“Good Hotel very friendly”
Review of Hotel Mediterran

Hotel Mediterran
Ranked #86 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel very friendly”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and found the receptionist staff very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. They gave us some good information on how to get the buses etc. The hotel room was very clean and spacious.A great location very close to the trams, buses and only 10 mins into the centre. Great shopping centre about 5-10 mins walk with lots of bars cafes and restaurants. We will be staying there again next december. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on 5th floor good views over hills tiny bit of noise due to main road outside but did...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelMediterran, Manager at Hotel Mediterran, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Jonathan W,

Thank you so much for commenting out hotel here on Tripadvisor! We cant wait to welcome you again in Hotel Mediterran next december, or even sooner! I am sure your nice review will help other travellers to choose our services in the future! Thank you again!

Kind regards,

Attila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Limerick
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We stayed in the Medeterran for 5 nights recently and I have to say this was excellent value for money. It is excellently served by public transport and all the staff are very helpful and friendly.The rooms are very neat and tidy and spotless as is everything about the place.As it was our first time in Budapest , on arrival we took a little time to get our bearings, but with the help of Gabor who gave us great tips and info that really helped us to get the most out of our stay. I would not hesitate in returning to both the Medeterran and Budapest in the future.

Sean and Kay-Limerick Ireland

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Sean and Kay,

Thank you for your nice words about our hotel! The Hotel Mediterran Staff will be of your service again when you come to Budapest next time

Gabor and me are sending our best wishes to you!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel, the room was clean & tidy it had a mini bar as well, the toilets were perfect with sufficient hot water facilities, and it had a hair dryer has well.
The receptionist was very friendly and helpful gave me advice on sightseeing and public transport in Budapest. Breakfast was excellent with variety of food items catering the needs of everyone.
Only disadvantage was my room i was staying was located next to a busy dual carriageway and a tram way so i could hear the noise of the vehicles. Other than that i would recommend it to anyone, try to book it along with a package deal like + hotel + breakfast at easy-jet then it will be very cheap

Room Tip: Request for a room thats not located by the side of the busy road because its a disturbance
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Thili_11,

It has been nice to read your praising words about our staff, the breakfast quality and the room equipment! I appreciate very much that you shared your experience with the visitors of Tripadvisor.

Our front side rooms are soundproofed, but of course garden side rooms are available for those who are more sensitive for noise. Our guests should ask at the reception for availability. Garden side rooms might cost extra, depending on the season and occupancy.

Hope to welcome you again soon in Hotel Mediterran and thank you again for your review!

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 20, 2011

How this hotel is rated 4 star is beyond my understanding.

Yes, it's clean and the SPA section is fairly ok even if it cost extra to use it. Wifi cost extra.

But the most minus is in the rooms. First impression when getting into the room was that no lights turned on as I put the room key in the key electric slot, had to look for light switch in the dark. The towels on the bed instead of the rack in the bathroom made it feel like a dorm hotel.
In my room the shower pressure was weak and I had ONLY the hot tap running and it was still not very warm, maybe 40 degrees celsius.
The beds... poor quality spring beds with some sort of paper sheet under the bed sheet. Pillow was absolutely useless as it was more a decoration pillow than an actual sleeping pillow.
The comforter was square shaped, 150 cm long maximum. Luckily I had two small 90 cm beds in my room so I could use both comforters since they were too short to cover a whole person.
Did not bother to check the tv channels as it was a small 14 inch Tv. No flat screen.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I booked this hotel for my brother who was supposed to be going to Budapest on a short trip.
After much researching and mulling over reviews for other more known hotels in the area I've decided to give this hotel a shot. My brother informed me that he liked both, the hotel and the staff who were courteous, helpful and all spoke decent English.
I liked the modern look and the clean looking rooms that appeared on the pictures. My brother sent me a picture of the front facade and if I get to it, it'll be uploaded into Trip Advisor or Expedia.
Other than that I would recommend this hotel for its service, convenience and amenities (they have a sauna and a jacuzzi type pool).
Close to everything but won't cost you arm and a leg.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
HotelMediterran, Manager at Hotel Mediterran, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear lonetracker,

First of all let me thank you your assistance and guide, helping your brother when choosing our Hotel! I am happy that the positive view you previously noticed about us is in accordance with the reality and your brother had a nice time in Budapest! Also thank you for mentioning our sauna and jacuzzi service and our competent, friendly staff. The picture you mentioned is already available on tripadvisor, thank you for uploading!
Hope we can welcome you or your brother again, or all your family with friends in Hotel Mediterran soon! :)

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We spent at hotel one day for our 2 days stay at Budapest. Hotel has a good location to visit city, with a tram or bus is possible very quickly to get into town. For people who prefer to travel around city I would recommend daily ticket – cheaper option.
For “walkers” is also very nice walk from hotel to Citadel.
Hotel rooms had been clean, and we had room with a garden view so there had been very silent environment. Hotel had also very pleasant and helpful staff – we received very good recommendation for our city walk. I would really recommend this hotel for short stay, especially because of very helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelMediterran, Manager at Hotel Mediterran, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear J K,

Let me express you my happiness about your comment you made on Tripadvisor.com! Thank you so much! Me and the staff of Hotel Mediterran will wait you back in Budapest, and hope that we can be of your service next time!

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We atayed at this hotel for three nights with family members. We found the room large, airy and all very clean. The staff were extremly friendly and were very helpful in helping us plan our time in Budapest in regard to travelling around and where the nearest bus stop was and places for eating. We found the local bar had very good plentiful food at very reasonable prices. The Red Hoppa Bus was excellent and the local bus very good for getting into the city. Budapest has lots to see and is easy to get around in and this hotel was a good location

Room Tip: Twin rooms usually larger, front room was a little noisy but compensated with a good view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelMediterran, Manager at Hotel Mediterran, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Lakeland35,

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it and I feel happy that you were satisfied with our staff and services! I hope you return to us soon, maybe in the near future. Programs never stop in Budapest! For example the Christmas market that starts in the middle of November is always a big event in the capital's life. And when you return to Hotel Mediterran after a long day in the bustling city I recommend you to relax in our sauna and jacuzzi services! Hope you can try it soon!

Thank you again and kind wishes from Hotel Mediterran,