I spent weeks researching many hotels in Budapest and I was thrilled that I picked this hotel in the end. Firstly the location is wonderful, only a few minutes walk from the city centre,and near the metro. It is near the spectacular chain bridge that separates Buda and Pest, and the fact that it is very close to the top four seasons hotels proves how great the location is.
The room is huge,with a living area and spacious bathroom.It is very clean and filled with necessary facilities such as toiletries,lots of towels that are changed daily,a kettle,with a variety of drinks which are also replaced daily. There is a hair-dryer,two tvs,a microwave and a mini bar fridge. The rooms were very warm, but can be easily adjusted, and during the winter its best to have them that way rather than freezing. I wasn't expecting much from the breakfast having read bad reviews on this ,but they were clearly misleading as breakfast was plentiful with a variety of cereals,fruits,yoghurt's,breads,cheeses,salads,eggs and meats,as well as delicious fresh pastries with many fillings. The breakfast was ideal and satisfying enough to keep any busy person energised enough to take on this beautiful city.
The staff were welcoming and friendly and gave us maps and brochures of the city and happily answered any questions we had.There is also a luggage storage room that you can avail of,if your flight is later in the day and you want your belongings kept safe while you treasure your last hours in the city. There is also a sauna and fitness area which we didn't get the opportunity to use as we were always out exploring the city,so I cant comment on this aspect.The only tip I would offer to improve the hotel is that for a four star hotel I think more work and creativity could be used to modernise the hallways and make them a bit more luxurious and fresh.
I really enjoyed everything about Budapest and it was delightful to wake up and come home to a pleasant refreshing hotel. I will definitely be returning to Budapest and I wont waste any time researching hotels as I would certainly book this hotel straight away. köszönöm :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starlight Suites Hotel Merleg Budapest! Experience four star luxury in the centre of Budapest. Our hotel is located in the city centre in close vicinity to the Chain Bridge and Szechenyi Square. Famous sights, such as the St. Stephens Basilica, the Hungarian State Opera, and the House of Parliament are within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel. The easy to reach public transport system will get you to your destination effortlessly, no matter if you are attending a business meeting or are exploring the famous sights the city has to offer. Our spacious 54 suites and apartments offer 4-star comfort and a complete set of business facilities. Take advantage of the hotel's amenities, relax at the hotel bar after a long day or exercise in the gym, which comes complete with a sauna and steam room. If you are travelling by car, take advantage of our parking and valet services. The front desk is staffed around the clock and our friendly team is always ready to assist you. To make your stay as pleasant as possible we offer full concierge services, such as tickets for the public transport system, restaurant reservations, etc. We will be happy to help our guests anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starlight Suiten Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Suiten Budapest
- Hotel Starlight Suiten
- Starlight Suiten Hotel Budapest