Baross City Hotel
$176
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

$148
$139
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$197
$149
Official Site
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$200
$105
$118
$101
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$275
$253
$134
$110
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$141
$111
Priceline
$600
$493
  • Pool
All reviewskeleti train stationfifth floorbudapest keletimain stationthin wallsbreakfast roomcentral courtyardnice hotelsalamiyour luggageclean roomsmetro linepublic transportthe room was niceconvenient locationexcellent locationshort stay
Reviewed October 21, 2014

I arrived at Keleti Station, went out and looked round and this was the only hotel in sight. From the outside it didn't look appealing so I asked advice from the station information desk and they recommended the same hotel. So - heart in my mouth - I decided to try it (my experience of hotels near stations has seldom been good). In fact it was surprisingly good. The receptionist was superb: she was polite, helpful, friendly, efficient. The room - once I'd negotiated the long warren of passages - was clean and absolutely fine for a reasonably priced city hotel. OK, breakfast was nothing to write home about but I was satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank changemaker
Baross_Manager, General Manager at Baross City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

Dear changemaker,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Baross City Hotel whilst visiting Budapest.
I am glad to learn that high level of our customer service was reflected in your stay and the positive experiences pleasantly surprised you. The location of the hotel is indeed very convenient for those who travel by train, as it is placed right next to the Keleti International Railway station.

If ever you need any assistance with making future reservations please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed October 20, 2014

The hotel is near the public tranports. The room is clean, and affordable. The reception is welcome.
Points negatives: No remotre controle of tivi. Wifi was too weak.Breaksfasts were poor. The kichen staffs were never smile though clients said thank you.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Dear Phan H,

Thank you for providing us with brief summary of your recent stay at the Baross City Hotel.
I am disappointed that you found the kitchen staff unhappy, they should always keep smiling to brigthen our guests’ morning. On the other part I am pleased to read that you found the room clean and reasonably priced. It can be also comforting to know that our remote control supplement order has arrived, so that you won’t miss it on your next stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2014 via mobile

Arrived for a short visit. I chose baross because it was afordable and offered breakfast. It is next to keleti station so it is very easy to navigate town with 2 metro lines. We had a very nice room and all the staff were great. When we checked out for an early flight the desk arranged for us to get a little breakfast which made our morning.

Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jahonbin
Baross_Manager, General Manager at Baross City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Dear Jahonbin,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with feedback.
I do appreciate the kind comments you gave about the staff and the excellent service they delivered during your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again for another memorable short trip or longer stay as well.

Reviewed September 28, 2014 via mobile

Thanks for service for everybody! We enjoyed to stay in the hotel. Many thanks to the reception representatives. Breakfast is good and always fresh.
All best wishes and hopefully to see you again during our next vacation in nice city Budapest!

Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed September 21, 2014

The Good: $60 a night for a double. Nice breakfast included. We stayed here twice, rooms 509 and 510 the first 4 nights. Rooms okay, keeping in mind this is not a 5 star hotel. It is at best a 2.5 star hotel with a 5 star location. I was with my wife and brother and sister-in-law. Reception staff is very good and go out of their way to be helpful and be of assistance. Chose this hotel, also because it was advertised as fully "wifi". So many places have full wifi now, I no longer have an international calling plan, which by the way, for those who do not know, you pay for those calls even if you don't answer the phone after it rings. (Check your wireless plan- surprise!) I now use Viber or What's App. Wifi in room 510 was good and free wifi is available all over in Budapest. Sometimes codes are required and sometimes not.
The Bad: We came back to Budapest after 6 nights in Romania. We again stayed at the Baross and did so because the hotel held anything we did not want to take with us. Most hotels will do this if you are returning. We booked the return stay on March 3, 2014 for one night. When we returned they gave us a small suite, rooms 514 and 515 at no extra charge. However, room 514 was very nice and could sleep 4 and 515 was just for two people (Queen sized bed). Now the worst of it; 514 we only had a shower in our bathroom. Upon entering the suite all appeared okay. Turned on the A/C and it worked well and cooled quickly, but it only cooled the living room and kitchen area.
Bedrooms had their own locked doors, so could it be possible that 514 and 515 could be used by non related guests who would share the common living room and kitchen area? Common area had no TV, only TV's were in the bedrooms.
No problem with the above, so far.
Floors were dirty as in hair and dust. Bathroom in 515 had the terrible stench of a "dead rat". Yes, I kid you not. My son is a plumber, as was my uncle and I have done extensive plumbing work myself. I correctly determined that the smell was coming from the bathroom floor drain as in sewer gas. The smell was so bad it irritated my eyes and nose with a burning sensation. I immediately flooded the floor drain with water and used the bath mat, which I soaked with water and folded it up and covered the drain. Opened all the bedroom windows and within an hour the smell was just about gone.
We requested a room change but the hotel was full. We had to live with it. Was the hotel staff aware? Yes, they were as they had "stickup" air fresheners or odor killers placed in three locations inside the bedroom/ bathroom area. I told the front desk receptionist what the problem was, but there was nothing they could attempt while we were still in the room, so we had to live with it for the night. Shower drain very slow and by the time I finished my shower, the pan was filled with more than 3 inches of water. I turned off the water to soap up. My wife almost had the pan overflow.
Finally, my sister-in-law had a gold chain and cross in her luggage on our first stay at this hotel, worth about $250. The first night after checkin we went out for dinner and on the way back, my sister-in-law bought two of those traditional tube cakes and a package of paprika. When we went out the next day, those items were in a paper shopping bag. Both of the tube shaped pastries were partially consumed but wrapped in the clear plastic wrap they were sold in and were in the bag with the 250 gram package of paprika. Room service came in after we left for the day. When we returned the bag with the pastry and the paprika was gone. They made mention of it to the hotel staff and the maid said she thought it was waste and removed it as trash. The management said they would reimburse my sister-in-law for the cost of the items and deduct the cost from the maids pay. I saw the bag sitting next to the desk before we left. It was clear to me that it was not trash and the bag of paprika was clearly visible as were the neatly closed pastries. They choose to let it go as an honest mistake as not wanting to have the maid pay for the items. However, two days later when we were leaving for Romania and my sister-in-law wanted to wear the cross that was packed securely in her luggage. She could not find it. When we arrived at her mother-in-law's in Romania and did a complete search, the cross was not found.
They have room safes. Use them!
Wifi towards the front of the building very poor.
We took car service to and from this hotel to the airport. Only 2500 HUF per person. ($10.33 )

Room Tip: Wifi best closer to the reception area closer to the back of the building. Stay away from the suites located on the fifth and possibly 6th floor. Suites are located in the front of the building where wifi is not good at all. Would I recommend this hotel? A qualified Yes because of the location, but watch out and assert yourself if you have any problems.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family
Baross_Manager, General Manager at Baross City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Dear Chickyny,

Thank you for providing thorough review about your recent stays with us. I am very pleased to read your compliments on attentive reception team, nice breakfast and 5-star location.

Despite the good experiences of the first time visit, we are sorry that your next stay was negatively affected by the conditions of the bathrooms. We will be conducting a thorough check on the bathrooms to ensure that floor and shower drains are replaced and we are sorry these could not fixed before you left.

As you mentioned our two bedroom apartments consist of 2 separate bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, are the perfect accomodation choice for families, friends or small groups. Different room type features can be found on our website as we wish to provide as much information as we possibly can to potential guests ahead of making the reservation, thus it never happened that non related guests used two bedroom apartments at the same time.

I would like to assure you we take a lot of care and attention for the safety and security of our guests, as well as their belongings and I am sorry that the cross has been lost, however your sister-in-law told us that she might have lost it somewhere else during her trip.

Finally we would like to thank you for the kindness of your family to waive the cost of the removed items, and handling the situation tolerantly. As you remarked it happened by accident, and the maid very much regret this incident.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you better if your travels bring you back to Budapest.

With best regards,