My Husband I went to Hungary as the second half of our honeymoon. (it was his first time in Europe, let alone in Hungary) The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but once we got into our room we were pleasantly surprised! We got a great deal through Expedia when we booked a flight and hotel!!
The hotel is in a quiet street very close to the Duna (Danube) and the Chain Bridge. The metro staion (Deak Ferenc ter =square) is in walking distance as is the beautiful Bazilika( literally a couple blocks away.) Our room had a "living room" with a bar, big windows facing the street, and a t.v.. The bedroom aso had a T.V, big windows facing the street,decent closet space for our luggages, and honestly a nice bathroom with a shower/tub. The hair drier was great-very powerful!! It was very clean. Good AC/ heater. I am Hungarian American, so the language was no problem for me (I was my Hubby's tour guide) but the receptionists spoke English and were VERY friendy, courteous, and professional!!
We had continental breakfast- wasn't much, but all I really needed was the coffee anyway. There is a restaurant at the end of the block "Hild etterem" with traditional homestyle Hungarian food- Good prices -my husband loved it so much, we ate there 3 times during our stay.
I definately reccommend this place to anyone and everyone! It isn't luxurious, but for the price, size and location compared to other places, it is perfect!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starlight Suites Hotel Merleg Budapest! Experience four star luxury in the centre of Budapest. Our hotel is located in the city centre in close vicinity to the Chain Bridge and Szechenyi Square. Famous sights, such as the St. Stephens Basilica, the Hungarian State Opera, and the House of Parliament are within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel. The easy to reach public transport system will get you to your destination effortlessly, no matter if you are attending a business meeting or are exploring the famous sights the city has to offer. Our spacious 54 suites and apartments offer 4-star comfort and a complete set of business facilities. Take advantage of the hotel's amenities, relax at the hotel bar after a long day or exercise in the gym, which comes complete with a sauna and steam room. If you are travelling by car, take advantage of our parking and valet services. The front desk is staffed around the clock and our friendly team is always ready to assist you. To make your stay as pleasant as possible we offer full concierge services, such as tickets for the public transport system, restaurant reservations, etc. We will be happy to help our guests anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starlight Suiten Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Suiten Budapest
- Hotel Starlight Suiten
- Starlight Suiten Hotel Budapest