We knew we had booked this hotel because it was cheap. Having used the airport shuttle to reach it our initial impression to the least was somewhat disconcerting. However once we walked in the door our delight with this wee hotel just got better and better. The checkin was swift and sure. The reception was friendly and extremely helpful. Within minutes they had saved us the cost of using the Budapest Card by pointing out that as senior citizens we could travel FREE on all public transport.
Outside the hotel was a bus stop for Nos 8 and 112 which could be used to go across the river to the heart of Pest. 50 yards round the corner there was a bus stop, No 78 which linked up with the No 16 to go up to the Castle on top od Buda, or close to the Funicular or Lift again up to the Castle area. Using the official tourist map given to us by the hotel reception we soon found Metro service which took us to the Heroes square and the nearby Hot Bath's. The trams took us to the Parliament building. All in all this made our stay so pleasant. In addition as I was over 70 entrance to Museums was free (50% for over 65).
Every morning we savoured a super hot breakfast buffett. On our first evening we had a very nice dinner in the hotel at a very fair price. Thereafter we dined out as Budapest as a wealth of restaurants of which the Casablanca on Vaci,was tops. We ordered 2 steaks on hot stone to be told one would be sufficient! It was indeed. Our rooms were very spacious if somewhat hot (It was freezing outside most of our stay). The bed(ding) was most comfortable.The bathroom was very funtional but quite adequate. By the time we left with Airport Shuttle we were sorry to leave our home from home in Budapest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Charles is situated on Gellert hill, on the Buda side of the river, with excellent public transportation to the close city centre. The Citadel and the Royal Castle is within walking distance. All our Deluxe category studios are airconditioned, while some of our newly furnished Standard category studios are available with airconditioning as well for a surcharge. All of our studios are equipped with a kitchenette. Free WIFI access is available in the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charles And Apartment
- Hotel Charles Apartment
- Charles Apartment Budapest