and kind, they do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable, nothing is too much trouble.
The accommodation is clean and comfortable with all the amenities you would expect from a **** hotel. I cannot fault this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. Great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank NataliaPitut

Dear Natalia,

I am so much thankful to you for spending your time and sharing all the nice things you experienced in Hotel Mediterran. This will defenitely help other tripadvisor fans to choose our hotel as their future accommodation when visiting Budapest.

Please let us know about your next planned stay in Budapest so we can welcome you again with pleasure!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked 5 nights for me and my family at this hotel for a short relaxing city break and it was just perfect. Close to the city center, cosy hotel and friendly staff,clean rooms and good breakfast. In one word PREFECT.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alineask

Dear Alineask,

Your perfect rating means a lot for us, so let my explain how thankful I am for your comment!

I hope you can repeat your visit during the summertime , when there are so many things for you to discover about Budapes! You are always welcome at Hotel Mediterran!

Best regards,

dti

Reviewed November 25, 2012

No problems with the room - it was clean, the beds large and comfy, as our room was situated at the rear of the hotel so it was quiet. The breakfast was good but as others have pointed out it was not convenient for Pest which is the main tourist area. However I suspect that a hotel in that area would be much more expensive. To walk takes about 40 mins or one can catch the bus nearby.
The Reception staff are very helpful and as we were only there for 3 nights and spent all the days sightseeing so coming back to the hotel each evening was not a problem. I would however not recommend a taxi as the one we had took a long detour and charged 5000 HUF.
We bought tickets for Hop on Hop off Green Point tour which included a river trip plus various discount vouchers which were good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Oldtuggo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed in Hotel Mediterran in February 2012. We arrived after 10pm and the first room we were allocated had not been cleaned. We returned to reception to advise the young man on duty who came to inspect our room and promptly moved us to another. The rooms are basic but comfortable. We were there during the big freeze (-15 degrees during day) and were able to adjust the heating system in room so we were never cold at night. Staff are lovely. I forgot to bring a european plug with us and the man on reception was able to get me one from the hotel which he said I could keep until we checked out. The hotel is outside the city centre but the bus stop is only couple of minutes from hotel and buses travel every 10 mins or so. The reception staff were brilliant for information on bus times and general tourist info. Didn't eat at hotel so cannot comment on food but the restaurant/bar on the corner was lovely. We got engaged in that bar during our stay so both hotel and bar will always have good memories. If you want a hotel at a reasonable price with good local transport nearby, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple