“High praises! ”

Ranked #46 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Suwanee, Georgia
“High praises! ”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Great room with superb hospitality. Easy access to the city. Staff went out of its way to guide us. Good English. Felt really welcomed. Wi-fi throughout hotel. Dined in restaurant for breakfast and one evening meal. Very nice!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 4 nights at this hotel and would highly recommend to any of my friends and family. Situated on the Buda side of the city which is the quieter side but only a 5 min bus ride away from the livelier Pest side.
Hotel is clean with large studio style bedrooms with cooking facilities and a fridge which is a must from spring until autumn.
The staff could not be any friendlier or more helpful, we changed rooms on request with no hesitation from the reception staff who went well beyond the call of duty to help make our stay in their city an exciting one.The staff also made my wifes birthday a special one with a champagne breakfast and wine delivered to our room, without any prompting from myself.
If you're thinking of a visit to Budapest book this hotel now!

Ps. Great breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pete M
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We visited Budapest in April, 2014.

The hotel is located 10 min away from main tourist section by bus. Extremely friendly, helpful staff, and clean big bedrooms are its main strengths. Furthermore, its really a bargain compared to other hotels, even hostels in central eastern europe.

Take into account: you need to take a bus to get into pest, though its just a 10 min ride. Buda castle and citadell are at walking distance.

I would recomend this hotel to everyone without hesitation, except for those looking forward to luxurious resort type hotels. I will definitely come back if I return to Budapest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed in Charles for 5 days. The rooms are not fancy however are big and clean. Price- excellent deal. Ten minutes walk from the river. Great public transportation near by.
Staff was eager to help.
Highly recommended!
Micky

• Stayed March 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed for two days in this hotel. The room was very comfortable and clean. Bathroom was a decent size with a good shower and bath. The hotel is quiet and is situated in a lovely area of Budapest with good public transport.
The staff at reception was very helpful and could answer any questions I had.
If I have another holiday in Budapest I will stay here.

Kind regards,

Ildiko Cnejevici

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tittelandrea68
Maribor, Slovenia
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Nice hotel, near city center - 20 min by feet. They have very nice personal that speak a lot of languages. Hotel is not new, but it is clean and nice. A hotel restaurant can offer beside tasty breakfast also very nice dinner from traditional to rose steaks and very nice spicy fish files ( i like it). I was in many cities in Europe and I can say that for money you spend here you get more!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Positives: The location on the Buda side of the Danube is a 15-20 minute walk from the Citadel, Buda Castle, and the walking area just over the bridge in Pest. But if you don't feel like walking the bus stops right in front of the hotel.
The en suite rooms are spotless, spacious, warm even in January, and include a teeny kitchenette. The staff are incredibly kind and helpful.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

Negatives: Trying to think of something... the bed was a bit too soft for us.

Personal Note: We were in Budapest for my birthday. For my birthday the hotel gifted me with a bottle of wine. They were also in cahoots with my husband for my birthday surprise- having my father join us on the trip! (I'd been trying to get him to travel with us for ages. The last time he was in Europe it was the '70s...)
For New Year a bottle of champagne was provided to each room.
Finally, we had difficulties with our bags and the staff were invaluable in helping us sort things out.

Room Tip: The restaurant is excellent.