“Kiza i Mara”

Ranked #144 of 189 Budapest B&B and Inns
Nis
“Kiza i Mara”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and we are very satisfied. The hotel was clean, small, but comfortable. Breakfast is classic, continental. The staff is extremely friendly and they speak English very good. It is easy to come to the hotel and it is close to the Metro and the city center. Good value for money. We'll come again. :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Szekesfehervar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 4 nights. It was very close to the center of the city. The price was low. The breakfast was a little bit poor. The staff was very kind and helpfull. We offer this hotel, if you want a cheap, but comfortable hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We were there for only one night but everything was okay. Nice accomodation, it was clean and cousy. The staff were very nice and they know english. Not so close to the city centre but there is a metro station nearby so it wasn't a big problem. All in all, not expensive and very good.

1 Thank Mateja O
Belgrade, null, Serbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. It is not so far from the city. It is very clean and warm place. Breakfast could be more various. But in general, it is very nice hotel, near the center of the city, very well connected to the most interesting places in Budapest by public transport. Personnel are kind.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ksenija F
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were on a low budget NYE small party vacation, and we stayed in the Fortuna City Hotel for 4 nights. The rooms were ok, clean and warm, but there was a lack of cold water (cold, not hot, mind you), or better yet there was very little to none cold water from the tap in the room. So that was a bit of a problem. Other than that, the hotel was great, and the staff was fabulous, very friendly and helpful.

It's a bit far from the centre of the city (5 metro stations to Deak Square), but the metro station is only 2-3 minutes from the hotel by walk, so that's a plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matija B
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We chose for our stay in Budapest Hotel RILA – due to the possibility of free parking in the hotel area. The accommodation was booked and paid in advance. We were informed after our arrival the hotel was full, and we were forced to stay in another hotel – hotel FORTUNA – approximately 5 minutes by walk from hotel RILA. Hotel Fortuna unfortunately doesn´t have the possibility of free parking. It was necessary to pick up our car at hotel RILA. Hotel Fortuna belongs as hotel Rila to cheaper hotels, but we need to complaint about the untidy room, especially in the bathroom – with full of black mould, and not caulking windows – I recommend to have a sleeping back with You, despite the fact its use is prohibited in the hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jana L

Travelers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Vantaa, Southern Finland, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had this time so little amount of money, that I was searching for a budget hotel nearby blue metro line in Budapest, and I found this one. After reservation, I read many reviews of it and was a bit scared because theres some horrible ratings for that hotel.

When I arrived, first thing I found out was that the staff was very kind and helpful. Next thing, I went brought my baggage to my room, and I noticed its a small room with a fridge and en-suite shower, as described in hotel description. The room was enough for my stay, what else would I do in room but sleep and maybe sometimes take my own quiet time? That was enough for that.

The room was clean, but a bit dusty. Thats normal in rooms wheres a carpet like that, so for me it was ok.

Wifi was lagging sometimes in room and some corners in public places of hotel, but there was some places it worked perfect. It was enough for me.

But the best thing was staff. So nice people, I miss them. Especially two "bosses" there and one younger receptionist. So helpful, kind, social.

Also theres free breakfast, which is very good thing for that price!

I really miss that place. My experience was so great! Thank you Hotel Fortuna staff!

Ahh, and I need to mention, that staff speaks fluent english!

Pillow wasnt best one, but it was ok!

Room Tip: If you want your wifi to work, room should be as near reception as possible.